Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Phoenixes being unfit pets

ggg-2

In The Molt Down, it states that Phoenix feathers mess with a pony's hearing, essentially making them unsuited for domestication. But what about Philomena? Yes, we only saw her once, but things went fine with her. Yes, you could make the argument that Alicorns are immune, but Fluttershy was also unaffected.

11 minutes ago, ggg-2 said:

In The Molt Down, it states that Phoenix feathers mess with a pony's hearing, essentially making them unsuited for domestication. But what about Philomena? Yes, we only saw her once, but things went fine with her. Yes, you could make the argument that Alicorns are immune, but Fluttershy was also unaffected.

Might not be a general reaction. There are plenty of people allergic to bird feathers, cat fur, that sort of thing, so possibly pheonix feathers only affect a small proportion of ponies, and Rarity is just unlucky.

• Brohoof 2

I never remembered anything like that. Philomena was an odd pet we didn't get to see again. Reminded me of Spike, like he was some sort of a unique pet for the ponies as well.

• 5 months later...
On 6/24/2020 at 12:57 PM, Splashee said:

I never remembered anything like that. Philomena was an odd pet we didn't get to see again. Reminded me of Spike, like he was some sort of a unique pet for the ponies as well.

Spike is not a freaking pet.
He's flipping sapient there.  As in talking, acting, etc. as the other sapient/sentient beings.