Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How open are you about ponies?

Tiaaaaa

Considering the fact I post it on my Facebook whenever a new episode comes on, or when I get weekend leave and wear my Rainbow Dash shirt into Atlanta... I'd say I'm pretty open about my love of MLP

I love being a brony and I'm proud of it, but I keep it on the low in some places to avoid unnecessary nonsense.

I'm loud as ever on Twitter when it comes to MLP. I tried to get #MyLittlePony trending when Foal Papers announced they wanted to try for it. Apparently Justin Bieber fans have more steam than bronies...

Are people socially maimed upon admitting it? Because I've experienced no problems talking about it where I live

That said, I am open to the subject - I just don't actively bring it up at random times.

• Brohoof 1

I'm pretty sure none of my friends are forum dwellers so they definitely don't watch MLP. Which sucks. Do you know what it feels like to not be able to discuss Fluttershy's cuteness to real-life people?! It's torture. I keep my brony-dom locked away in my poor ol' heart.

• Brohoof 2

I've been completely open about it to my friends - if they asked me what I've been up to and the answer was watching an episode of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, then I'll tell them so.

This was true even back when I first became a fledgling brony in April - I told my Mom and she groaned, telling me that she was thankful I disliked MLP back in the 90s and couldn't understand why, at 19 (now 20), I would be getting into it. I showed her the animation and gave a spiel about how the writing was solid, characters had distinct personalities, and the creators of the show loved to throw in easter eggs for their fans, and she stopped judging. Haven't told her about it since, though she did happen to laugh when I visited my best friend in Nova Scotia and one of the first things we did together was buy some of the Mane 6 from Walmart and Toys R Us.

Speaking of my best friend, when I told her over webcam she was incredulous, jokingly telling me that she'd disown me as a friend for watching it. I made her sit down with me and watch a few episodes when I flew over, and she got hooked. She's now a full fledged brony and eagerly anticipates the new episodes on Saturdays just as much as I do. It's fun to have discussions with her after each episode airs.

The Smash Bros. Club at the University of Victoria is pretty much a closet MLP:FiM club in disguise - nearly everyone watches and references it when we meet on Wednesdays. A few of them have bought the shirts from WeLoveFine - it's pretty awesome to know people who like it in real life. Anyone I've mentioned it to either knows of the bronies or is a closet brony themselves. You really get to know someone when you talk about ponies. :)

• Brohoof 3

I would love nothing more than to tell everyone at school that I'm a brony, but since boys my age are immature, they see My Little Pony as "gay" and consider anyone that watches it "gay". I know of another brony at my school, but it's a girl, so everyone thinks that's fine. Dang sexism...

I don't care if anypony knows. I tell everypony! (I don't randomly tell them though, but if it comes up in a conversation there';s no fear here!) I am very open about it and am not afraid to say why it is so awesome. A lot of my good friends still think it's stupid, and a few have just learned to accept it, but most of them have become bronies because of my influence! To this day, I have turned 6 ponies into bronies! Now, this may not seem like that big of a deal, but I'm still in highschool, so judgeing others is a must, but if you can't express what you love... (I don't have a good saying for this) you um... suck.

So, in conclusion, I am very open about ponies. /End rant/

I'm as open as possible without walking up to people, stopping them and saying to them: "Hey. I like My Little Pony... No, not that my little pony. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic"

I really don't care what people think about me :P

I should be getting my first piece of Pony merch soon so I expect a whole lot more people to know :D

I told my cousin, and a few friends, but I havn't told my family yet. I have thought about buying some pony shirts, but due to my finantial situation right now, I can't afford too many luxuries. I do however have pony fanart as my screensaver.

I'm open enough to not be ashamed of it even when someone tells me I should be, being a 20 year old male, but I don't go into every topic on a forum and say "GO WATCH MY LITTLE PONY" or anything like that.

Though I've been trying to get a couple people to watch it. One absolutely refuses, for no particular reason, the other says only if I watch it with her.

I'm absolutely open about my brony...ness

Being basically the ringleader of a herd of bronies at my job, I'd have to be open if I wanted more to join us, but I'm not the type that just focuses on getting more people.

I do occasionally wear a Brony/20% Cooler shirt under my work shirt for when I'm on break though XD

i have never actually told anyone, but if someone asked if I ever watched it i wouldn't lie, hopefully i can find someone else in real life who likes the show so I can be more open about it.

Edited by superponylinux