Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How many browser tabs do you (usually) have open?

Kaneki

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
(edited)

Well then I must be a cyborg, because the numbers often reach 500 :umad: My absolute record so far is 575 tabs from last year until I started a new session :crackle:

But I use an extension for tab management, so I can flush them into a file as a list of URLs and reload the entire session later.

Why that many?

Because I often do research, and I open every single page that I can find on a particular subject, and then I go through all of them, closing the chaff and leaving only the good ones. Then I start reading them. And I often have to jump between them to connect all the dots that are scattered here and there.

I also do programming, so I often need to have a lot of documentation pages opened and navigate through them while coding.

Organization is the key :twi:  I often reorder the tabs, group them together by subjects so that related stuff is next to each other, etc.
And after ordering them, I save the session and dump all the URLs to a file, so that I could organize them further there, with headings, tags & stuff.

Although I must admit that, even with browser extensions and my own organization skills, web browsers these days aren't very well suited for such workflow as mine, and there's still a lot of room for improvement :dash: One of them being memory usage, obviously. (Even though I compress memory and call the garbage collector pretty often, my 12 GB of RAM is still filled to the brim most of the time :yeahno:  Welp, at least I make a good use of it, i guess… :adorkable:)

Edited by SasQ

On my phone right now, I have 8 tabs open, and considering that I may return to those tabs at anytime, I’d like to have them open, just so that I don’t have to go through the hassle of trying to return to the same page that the tab was on previously.

• Brohoof 1

20 or 30 on pc I think. Have to go through a ton of material when i'm working and going through pages one by one is not my thing. A bit of chaos in life makes it a lot more fun)

Also have a terrible habit of opening 50 or something pages with wikipedia articles, fanfics and others stuff so i can read it later. Just end up closing most of this stuff after a few weeks.

• Brohoof 1