Thoughts on Astrology and what's your star sign?

squareyes

What's your star sign?  

74 users have voted

1. 1. What's your Western Star sign?

• Aries
    • Taurus
    • Gemini
    • Cancer
    • Leo
    • Virgo
    • Libra
    • Scorpio
    • Sagittarius
    • Capricorn
    • Aquarius
    • Pisces
  2. 2. What's your Chinese Star sign?

• Rat
    • Ox
    • Tiger
    • Rabbit
    • Dragon
    • Snake
    • Horse
    • Goat
    • Monkey
    • Rooster
    • Dog
    • Pig

I do to an extent, I am Aquarius and alot of the things that are general about Aquarius star signs do apply to me. Yet I feel that they apply to me because I knew of them from a certain age and developed myself along the lines of them. I don't know my Chinese Starsign though, and this song is a must : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0G8XJNz4bY

img-2108349-1-yHmSUsO.png

Signature made by : Pinkmist :D

i believe in it to some extend. i mean, there is a base of thruth behind it. people born in the winter will be (very,very slightly) different from people who are born in the summer.

also, i have like no idea what my chinese star sign is so i just filled in horse because you know, MLP forum and all that :3

• Brohoof 1

My OC's: Roarke, Repsol and Crystal  

I doubt it. Not sure if i even match my own star sign traits (I'm Aries) and my chinese one is the Tiger. I also doubt the who compatablity thing between other star signs as well.

no_one_bucks_with_rainbow_dash_stamp_by_  

My OC's:  MalinterRahl, Vengeful impact & alias-the-marked-one

First fic i've written since forever here

"Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier." most legendary quote ever.

I am a Leo and a Pig respectively. 

I don't put much weight in astrology.  But the way most horoscopes are written, they're more like nuggets of good advice for almost any upcoming situation than a solid prediction. 

Still, every now and then, I'll get one that makes me laugh out loud.  Such as being told I'm going on a fun journey the day I was leaving for Bronycon!  biggrin.png

I always prefered chinese signs to astrological ones so I know very well how rats are described.  I'm a lot like one and there are no signs I would have prefered having.  I'm libra in the astrological one and I really don't how they're described so I won't take position on that.  I never really believed in them but I still like knowing them, a bit like I want to know my blood type for no reason.

For those who don't know about chinese signs, they work by cycles of 12 years.

Rat: 1984, 1996, 2008

Ox: 1985, 1997, 2009

Tiger: 1986, 1998, 2010

Rabbit: 1987, 1999, 2011

Dragon: 1988, 2000, 2012

Snake: 1989, 2001, 2013

Horse: 1990, 2002, 2014

Ram: 1991, 2003, 2015

Monkey: 1992, 2004, 2016

Rooster: 1993, 2005, 2017

Dog: 1994, 2006, 2018

Pig: 1995, 2007, 2019

That should cover every one.

INTJ

Introvert(56%)  iNtuitive(12%)  Thinking(75%)  Judging(1%)

• You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (56%)
  • You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)
  • You have distinctive preference of Thinking over Feeling (75%)
  • You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (1%)

I check my horoscopes daily usually and about 85% of the time they're accurate or relate to something in my life. Sometimes dead-on accurate. So I'm a believer for the most part. Regardless, Zodiacs always interested me.

I'm a Pisces/Pig

Pisces are gentle, kind, understanding, compassionate, intuitive (more than any other sign, posses a psychic ability to an extent), lazy, and go with the flow. The pretty much sums me up perfectly. Pisces are the 12th sign so they have qualities of all the other signs combined. :)

Pigs are caring, polite, and loyal. But can also be jealous and possessive. (me in a relationship)

Also, me. :)

I find astrology a very interesting topic of study and part of me says that the zodiacs are accurate while the other, more logical part of me says that it's pure coincidence. I'm Sagittarius by the way.

Edited by MagicalStarRain

R66Gz.gifClick this dragon hatchling to help it grow, please!

So yeah, another "What's your" thread, do you even believe in your date of birth determining what your personality is like? 

Or do you think astrology is a load of nonsense?

Write your thoughts below.

I don't believe in it, but I find the concept of it very interesting, and it provides kind of a sense of novelty, about our birth and personalities and fortunes.

RypA2vI.png

I don't believe in astrology. According to astronomy (much better than astrology to me), physics, information science and space exploration there is no causal connection between celestial object constellations inside the Solar System along it's neighbaring stars and events in the life of certain individuals on Earth.

And if it would work then how? Shall Tau Ceti and Epsilon Eridani send out brain-affecting FTL rays via wormholes and only when they and Sigma Draconis appear as 90° triangle on the Terran night sky an ancient fully-automated self-regenerating space ray-deployment machine on a Sigma Draconis planet will notice that to direct those space-rays to Earth were they can change the mood of people to cause more happiness resulting in more luck in partnerships and friendship?

Edited by Space Warrior
  • Brohoof 1

Alex, Alex! You're walking away from history! History! Did Chris Columbus say he wanted to stay home? No! What if the Wright Brothers thought that only birds should fly? And did Galoka think that the Yulus were too ugly to save? -- Centauri to Alex Rogan; "The Last Starfighter" (1984)

Im a Pisces and have the Tiger sign, which I dont fit too well xD

I dont believe this stuff but i find it very interesting.

I fit a pisces descripition too well xD Being emotional and worring too much about other people, and being imaginative and absent minded xD

But yeah I just find it interesting to learn about, but i dont believe in that stuff.

• Brohoof 1

img-9966-1-n53gwk.jpg

Signature: Akagami no Shirayuki-hime

What do you think of me?:

http://kevan.org/johari?name=pinkeh

My animal is the Rat. My sign is Gemini. 

I Google searched both "Zodiac Rat", and "Zodiac Gemini" so that I may learn about them and test their accuracy based on my personality, and such.

My animal (The Rat) pretty accurately describes me. I am a little reserved, hard to see through initially, am a bit of a perfectionist, and finally that I have a few close friends that I cherish. 

My sign (Gemini) also describes me well enough. According to what I read Geminis can change moods rather easily, and that they are always looking up new information/researching.

Interesting!

post-8308-0-79770000-1395439789.png

Credit for the signature goes to Kyoshi

I am a Rat and Sagittarius. I find astrology a bit interesting, though I don't know a lot about it or lie to go in depth. I just find it interesting cuz most of the time the descriptions actually do match people. Yet I wouldn't think celestial bodies in the sky and when you were born would affect you personality. Its just a neat little thing. The descriptions for Rat and Sagittarius both match me very well.

• Brohoof 1

Not sure what my animal is in this case but I *think* I am Sagittarius. Have not checked in a while. Astrology is...interesting, to say the least, but I do not think any of it has any real affect on anything. It seems like a neat little thing to look into and learn about though. I haven't done any kind of research on it in a long time so I think I should do that eventually, just be in the know about it more.

• Brohoof 1

KyoshiFrostWolfSIG1.jpg.b0b2e3d0d15e6abf25982983986dcba1.jpg

I am Sagittarius, and an Ox.

I don't really know what to think about these. They are interesting for historical stuff and stuff, but everything related to them is false. You are born here, you are dis. This logic doesn't work lol.

Of course, I think astrology is complete and total nonsense.

I don't even know what I am, to be honest. The month and day says I'm a Capricorn, but an astronomy teacher in high school told me that because of my year I am somehow a Sagittarius instead? Oh well, it's not true so it doesn't matter anyway. lol

• Brohoof 1

mlpwoodwinds.jpg
Everything needs more woodwind!

I'm a scorpio and a goat. I don't believe it at all. I think it's mostly coincidences coupled with confirmation bias. But  I still find my self looking at something dealing with horoscopes, not necessarily readings, once in a blue moon; it's a curiosity thing.

Though this topic reminds me of the panic that was going on among those that follow horoscopes, when the whole 13th zodiac sign news was getting headlines. News of the constellations shifting surfaces and suddenly everyone's worried they're not a Pisces anymore. Being a curious outsider, I thought it was a pretty crazy reaction. 

• Brohoof 2

For a forum dedicated to ponies, I find it interesting that there's a serious lack of hoofed animals.

Astrology, I probably take way more seriously than I ought. I think horoscopes, like the kind you read in a newspaper, are a bunch of BS. But at the same time, in order to get a proper horoscope done, you would need to do a natal chart, not just "what month were you born in." And while I realize on some level that it -is- a bunch of BS, I can't help but take it a bit more serious than that. In particular, compatibility is something that feels very real to me, and I feel like a lot of my relationships are explained with our respective signs. However, I do realize that for a lot of it, I think I may be falling subject to confirmation bias. So on the one hand, on some level, I realize that in all likelihood, the zodiac means nothing. But on the other hand, I can't help but put some stock into it. That's basically how I feel about it, I guess.

I'm a Pisces/Dragon. Something I find interesting: I was born 18 days late (Feb 29). Had I been born on the date I was due (Feb 11,) both my Eastern and Western signs would be different.

Edited by Clover Heart
  • Brohoof 1

maudpie_zpsh8n7erzx.png You're the most basic of jokes.

Taurus/Rabbit. Do I believe in it? No, not at all. While my full natal chart does provide a surprisingly accurate picture, the most likely explanation for that is random chance. Birth date might slightly influence your personality (being born in a certain year could change how you identify with current events), but the movement of the planets is unrelated to that. 

Still, I enjoy looking at astrology sites and such for entertainment. Cut it off from its roots, and you basically just have a personality type system with too many modifiers.

Not to mention that if you are born in the transition period between Aquarius and Capicron you are called an Aquaricorn. How awesome is that? Meanwhile I'm a Taurini and that just reminds me of pasta.

Edited by Lawful Stella
  • Brohoof 2

Latest Video: Come On: An Ode To Best Friendship

img-9947-1-i-TxbKrsG.png

"Says they don't like MMDW or Merriwether Williams: Inb4 Stellafera" - Sugar Cube

I don't have much of an opinion on it but my horoscope is generally right a majority of the time. I am a cancer on the Western Star sign and apparently, my Chinese Star sign is the Tiger...which is awesome, because Tigers are one of my favorite animals.

• Brohoof 1

DZf4iNK.png

matching setups with my bff pathfinder

Astrology was built under the pretense that the events of the world are directly correlated with what occurs among the stars. Now that we realize that this view is debunked through science, I therefore say that astrology is a complete fake. 

That being said, there are still lots of people who like to see into their futures in astrology. I'll let them be.

• Brohoof 1