Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching MLP x WW2 OOC [searching]

Lucid_Nightlight

• 2 weeks later...

@Illiad Easle

Maybe it can be done from multiple perspectives if you're willing to play more than one character, would you feel comfortable with some scenes on the German front too to help with the WWII aesthetic? Good idea to ask since y'know, Germany and WWII can get a little sensitive. We don't have to do that, and we ESPECIALLY don't have to directly mention... that one real life villain.

@Lucid_Nightlight

While I know generally how events played out in the war I can't say I know many specifics about specific battles. I could run multiple characters, that's not too much of an issue.

It might be easier if we established what the inciting incident for conflict was in this story, sure there's a portal, but why is that important?

Here's an idea: One of the sides in Equis, starting to lose the war, searches for ways to turn the tide and creates the portal to one of the sides on the Earth conflict. While hesitant at first the now linked sides exchange resources to gain an advantage over the other in their respective wars.

Now the opposing side on Equis is taking heavy losses and discover intel on the portal, and make their own connecting them to the other side of the Earth conflict, offering the same deal to the other side for their help.

Where the story goes from there would be up to the RP but I think that would set up the world nicely and allow us to easily diverge from history.

@Illiad Easle

This'll be an alternate scenario where Chrysalis still runs half the changeling lands and Thorax runs the other half. Chrysalis attack the Thoraxian changelings, and the Equestrians enter the war, Storm King is allied with Chrysalis. This a few years after the Storm King's supposed death.

When the portal appears, Chrysalis discovers Germany and their powerful weapons, and uses this opportunity to join the Axis, Equestria creates a portal of their own, and joins the allies, as the two wars became one big war.

@Lucid_Nightlight

While a flip of the pairings would certainly be interesting, this arrangement does keep things simple. We could even place the portals in London and Berlin.

I think this could be a very interesting RP to take part in. I hope others are interested as well. It might help to add the information you've just provided to your first post.

On 1/7/2021 at 10:59 PM, Illiad Easle said:

@Lucid_Nightlight

While a flip of the pairings would certainly be interesting, this arrangement does keep things simple. We could even place the portals in London and Berlin.

I think this could be a very interesting RP to take part in. I hope others are interested as well. It might help to add the information you've just provided to your first post.

We could start and see if anyone else joins,  I'm thinking we could try a prologue to this first. On for the Germany side, we could have one of the generals come in and explain to you know who that a strange anomaly has been found.

For Britain, we can do something similar.

Meanwhile on the Equestria side of things, the war is in a stalemate, the two nations in an act of desperation open to a portal to a world they were studying, knowing that their weapons were powerful.

• Brohoof 1

@Lucid_Nightlight

A prologue is a good way to attract attention, but I do think it would be a little boring to RP, it may be simpler to lay out how their relationships were formed as a matter of fact, and start the RP in the thick of it.

A scene I was considering myself to be in, my character would be a unicorn strategist sent to Earth to "Maximize cohesion, minimize friendly casualties, and ensure full harmony is achieved among the units." Essentially he is supposed to make sure the equine troops and the human troops are working together in the best way possible.

If that is acceptable?