Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Microchipping humans "The mark of the beast"

SkyMame92

Revelation 13:16-18 16 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, 17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.18 This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man.[a] That number is 666. "

Honestly i would rather return to ignorance in Christianity than serving some greedy corporation.

• Brohoof 1

I dont see how it is any different than what we have now. The government already spies on us and in many ways controls our life. We are already under their thumb. 

And no, I dont believe in religious stuff such as the "mark of the beast". I would consider microchips the "mark of more bullshit from the USA". 

• Brohoof 1

I am against governments and to me there might be some benefits to this sure. To have your id your bank accounts etc all on there. Yet with this there would also be the ease of accessing such data. Let's be fair though the goverment already does this with phones I mean you know usually when they look for a missing person they track your phone. Often they go over banking and credit debit information also so it is not as if this data is somehow inaccessible. 

Truth is though most people don't think about this really, they rarely ever question. Hence why I'm sure eventually they'll do this. Regardless, I doubt you'd be given one with your knowledge besides few people know all processors have a backdoor a debug interface it is refered to as but regardless if people truly cared they'd start with leaving their smart phones at home. Yet will they haha you know they won't.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94

Of course it's the mark of the beast. Just like vaccines, cell phones, social security numbers, bar codes, credit cards, the internet, fiat currency, and every other fracking thing that ever had the "Mark of the Beast" label slapped on it as a way to de-legitimize it without having to provide an intelligent argument.

• Brohoof 3

Idk, but why would I want a microchip anyway? I do know that whatever the mark is, it'll be required to buy and/or sell, so I don't think we're at that point yet.

I think the mark is the name and/or number of the beast.

I'm neither for nor against technologies such as these. I'm sure they'll have their benefits for some groups of people, while having drawbacks for another. Same goes for just about anything out there.

The "Mark of the Beast" stuff is just ultra-religious nonsense; to me at least.

• Brohoof 4

Microchipping humans is very unlikely at the moment, due to technological concerns. As I understand it, the types of microchips used in pets have an expected service life of about 14-20 years, which is fine for domesticated pets like cats and dogs, but means failure rate becomes significant in longer-lived creatures such as humans (and many zoo animals). The removal of a failed chip can be stressful, depending on how long the chip has been in, where it was installed, and whatnot.

So at the moment, it's not really worth the effort. Especially since these chips have the same range and requirements as the chips on your credit cards, your workplace security badge, etc. (given those card chips are more exposed, their life-span is often more like 3-5 years, if you're lucky.) They can only be read within a foot or less, and all they 'contain' is an ID number as there's not really a lot of room on those things and there's no internal power source for it to track anything. The 'scanner' basically pulses a radio wave at it on the right frequency, which gives the chip enough power to bounce back the ID number. That ID number can be used to look up anything else in a database somewhere. You should be more concerned about that database and it's security model than the physical chips.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Pathfinder said:

The "Mark of the Beast" stuff is just ultra-religious nonsense; to me at least.

It’s not really “ultra-religious”.

If you believe the Bible is the word of God, then it Revelations carries the same weight as any other part of the book.

EDIT: Though there ARE people that prefer to cherry pick bits and pieces out of personal convenience.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 3

35 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

It’s not really “ultra-religious”.

If you believe the Bible is the word of God, then it Revelations carries the same weight as any other part of the book.

EDIT: Though there ARE people that prefer to cherry pick bits and pieces out of personal convenience.

I don't doubt that, tbh. I was largely brought up on that growing up and feel a tad fatigued by it anymore.

Apologies if I was too hard on that; a tad cynical on that stuff anympre.

7 minutes ago, Pathfinder said:

I don't doubt that, tbh. I was largely brought up on that growing up and feel a tad fatigued by it anymore.

Apologies if I was too hard on that; a tad cynical on that stuff anympre.

I understand. I know you’re not a vindictive person, buddy. Just pointing out a counter view.

*snuggles*

Whether it is or not I still want no part of it. For all I know this could be some kind of government trick to control us. And they've got some kind of remote somewhere where all they have to do is press a button and make it release cyanide into our bloodstream or something if we get out of line or do something that displeases them. I'm not exactly a conspiracy theorist but I've seen enough movies and TV to know where this shit is going...

• Brohoof 3

17 hours ago, They call me Loyalty said:

It is a shame the user got banned. I do enjoy this kind personality when it does not border on being offensive. It's back to the "Do you like the color green?" kind of threads then.

I mean, kind until you read his post history and see all of his bitching about LGBTQ+ ppl being "social manipulators" or whatever the hell.

• Brohoof 2

18 hours ago, They call me Loyalty said:

It is a shame the user got banned. I do enjoy this kind personality when it does not border on being offensive. It's back to the "Do you like the color green?" kind of threads then.

There are conversations I would be interested in having, but it is unclear to me whether or how I should approach certain topics in case it is considered to be too much resembling a debate section thread or post. Am hoping for its return.

• Brohoof 1