Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

This is a fan club about all the pets of the mane 6. 

Personally, I love all of them and i'm happy if they appear in an episode.  :D

I absolutely love the episode 'Just For Sidekicks'! The interaction between the pets are priceless.

So if you would like to talk/discuss about any of them or post some images, don't hesitate :)

My top 7

1: Opalescence

2: Winona

3: Owlowiscious

4: Tank

5: Gummy

6: Angel

7: Pee Wee

I'm curious to hear which pets are your favourite!

mylittlepe11.png

• Brohoof 2

YAY I LOVE THIS THREAD! The pets are one of my favorite parts of the show! My favorites are Angel, Gummy, and Opalescence. I feel like all of them are kind of sassy and it cracks me up. Plus the relationship they have with their owners has been showcased so well. I just love them so much!

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Angel Bunny is my favorite cosplayer!

img-2847536-1-attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Those bunnies look adorable  ^_^

I'm pleasantly surprised that a lot of people have Angel in their top 3.He usually don't get a lot of love because many think she's a jerk. 

I think he's just a bunny with personality  :lol:

Angel always brings some hilarious and great moments in an episode.

But I might be one of the only persons who has Opalescence as favourite. I think many people consider him as some grumpy cat, but most persian cats have that expression on their face (and a bit his vain personality). 

I would adopt him immediatly if I could.

Edited by Pinklady
  • Brohoof 2

My ranking off the cusp

1. Gummy

Do I need to explain? He's adorable, a great concept, and his unblinking demeanor is the perfect compliment to Pinkie Pie

gummy_motivational_by_crossoverprincess-

2. Angel

He's adorable, devious, and usually well written! Again, a perfect counterpart for his caretaker; Fluttershy

tumblr_m8eqapBO931r5ykii.jpg

3. Tank

A Tortoise with a Helicopter suit! What's not to love! If he got more screentime he'd probably be higher on my list.

225456__safe_rainbow-dash_animated_adora

4. Opal Essence

I love cats! And apparently, so do the writers and animators as she's spot on

418047__safe_fluttershy_rarity_animated_

5. Owlowiscious

I love a good pun and you know "who" is great at one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqAsLI_V8vk

6.Winona

An adorable pooch and the pet of best pony! I wanted to put her higher, but again, she needs more screentime

applejack___winona_by_quanno3-d51k8hb.pn

7. PeeWee

I probably would've forgotten Spike's pet Phoenix had Pinklady not mentioned him in the OP. Have we even seen him since this scene?

• Brohoof 3

In case you would wonder how the pets would look like in pony version, I thought this was a pretty good piece of fanart. 
What do you think, good design or rather meh ? :) 

pet_peeves_by_equestria_prevails-d5ucspv

My ranking off the cusp

1. Gummy

Do I need to explain? He's adorable, a great concept, and his unblinking demeanor is the perfect compliment to Pinkie Pie

img-2848682-1-gummy_motivational_by_cros

2. Angel

He's adorable, devious, and usually well written! Again, a perfect counterpart for his caretaker; Fluttershy

img-2848682-2-tumblr_m8eqapBO931r5ykii.j

3. Tank

A Tortoise with a Helicopter suit! What's not to love! If he got more screentime he'd probably be higher on my list.

img-2848682-3-225456__safe_rainbow-dash_

4. Opal Essence

I love cats! And apparently, so do the writers and animators as she's spot on

img-2848682-4-418047__safe_fluttershy_ra

5. Owlowiscious

I love a good pun and you know "who" is great at one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqAsLI_V8vk

6.Winona

An adorable pooch and the pet of best pony! I wanted to put her higher, but again, she needs more screentime

img-2848682-5-applejack___winona_by_quan

7. PeeWee

I probably would've forgotten Spike's pet Phoenix had Pinklady not mentioned him in the OP. Have we even seen him since this scene?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1xVyITbKFM

You described them all in a really nice an accurate way :) You're also right about the screentime. For some pets it's rather difficult to form a good opinion about them because we don't know a lot about them or a lot about their personality (except from Angel, Opalescence and maybe Owlowiscious).

I certainly hope they get their own episode again in season 5.

• Brohoof 4

1. Angel

2. Winona

3. Tank

Those are my top 3

In case you would wonder how the pets would look like in pony version, I thought this was a pretty good piece of fanart. 

img-2849080-1-pet_peeves_by_equestria_pr

They look awesome!

• Brohoof 1

img-2849080-1-pet_peeves_by_equestria_pr

Omg they all look awesome! Kudos to the one who drew that! :D
  • Brohoof 1

Omg they all look awesome! Kudos to the one who drew that! :D

It's made by Equestria-Prevails on Deviantart. He made some pretty good stuff like this one:

light_up_the_night_by_equestria_prevails

• Brohoof 4

Heh, I really like the pets as well. :) They're so cute!

1. Winona is probably my favorite; she's so cute. I wish we got to see more of her though!

2. Owlowiscious is my second favorite. Even though I think the "who" joke is becoming overused, I still like his personality when he interacts with Spike. 

3. Tank would be next, because of his big role in the show. It was so sweet of him to save Rainbow Dash like that :)

4. Angel used to be last on my list, but like you say, he's a bunny with a personality. He's actually pretty funny most of the time :P

5./6. Gummy and Opal - I can't choose which one I like better so I put them both here.

I love the picture of the pets as ponies (and a griffon) too!

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Heh, I really like the pets as well. :) They're so cute!

1. Winona is probably my favorite; she's so cute. I wish we got to see more of her though!

2. Owlowiscious is my second favorite. Even though I think the "who" joke is becoming overused, I still like his personality when he interacts with Spike. 

3. Tank would be next, because of his big role in the show. It was so sweet of him to save Rainbow Dash like that :)

4. Angel used to be last on my list, but like you say, he's a bunny with a personality. He's actually pretty funny most of the time :P

5./6. Gummy and Opal - I can't choose which one I like better so I put them both here.

I love the picture of the pets as ponies (and a griffon) too!

True what you say about Owlowiscious. He's a great pet but if he keeps on having his same role next season with some 'who' jokes, he might get a bit lower on my ranking.

But it must be a difficult character for the writers, he doesn't have many facial expressions, he can't talk, so what do you have to do with him? Basically the poor thing can only blink his eyes, stare and say 'who'.

Opalescence and Bunny for example has much more different looks, so it's easier to give them a good role.

The big advantage Owlowiscious has compared with the other pets are his intellect and the fact that an owl always has something mysterious and magical.

Edited by Pinklady
  • Brohoof 1

Since this is a pet topic I wonder if you guys have any pets?

I used to have a cat when I was little but nowadays no sweet pets around me.
It's not that I don't want to but I don't have the time for them.

Since I love pets that much, I would be devasteted to leave it so much alone at home. I think you only should take a pet when you can take good care of it and not because of egoism. The well being of the pet always comes on the first time. Many people tend to forget that unfortunately.

• Brohoof 1

Winona is my favorite. I absolutely love dogs, and believe it or not, one of my buddies has a dog that looks just like her, and is named Apple. I'm not kidding.

Did he call her 'Apple' on purpose because he knew his dog is similar to Winona or does he even don't know the show?

If not, it's a huge coincidence :)

• Brohoof 1

Did he call her 'Apple' on purpose because he knew his dog is similar to Winona or does he even don't know the show?

If not, it's a huge coincidence :)

It's a coincidence. I think he named her because of her brighter colors or something. She's really friendly, and likes to jump on my lap a lot. :)

• Brohoof 2

It's a coincidence. I think he named her because of her brighter colors or something. She's really friendly, and likes to jump on my lap a lot. :)

Awww she sounds like such a sweet dog. By the way, I wonder which dog breed Winona is. Maybe the same breed as your friend his dog?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Awww she sounds like such a sweet dog. By the way, I wonder which dog breed Winona is. Maybe the same breed as your friend his dog?

She's a border collie. She's so adorable. :3 

Or at least I think she is. She looks almost exactly like Winona.

Edited by (MARVEL) Blue Blood
  • Brohoof 1

She's a border collie. She's so adorable. :3 

Or at least I think she is. She looks almost exactly like Winona.

Now that you mention it: I searched for some boarder collie images on google and Winona looks just the same.

I learned something new again :lol:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...