Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

sports Super Bowl LV (Chiefs vs. Buccaneers)

ZiggWheelsManning

Well ponies, the final stage is set:sunbutt:  The defending Super Bowl LIV champion Kansas City Chiefs will head to Tampa Bay to play the Buccaneers who have made history to be the first team to play the Super Bowl in their home stadium.  Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs are going to have a lot of trouble as the Buccaneers (who won Super Bowl XXXVII back in 2002) aim to win it all on their home turf led by the :umad:G.O.A.T. Tom Brady:mlp_smug:  

February 7th Sunday 6:40 p.m. EST on CBS

Who do you think is going to win?  

• Brohoof 1

When Brady played in Super Bowl XXXVI, this was what they looked like:

While Brady played in his first Super Bowl, Mahomes was just the six-year-old son of Pat Mahomes, Sr., a journeyman relief pitcher.

Today, Brady is both the oldest player in the NFL and second-oldest in all the Four Major Sports (about five months younger than Zdeno Chara of the Capitals). Mahomes has taken the NFL by storm and is now the best QB in the NFL, while Brady has shown he's still got it despite being 43 years old. Mahomes vs. Brady can be compared to this (w/o the scripted elements, of course):

This Super Bowl is a matchup between the greatest QB of all-time (and a six-time SB champion) vs. the kid and defending champion/SB MVP. Two years ago, Brady handed him his fifth career loss as well as his only postseason defeat to date. A contest between a legend that completely filled his résumé beyond two pages, another currently building a great career and eager to take the torch from the legend.

Brady's the GOAT, but I'm going with Mahomes avenging his loss and the Chiefs winning Super Bowl LV in front of the Buccaneers' hometown crowd.

Edited by Dark Qiviut

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Too bad, another defending Super Bowl champion, like the Seattle Seahawks, fell to Tom Brady, whose now the Ultimate G.O.A.T. of the World:sneer:  Bruce Arians' first Super Bowl win as a head coach.  How bad:oh_golly: did Patrick Mahomes, aka "Showtime", have it?  Not scoring a single touchdown and limited to :mlp_icwudt:3 field goals.  His offense dismantled, and getting hit by penalties.  Yeah, Mahomes got to experience what Peyton Manning went through:love: against the Seahawks back in Super Bowl XLVIII. 

The Chiefs deserved that delicious loss for, in the regular season, how they not only humiliated Brady's former team, the New England Patriots, but also his friend, Julian Edelman.  Chiefs got the better of Brady in the regular season:angry:  The Denver Broncos were stuck as their punching bag:scoots: for fifth straight year. The Baltimore Ravens and Miami Dolphins couldn't do anything to them:unamused:  

They also proved to be a pain in the butt:okiedokieloki: to Baker Mayfield's Cleveland Browns, yeah the very Browns who, without their head coach in the wild card game, mopped the floor with the Pittsburgh Steelers:mlp_yeehaa: in the latter's home turf.  The Browns were down to the wire, and almost beat a Chiefs team, without Mahomes, in the second half of that divisional playoff game.  They were roughened up by the Buffalo Bills in the AFC Championship Game.  Karma for denying a Super Bowl trip:ithastolookpretty: to the Browns and the Bills. 

:Pharynx:Speaking of losing to pirates, the Chiefs, early in the regular season, lost to another pirate team...

:fabulous:THE RAIDERS:fabulous:

Edited by ZiggWheelsManning
  • Brohoof 1

I’m disappointed for the Chiefs but the Buccaneers were the better team last night.  We can spend a week dissecting the 50 things that went wrong for KC.  Reid’s head wasn’t in the game.  Patrick’s toe wasn’t in the game. Their offensive and defensive lines were owned by the Bucs.  I still feel some way that a pass interference was called on KC for barely grazing the receiver’s butt.  Refs typically overlook worse than that.  But all the dumb penalties wouldn’t have changed the outcome.  

It’s not the worst possible thing.  Patrick is the best quarterback in the league today and he’ll be hoisting the Lombardi again very soon.  But you have to hand it to Brady and the Bucs.  I knew they’d make a deep playoff run but I wasn’t expecting them to win in their first year as a team.  Brady’s greatest attribute is his ability to elevate the players around him and that gives him the best chance of anyone to repeat as a champion since he last did it with the Patriots in ‘03-‘04.  

And I got a good laugh at the Rock and Hogan comparison.  

On 2021-02-08 at 8:25 PM, Califorum said:

I'm glad Tom Brady won.

Same here, It was good to see that he got this underdog team to victory. It's amazing how well this guy is that not only he was able to do it for his old team, New England, but also for the Buccaneers. That man is talented and well-good quarter back. Much respects. Even though not many are happy, I'm really glad the buccaneers won!

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, TBD said:

Same here, It was good to see that he got this underdog team to victory. It's amazing how well this guy is that not only he was able to do it for his old team, New England, but also for the Buccaneers. That man is talented and well-good quarter back. Much respects. Even though not many are happy, I'm really glad the buccaneers won!

I really wanted him to win this time because he was playing for a different team, he has now won Superbowls under 2 different teams. I hope he manages to win at least one more, maybe two but his age is getting to him. I have the utmost respect for him.

5 hours ago, Califorum said:

I really wanted him to win this time because he was playing for a different team, he has now won Superbowls under 2 different teams. I hope he manages to win at least one more, maybe two but his age is getting to him. I have the utmost respect for him.

Yeah same! I couldn’t still believe he actually bought this team to victory, that shows how good he is! I really hope he ends with a win too as a good way for retirement :proud: and haters can keep hating haha