Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How many browser tabs do you (usually) have open?

Kaneki

15 hours ago, Partialgeek514 said:

Hmm. I'm not sure if I want to divulge such large numbers to the public... :mlp_lie:

Anywhere between 118 to 160?

22 hours ago, Bas said:

1800-2100.

As a result, Firefox often takes up to 4 GB RAM and I can't play any decently recently released game.

You asked.

How is that possible? In my case, Chrome uses about 5GB to have about 118 tabs open.

• Brohoof 1

On average, I usually have about 2-4 tabs in one window, although having 5-7 is not uncommon.

I hate seeing a window that has so many tabs that you can’t even read the first word of the web page title. Gives me a head-ache. :P 

• Brohoof 1

Usually 2-3 depending. I almost always have YouTube open because I follow a bunch of YT'ers religiously lol, but I also listen to music on my laptop through it too while I'm working. The other tab is sometimes for drawing references if I get stuck on something anatomically or if I need to see examples of colour palette/shadows, etc. Right now though, one constant one has been tabbed for my gift list for my friends who celebrate Christmas. My best friend is a Gears of War fan, so I'm keeping an eye on a few Marcus Fenix things right now.

Hmmm... It depends on what i'm doing. If i'm on my PC, i'll probably have three-four tabs open. If i'm on my tablet, I may have one or two open.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Way too many. A lot of tasks and reminders I need to get done.

Oof, honestly dislike the fact of being so connected to one sole thing for all our tasks. Like.... maybe move around a little?

• Leaves 1

I removed the habit by having the browser auto-clear history every time it closes and not save tabs. If there is something I still would want to look at I bookmark it.

Now... I have a lot of bookmarks. At least it is easier to scroll through the bookmarks manager and use folders instead of looking at the tiny tab previews.

6 is a maximum for me. The reason is, I need to have my workplace clean and organized and multiple tabs do get in a way a lot. Besides too many tabs can also significantly slow down a computer which is something I really would like to avoid :please: