Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Horseboy223

It'd be a game of serious eye to hoof/mouth coordination and balance.

I'm going to say that flight and magic can't be used. A pegasus could fly up to catch a ball at any height, so home runs wouldn't be possible. A unicorn could change the trajectory and speed of the ball, if not outright pull it into their glove or of pitching, around the hitter's bat. A particularly skilled unicorn could go so far as to teleport from base to base, all of which provides an unfair advantage. This could be balanced with rules for implementation, and if Earth ponies somehow had a power bonus into how hard they can hit the ball and run faster between the bases, bit it's simpler to keep everything grounded.

Ponies would use their mouths to hold and swing the bat, but balance on just their rear hooves or possibly forelimb as well. Running in the field is where it gets tricky.

8 hours ago, SharpWit said:

I'm going to say that flight and magic can't be used. A pegasus could fly up to catch a ball at any height, so home runs wouldn't be possible. A unicorn could change the trajectory and speed of the ball, if not outright pull it into their glove or of pitching, around the hitter's bat. A particularly skilled unicorn could go so far as to teleport from base to base, all of which provides an unfair advantage. This could be balanced with rules for implementation, and if Earth ponies somehow had a power bonus into how hard they can hit the ball and run faster between the bases, bit it's simpler to keep everything grounded.

Maybe it's like buckball, where each position is for a certain type of pony. I'd say that batter would be unicorn, earth ponies for catchers, and pegasi as pitchers.

hehe, say "pegasi pitchers pitching plenty of pitches" five times fast

• Leaves 1

1 hour ago, Comrade Friendship said:

Maybe it's like buckball, where each position is for a certain type of pony. I'd say that batter would be unicorn, earth ponies for catchers, and pegasi as pitchers.

hehe, say "pegasi pitchers pitching plenty of pitches" five times fast

Yeah, and speaking of buckball, Imagine if a pitcher throws the ball and then break somepony's teeth out?

• 1 month later...