Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rank the 2 parters

CoryBaxter420

Hello everybody I want you to rank the 2 parters in FiM from worst to best

Worst

A Canterlot Wedding (Honestly it made 5 of the Mane 6 dumb just to progress the plot forward but it introduced the Changalings so it's not the worst thing ever)

The Crystaling (This one sucks because of how dumb Flurry Heart is as a concept is and how contribed the ending is)

Shadow Play (It's kinda neat how the Mane 6 meeting the 'Legend 6' as I like to call them because idk what else to call them, but it's just kinda bland)

School Raze (Cozy Glow is a worse twist villain than professor Calahan from Big Hero 6)

The Crystal Empire (It's just kinda meh and bland like Shadow Play, but it's a lot more colorful and since I don't like Spike, the ending kinda sucked for me personally)

Princess Twilight (Ok now we gettin into gud territory and It's alright, but I feel like it was 1 episode padded out to 2 episodes)

School Daze (Big world building introduced here. We get the Student 6, we get the Mane 6 starting a focken school. We get Neigh Say being an a hole but Twilight says 'fak you I'm doing this my way')

Ending of the End (A decent way to end the series with a prison break, and a final battle of epic proportions but things like Twilight thinking all of what she did was for nothing is cliche and sucks)

Friendship is Magic (A decent way to begin the series by showing us the Mane 6 and their dynamic that I oh so fkin love and watch the show for)

Beginning of the End (Not really noteworthy but it shows Discord motivating Twilight and Sombra frickin dies which is the only death in mlp on screen)

Twilight's Kingdom (Pretty good it shows us some smart decisions from the characters like the 3 other princesses transfering their power to Twilight and Tirek is alright but the ending is contribed)

The Cutie Map (Introduces us to Starlight who is my 2nd favorite side character and 4th favorite character behind Derpy and it has FOCKEN COMMUNISM IN A KIDS SHOW)

To Where and Back Again (It ends the changaling threat once and for all and it shows us a teamup between 4 side characters going on an epic adventure of epic proportions)

Return of Harmony (It introduces us to Discord, the best character in the series and shows what the Mane 6 would be like if they were opposite of what they were and evil Applejack cracks me up)

The Cutie Remark (Time travel plots can be a mess, but this episode is fun because it shows us some neat alternate timelines and has Starlight reform and become the one we all know and love)

• Brohoof 2

Cutie Map
Return of Harmony
Twilight's Kingdom
Princess Twilight
Friendship is Magic
Canterlot Wedding
Crystal Empire
All of the Haber 2-parters

• Brohoof 1

Just now, CoryBaxter420 said:

what's Haber

Josh Haber, Story Editor for Seasons 6-9

I don't like him as story editor and I really didn't feel like ranking his episodes lol

1 minute ago, CoryBaxter420 said:

well season 6 was an abortion so i can understand that

Are you kidding? it's the season that made Changelings my favorite non-pony race (Thank you Thorax) and got me to finish University by making a seemingly unlike character relatable (Flutter Brutter). Plus two spike episodes done right (Gauntlet of Fire, Times They're a Changeling). A series finale that featured unlikely heroes saving the day (To Where and Back Again). Season of pleasant surprises was Season 6.

The season parters that go against expectations are far more interesting.

Just now, Will Guide said:

Are you kidding? it's the season that made Changelings my favorite non-pony race (Thank you Thorax) and got me to finish University by making a seemingly unlike character relatable (Flutter Brutter). Plus two spike episodes done right (Gauntlet of Fire, Times They're a Changeling). A series finale that featured unlikely heroes saving the day (To Where and Back Again). Season of pleasant surprises was Season 6.

yeah the highs were pretty good but the lows sucked

1 minute ago, CoryBaxter420 said:

yeah the highs were pretty good but the lows sucked

I will admit there's a lot more episodes in season 6 that are forgettable or  that I don't want to watch again than there were season 5 or season 4

We all know how bad I am at ranking things because I love this show too much to criticise anything at all. :please:

If I had to pick the ones that stood out the most, they would probably be in no particular order, the very first episode, 'The Return of Harmony,' 'The Crystal Empire', 'The Cutie Map,' 'The Cutie Remark,' 'Twilight's Kingdom', and the 'Ending of the End.' I know that was pretty much most of them but I can't choose! :wub:

Alright, here are my rankings from best to worst. (#1 being the best and #15 being the worst)

1. The Ruturn of Harmony (Such a fun and dynamic two-parter introducing the one and only: Discord. I loved this episode when I first watched it and I still love it.)
  2. Twilights Kingdom (This was a very close runner up. This episode is just super fun and exciting. Tirek was a cool villain in this episode, and the overall concept was well done. Plus, there's that epic fight scene.)
  3. The Cutie Map (Just a very interesting premier. I love the way the main characters are portrayed, and this episode did a good job introducing starlight and her town.)
  4. The Cutie Re-mark (Like Twilights Kingdom, this was just an epic an exciting episode. All those alternate timeline were so fun to ponder.)
  5. The Canterlot Wedding (Classic, iconic, and fun. it was a great way to end my favorite season of the show.)
  6. Friendship is Magic (The two-parter to start it all. To this day I still find enjoyment in watching this pilot. It has so many memories attached to it.)
  7. The Ending of the End (Now, there were some things I wasn't crazy about with this two-parter, but overall it was fun. the episode had such an interesting concept, and had multiple epic fight scenes.)
  8. The Beginning of the  End (This episode was alright. I do think it was very rushed, and it didn't quite entertain me the same way the top seven did.)
  9. To where and Back Again (Another just okay two-parter. i do like the interactions between our group of characters, but then there are the reformed changelings, which I dislike.)
  10. Shadow Play (Kinda uninteresting and not very memorable)
  11. The Crystal Empire (Also uninteresting and not memorable)
  12. Princess Twilight (ANOTHER uninteresting unmemorable episode)
  13. School Raze (This episode really had things I disliked. One part being that it takes place at the awful school of friendship. Another being Cozyglow as a villain. (And our main cast were just trapped in Tartarus half the time!)
  14. The Crystalling (Yikes, talk about boring. This episode is a whole lot of nothing. You can practically fall asleep while watching it. Oh yeah, and there's Flurry Heart...Sigh.)
  15. School Days (What an AWFUL episode this was. It was the start to the worst plot device in all of MLP...The school of friendship. Not only that, but the main characters, the student six, are plain an uninteresting to me. I'd rather focus on pretty much any of the background ponies we see in the school than them. And the plot itself was terrible. YIKES!)

1. Shadow Play
  2. The Cutie Map
  3. Cutie Re-Mark
  4. Return of Harmony
  5. Beginning of the End
  6. The Crystalling
  7. Raze
  8. Daze
  9. Twilight's Kingdom
  10. FIM
  11. Ending of the End
  12. Princess Twilight Sparkle
  13. A Canterlot Wedding
  14. Crystal Empire
  15. To Where

49 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:
  1. Shadow Play
  2. The Cutie Map
  3. Cutie Re-Mark
  4. Return of Harmony
  5. Beginning of the End
  6. The Crystalling
  7. Raze
  8. Daze
  9. Twilight's Kingdom
  10. FIM
  11. Ending of the End
  13. A Canterlot Wedding
  14. Crystal Empire
  15. To Where

shadow play number 1? you on something my friend

but in all seriousness how come Shadow Play is at number 1?

3 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:

About two years ago, I wrote a mini-analysis explaining why.

https://mlpforums.com/profile/2227-dark-qiviut/?status=896561&type=status

whiile I respect your opinion, Shadow Play feels like filler to me and you could take Starswirl and the other 5 of those characters out of the Ending of the End and no value would be lost.

my problems with it is that the villain is bland and he should have just talked to starswirl about his problem instead of turning evil and even then it feels underwhelming

1. The Return of Harmony
  2. Twilight's Kingdom
  3. The Cutie Map
  4. Friendship is Magic
  5. School Daze
  6. Princess Twilight Sparkle
  7. The Crystal Empire
  8. Shadow Play
  9. A Canterlot Wedding
  10. The Beginning of the End
  11. School Raze
  12. The Crystalling
  13. To Where and Back Again
  14. The Cutie Re-Mark

I have no intention of watching "The Ending of the End." :yeahno:

• Brohoof 3

1. Friendship is Magic Part 1 and 2 (the 2 episodes that got me hooked on the show from the beginning. It was a magical experience watching the show for the first time and every time I go back and rewatch the show I still get goosebumps and giddy when watching the first two) 

2. To Where and Back Again (Starlight is my favorite addition to the show ever! This season's overall arch was about her "reformation," her being able to accept herself as good rather than constantly looking back at her mistakes as if they define who she is now. The buildup (while could've had more Starlight episodes for stronger emotions) was awesome, and watching the teams antics and the world building were lots of fun. Incredible finale that has Starlight learning to accept and love herself and finally understand that friendship is for her.)

3. Twilight's Kingdom Part 1 and 2 (These two episodes were a culmination of 4 seasons, it felt like everything was leading to this moment and it did not disappoint. Great new villian, meaningful betrayal, deep emotions from Twilight, amazing starting song and decent ending song, awesome season buildup, world building, and cool action. Not a big fan of the moral. Like all of that somehow led twilight to the conclusion that as a princess she is supposed to spread friendship? Feels like EQG already did it or just something that should've been obvious or idk. I guess somehow sacrificing her powers for the gang and discord led to that. Idk, just feels like there should;ve been something more there. Either way amazing finale, but why it's my 3rd fav :D )

4. The Cutie Remark Part 1 and 2 (Great emotions of anger and despair from Starlight, strong moral about past "trauma" and how it leads hating the world around you and how hard it is to open yourself up again, amazing ending song that sums up the emotions from the cutie map to this point, cool alternate equestrias, funny antics, culmination of the morals throughout the season, but weak starlight backstory)

5. The Cutie Map (interesting plot, good song, starlight is a great villain who was clever and cunning and then evil and powerful, funny antics from main characters and side characters, started but episode kind of lacked some hard hitting deep emotion. )

6. The Return of Harmony (Discord was a great villain just being chaotic, altered forms of the mane 6 were fun to watch, strong moral about fighting for your friendships/not giving up on your friends even if it is a lil too fantastical, deep emotion on Twilight's part, while pretty much great episode I find the others from before to be better just because they for the most part has everything this episode has but stronger so lacks a lil rewatchability as it was only the beginning of season 2 so the full extent of strong feelings that Twilight has for her friends don't feel as strong as they do, in say, Magical Mystery Cure realization. 

(below this the episodes are still great but don't feel like going too much in to detail for these) 

7. Shadow Play

8.  School Raze

9. The Beginning of the End

10. The Ending of the End

11. A Canterlot Wedding

(below this the episodes are just good) 

13. School Daze

14. The Crystalling

(and don't like The Crystal Empire) 

15. The Crystal Empire (kinda boring, but I like the song) 

Edited by Miss

I borrowed @Woohoo's ranking system gave my last four episodes a tie for "least favorite". 

1. The Return of Harmony
  2. A Canterlot Wedding
  3. Twilight's Kingdom
  4. Princess Twilight Sparkle
  5. The Beginning of the End
  6. Friendship is Magic
  7. Princess Twilight Sparkle
  8. The Crystal Empire
  9. Shadow Play
  10. The Cutie Map
  11. The Cutie Re-Mark 
  12. The Crystalling
  13. School DazeTo Where and Back AgainThe Last ProblemSchool Raze
Edited by Sparklefan1234

On 9/2/2020 at 5:37 AM, Will Guide said:

That's a good reminder Season 6 had some good stuff!

As for me ranking them, I find it difficult. I never really understood the two parters as they were not made to be cliffhangers like usual two parters. And Season 7's odd start made the season really good, so I think the over all season is more important than its beginning and end.