Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if Celestia turned into Nightmare Star or Solar Flare?

Props Valroa

Daybreaker was just an imagination / dream of Starlight. I believe had Celestia turned evil she would have become Nightmare Star or Solar flare. What if she had gone rogue at the end of the series, being the final villain?

mlp_fim_the_day_shall_last_by_emeralddarkness_d62qrcg-fullview.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD0xNzkzIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZTY2ZDg3NDctYWNiYS00M2RhLWI4OTMtZTI1ODIzNWRiNTNhXC9kNjJxcmNnLTI0NjRiZDVjLWE3YzItNDY1NS1hNzk2LWZjZWI2ZjQ5YzE0ZC5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTYwMCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.Le7V2TipMtQ2z95wjO7Rm2TShJQjy8UQvLxV1TZi4Uw&key=945565d279dd73402c8eae25408eba933d98375856411e292585478984e11d71

nightmare_star_full_by_brisineo-da98gfi.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpc3MiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwic3ViIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl0sIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiIvZi9hMzFjNjE2ZC1iMjYwLTQ0M2EtYjI5MS03Y2ZkZDQ1MzkxNjEvZGE5OGdmaS1jMmRjNjQyYi1iYjNiLTQyNDYtYmRjYi0xMjVkNGM2ZTdlZDUucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTk0NSIsImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9ODQ1In1dXX0._JptCejo7G8x7sAYFhRgmU3-BgzOPUwz2y0fwNelO24&key=f71fdc772e25744089dfcf452dbbbe5183c57c16b1769ef7fc4aed5da800a137

She could have ,since she was written to be retired anyways. But she was always the good guy through the entire series. Turning somepony good is one thing (through reforming), but making somepony turn bad, I don't think would ever have happened. A dream was all we got.

• Brohoof 1

Would be hard to find a "why".

Luna became NMM because she believed she was being neglected, not getting the attention she felt she deserved, and playing a poor second to her popular sister.

Celestia however is tired after a millenium of rule, and looking forward to her retirement; but she has mentored and guided her eventual replacement, and is universally revered as the Solar Princess. As soon as the dust settles, she can effectively do whatever she wants, for as long as she wants, and if she wanted the crown back again, despite the burden, Twi would give it back to her in a heartbeat.

• Brohoof 1

So whenever someone asks this I feel like I should ask them how. Is the Idea replacing Luna with Celestia? What difference would that actually make?

I just have a lot of difficulty seeing a reason to do this other than you hate Celestia and want Luna in her place or vice-versa.

Other than that, 'Celestia is evil now', not only reeks of lack of imagination to me, but there is also the problem that I don't see a reason for the canon Celestia to become a villain.

And that is without going into how pathetic she'd be as a villain unless one was going for comedy about characters being cringe-worthy bad as villains.

Edited by Metemponychosis
Edited it because it seems I can't English today
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

@CypherHoof 🐎 @Metemponychosis

Well my idea is, she was a villain all along and kept her populace in line by tying them to one destiny - a cutie mark or manipulated her populace into adoring her. Cutie marks tell an individual what to do and compel them to do certain tasks...what if Celestia created cutie marks? And someone finds out, and she releases her 'true colors'. 

No matter how much pure someone is, Celestia has had that power for a very very long time. How could she NOT be corrupted? I think it would have been a good lesson - the mentors you have, the elders you have in your life can be your worst night mare and there is NO such thing as perfection.

Edited by Scar

10 hours ago, Scar said:

How could she NOT be corrupted?

Maybe when you have all the power in the world, you don't seek the power to destroy it?

I actually don't know what motivates somepony to "be the leader", since it is a huge amount of work, pressure, and commitment. Maybe if she lost Twilight in an accident, and became all angry at the world because of it? Something big must happen for her to snap to the dark side.

If Celestia did turn into either one, I would guess that she would refuse to lower the sun, like Luna did, to make their crops burn, or be like Tirek and destroy Equestria.

• Brohoof 1

20 hours ago, Scar said:

Well my idea is, she was a villain all along and kept her populace in line by tying them to one destiny - a cutie mark or manipulated her populace into adoring her. Cutie marks tell an individual what to do and compel them to do certain tasks...what if Celestia created cutie marks? And someone finds out, and she releases her 'true colors'. 

No matter how much pure someone is, Celestia has had that power for a very very long time. How could she NOT be corrupted? I think it would have been a good lesson - the mentors you have, the elders you have in your life can be your worst night mare and there is NO such thing as perfection.

I don't know if the idea that she was a villain works with allowing Cadance and Twilight becoming what they were.

9 hours ago, Splashee® said:

Maybe when you have all the power in the world, you don't seek the power to destroy it?

I actually don't know what motivates somepony to "be the leader", since it is a huge amount of work, pressure, and commitment. Maybe if she lost Twilight in an accident, and became all angry at the world because of it? Something big must happen for her to snap to the dark side.

Well I believe she already was on the dark side, ruling with a good face in order to keep her rule going and to keep everyone in line. 

39 minutes ago, Metemponychosis said:

I don't know if the idea that she was a villain works with allowing Cadance and Twilight becoming what they were.

Not sure about that one. 

• 1 month later...

I genuinely want to write a fanfiction that is the inverse of the Nightmare Moon story, only have it be Celestia that falls instead of Luna. Luna fell to be NMM due to being neglected and feeling that she was not appreciated. Daybreaker makes it clear that her main thing is Celestia is so powerful she doesn't need anyone, so we could have it that Celestia becomes annoyed that she has to share anything with Luna in this alternate timeline and Luna must banish her to prevent Solar Flare from destroying everything. Have Twilight be the fallen student of Luna instead of Sunset Shimmer for Celestia (whcih would work really neatly for naming conventions).