Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How many browser tabs do you (usually) have open?

Kaneki

Usually just one, though sometimes if a page has several links I'm interested in (YouTube homepage with a few interesting videos, these forums with several topics I wanna post in...) then I may open up to 4 "alternate" tabs at a time.

• Brohoof 1

I can only have one-two open before it starts to feel weird to me. It kind of stresses me out to have more open, even though there isn't really a reason.

Edited by luftschloss

• 1 month later...

I usually only have 2 or 3 at most. Most of the time those tabs are here, Youtube, and some other place. On my old account, I used to have Chrome and Internet Explorer open at the same time, because I had problems logging in, and I was automatically logged in on IE.

2-6 or so, depending what's going on. If researching something then more. I also keep open tabs as a reminder to do things (pay bills, bank, calls I need to make, etc)

• Brohoof 1

• 10 months later...

I used to be a huge multi-tasker. Even on 4gb of ram on my surface pro, I would have a ton of tabs. But now I'm hanging with 10gb of ram on my desktop, but usually have at least 10 tabs. The rest of my memory is used for games, photoshop, illustrator, spotify, discord, and sony vegas pro.

• Brohoof 1

The exact amount varies but I always have particular groups of tabs open. In order:

Email > RSS feed > various webcomics > My Anime List > True Trophies > trophy guides and walkthroughs for any games I'm playing > tabs I only open long enough to use and then close like MLPForums and Youtube.

Some of these can be anywhere from one to six tabs open at any given time. Right now I have twelve tabs, including MLPForums.

I currently have 160 tabs open; some of them have been open for over a year now (though more specifically, I restore all tabs after whenever the browser closes). The reason being that I keep telling myself that I will eventually spend time looking through those pages then close them after I finished going through them. I could simply close them, but I would prefer to have more RAM (I currently have 16GB on this laptop but have not yet checked if upgrade is a possible option). Because of this, I find myself being frustrated at the poor performance I get from playing games when most of that poor performance is due to the memory usage from those 160 tabs.

Edit: I have just reduced it to 118 tabs.

Edited by Luna the Great of all the Russias
  • Party! 1