Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Thoughts on Astrology and what's your star sign?

squareyes

What's your star sign?  

74 users have voted

1. 1. What's your Western Star sign?

• Aries
    • Taurus
    • Gemini
    • Cancer
    • Leo
    • Virgo
    • Libra
    • Scorpio
    • Sagittarius
    • Capricorn
    • Aquarius
    • Pisces
  2. 2. What's your Chinese Star sign?

• Rat
    • Ox
    • Tiger
    • Rabbit
    • Dragon
    • Snake
    • Horse
    • Goat
    • Monkey
    • Rooster
    • Dog
    • Pig

I was born in July, so I'm a Cancer the Crab. I looked up on a site about Cancer and a summary of what I got is basically: "You are ruled by the moon and you are also bipolar as shiz". Flattering. I also have a little bit of Leo because I was born on July 22nd, a cusp(last day of this sign).

Sagittarius

Frank, courageous and generous, the Sagittarius-born are one of a kind. Most of them are prone to remain in their own worlds, deeply involved in culture, intellectual and creative pursuits, travel and even self-praise. They love freedom, and tend to be self-dependent and are extremely confident. Some of these strong qualities, however, sometimes make them tactless, which hurts others. Frank as they are, they pride themselves for being able to speak the truth as it is. However, this attitude could hurt people, and lead to embarrassing situations. Others may also think of them as crude, boastful and unpredictable.

No i don't believe in it

Also, does anybody know their chinese zodiac?

Mine is Snake.

• 1 month later...

I was born on December 8th, 1996. My western star sign is Sagittarius, and my Chinese star sign is the Rat.

If this explanation for the Sagittarius sign is correct, this sounds pretty much exactly like me and my life minus the extroversion and the athleticism. 

If this explanation for the Rat is correct, it's pretty far off. Only a few things sound like me. For example, contrary to that article I'm introverted, frugal, and a hopeless romantic.

I don't really know what I think about astrology. It could be a scam, and it could have legitimate truth to it. My guess is that it's a mix of both. Regardless, I think it's fun and fascinating.

Astrology is silly. It will always fascinate me how much people buy into it. The only thing I sort of hate is when people judge each other based on their star sign. It really bugs me that people are thought of differently just because of the month they where born on. Something they cant control. (ahem.... anyone see a teeny, tiny, similarity to racism? Judging people on aspects they cant control and were born with) Horoscopes are dumb but I don't bash on people that read them.

So really, as long as people don't judge others based on what their birthday is and how its somehow connected to some star or whatever they believe in, its harmless. Its kinda like ancient Greek myths.

Edited by Lucid Dream

I think astrology is nonsense.  There is no plausible mechanism by which it could work.  The closest it could be to working is a self-fulfilling prophecy.  That if you believe it is true and everyone says your sign acts a certain way then maybe you will start acting that way.

• Brohoof 1

I'm a Sagittarius and a Horse.  If astrology were an accurate description of the universe, I should have predicted I would be a brony long before the show started.   :P

Really, there's no logical way that the stars influence our personality, they're way too far away to make any difference if they could.

• 4 years later...

I am Aquarius, although my Moon Sign is Leo. I find the Zodiac (Western Zodiac mostly) to be very accurate and am somewhat fascinated by it. 

My Chinese Zodiac sign is the Metal (or Gold) Snake. 

I don't remember how it's called but I do think your signs affect you just like names affect you. It's not really because of the stars alignment (though I do believe seasons affect you as well but not to the degree zodiacs claim to do), it's because of the predisposition to the known effects that it's supposed to have. Like a self fulfilling prophecy. Even if you don't directly believe it you will get subconciously  affected.

That said, I think it's fun. Even if not everything matches up and there's like a ton of ways to try to justify it, I just think it's neat to belong to a certain group just by being born into it. It can also be like a something to look up to and guide you to learn your strengths and weaknesses.

I'm Sagittarius/Ophiuchus in the western zodiac, Chinese tiger, and rabbit Aztec.