Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How open are you about ponies?

Tiaaaaa

I'm fairly open about it. I have a few shirts and I wear the Bronies united wrist band everyday. I've tried converting my friends to the herd, but they all just think it's stupid or not for them.

Not open about it at all...

My dad would look at me very weird and don't get me even started about the one friend I told about the "Herd" -_-

What Brian said, I don't let anyone know about it.

I always look behind me to see if anyone is watching over my shoulder.

And when someone is near, I have to exit out of this website quick. :/

I'm pretty darn open with it. I couldn't care less if other people knew I watched the show. I've mentioned it on Facebook and IRL, so its no big secret. In fact, 4 of my friends are bronies. My family knows and I've even shown my sister half an episode, but for the most part they don't care, as long as I take the time to distinguish it from the old MLP.

Now, whether or not I'm willing to admit that I joined a forum dedicated to the show, read fanfiction, and have watched the first season at least 4 times is another story...

Edited by Pony Joe

I'm open about it. It helps that my roomie/best friend is also a brony. In fact, I'm considering having a pony marathon for all the bronies on-campus. But that's another story. ^^

I'm also open about it with my family. My mom is embarassed that I watch ponies, but only because she doesn't realize how much the show has changed. I'm trying to convince her to watch it (she loves animation, and this show is her style of humor), but she's still apprehensive. Although when I told her about Doctor Whooves, she seemed interested. She's a BIG fan of Doctor Who.

My younger nieces watch it with me, and it's our bonding time. The youngest girl thinks Applejack and Rainbow Dash are boys, and she absolutely loves Big Mac. And one day we sat there and started assigning ponies to everyone. I ended up being Fluttershy. ^^ My older nieces, though...the second-oldest is neutral on my bronydom, and the oldest thinks its stupid. But she's at that age where EVERYTHING is stupid, so that doesn't count.

Long story short, yes. I've no problem flaunting my bronyness.

I'm selectively open about the whole thing; I occasionally show a PMV or two to my buddies at work from time to time (who, despite not being interested in the show, love the mashups, and are looking forward to giving Fighting is Magic a try), and most of my friends know that I'm a bit of a pony nut... I don't really make a point of advertising to the world that I'm into the show though.

Edited by Zoop

I'm completely open about it. My friends know, as do my family. Most of them don't get it, but it doesn't really bother them, either. My housemate, though, is kinda pony-hostile and has questioned my sexuality since I started watching - I just tell him my sexuality is "Faaa-bulous!" He does not enquire further.

I've not bought any shirts, although there are a few I'm thinking about. I have Rarity and Fluttershy on my desk at home, and Rarity again on top of my computer at work. I have several dozen pony wallpapers that my desktop and my phone both cycle through. I seem to have converted one of my friends to bronydom so far.

I'm open about it. It helps that my roomie/best friend is also a brony. In fact, I'm considering having a pony marathon for all the bronies on-campus. But that's another story. ^^

I'm also open about it with my family. My mom is embarassed that I watch ponies, but only because she doesn't realize how much the show has changed. I'm trying to convince her to watch it (she loves animation, and this show is her style of humor), but she's still apprehensive. Although when I told her about Doctor Whooves, she seemed interested. She's a BIG fan of Doctor Who.

My younger nieces watch it with me, and it's our bonding time. The youngest girl thinks Applejack and Rainbow Dash are boys, and she absolutely loves Big Mac. And one day we sat there and started assigning ponies to everyone. I ended up being Fluttershy. ^^ My older nieces, though...the second-oldest is neutral on my bronydom, and the oldest thinks its stupid. But she's at that age where EVERYTHING is stupid, so that doesn't count.

Long story short, yes. I've no problem flaunting my bronyness.

I have looked the entire time I've been in campus. I've talked about the show, wore the shirts, and I even have the Bronies United bracelet, and still no fellow bronies! I swear, I'm the only brony at Mizzou.

I really wish I could be more open, the problem is I cant really wear a brony t shirt out (I am kind of a snob in the way I dress, button ups, and chinos all the way!) which would surely allow me to attract a bronies attention. I am too embarrassed to tell my buddies, and theres like no way I could go to a store and buy the toys. Yet I am a huge fan and have seen every episode like 10 times.

When i mustered up the courage to tell my mates, they all just assumed I was joking and didn't take it seriously, so in a way I guess I tried to be open and ultimately failed...oh well :lol:

I'm absolutely open about it. I'm prolly too old for this, haha. I totally got my brother hooked on the show too. ;)

It's prolly harder to be open about being a fan of the show if you're a guy and you're older.

It's prolly harder to be open about being a fan of the show if you're a guy and you're older.

Haha, I'm 35 and my friends know I love the ponies, my family knows, even some of my workmates know. I have a brushable Rarity toy on top of my computer at work and pony wallpapers on all my computers. I believe age is irrelevant.

• Brohoof 2

Haha, I'm 35 and my friends know I love the ponies, my family knows, even some of my workmates know. I have a brushable Rarity toy on top of my computer at work and pony wallpapers on all my computers. I believe age is irrelevant.

Hahaha, you're my hero for this. =)

• Brohoof 1

No one IRL knows about my bronyhood. It's strictly an internet thing.

I do have the pocket rainbow dash app for my android phone, but that's it really (unless I can find a decent quality pony plushie for less than £40)

I have looked the entire time I've been in campus. I've talked about the show, wore the shirts, and I even have the Bronies United bracelet, and still no fellow bronies! I swear, I'm the only brony at Mizzou.

I've tried to organize brony meetups at my campus and they've mostly ended in failure. Even the people I know who are really into the show don't seem too keen on showing up to marathons and what-not. That's part of why I figured most people keep it hush-hush or at least don't advertise it much. Good to see I'm not the only one who feels alright walking around with pony shirts and toys, though.