Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How open are you about ponies?

Tiaaaaa

Heh, I'm not open at all, really. Nobody in my family knows, none of my friends know. I think they might find me a little strange for watching the show. Sure, maybe not, but since the show doesn't air where I live if I said 'My Little Pony!' they'd most likely instantly think of it as a show for a three-year-old girl, even if I explained. Especially at school. Even though I'm a girl, it probably wouldn't make much difference. I'm not usually the type of person to like things like this, so it would be really weird to everyone, haha.

I might tell someday, if I ever find another fan, but for the time being, I'm more comfortable keeping my mouth shut.

I think i'm gonna take me and my pony episodes underground for a while. My brother who is 6 years younger than I am was told that he wasn't allowed to play with My Little Pony toys (and the toys were just there and he wasn't using them in the first place ._____.).

Imagine how my mom would react if she knew I was planning on buying ponies for myself. That and hearing how those parents threw their 15 year old son out of the house because he had ponies on his computer is pretty messed up.

My mom already wants me out of the house, her finding ponies would only speed up the process :(

I think i'm gonna take me and my pony episodes underground for a while. My brother who is 6 years younger than I am was told that he wasn't allowed to play with My Little Pony toys (and the toys were just there and he wasn't using them in the first place ._____.).

Imagine how my mom would react if she knew I was planning on buying ponies for myself. That and hearing how those parents threw their 15 year old son out of the house because he had ponies on his computer is pretty messed up.

My mom already wants me out of the house, her finding ponies would only speed up the process :(

Oh wow ._. haters gonna hate. It's even worse when it's your own parents ._.

-If i was anywhere near you, you'd be more than welcome to stay at my place ;p

Oh wow ._. haters gonna hate. It's even worse when it's your own parents ._. -If i was anywhere near you, you'd be more than welcome to stay at my place ;p

thanks ;)

I delete my browsing history just so my parents don't see I'm hanging out on MLP forums. And they would completely lose it if they saw my avatar and signature >.>

I add websites to my favorites just to bury my favorite pony sites :(

It's a terrible thing I need to hide the fact I watch a cartoon from my parents.

thanks ;)

I delete my browsing history just so my parents don't see I'm hanging out on MLP forums. And they would completely lose it if they saw my avatar and signature >.>

I add websites to my favorites just to bury my favorite pony sites :(

It's a terrible thing I need to hide the fact I watch a cartoon from my parents.

What a shame... Parents shouldn't be all like hysterical about it, just because we like a tv show.

It's our choise, actually everything we do in this world is our choise, and as parents they should

be supporting the choises we take.

I just downloaded 7 MLP episodes onto my mom's laptop, it's a pretty big risk but she never uses her laptop anyway.

I hate having to hide my love for ponies :(

She can hate them as much as she want to. But she can never remove the love

of ponies from you ! That's completely your own decision. And you shouldn't be forced

to stop watching something you like :)

• Brohoof 1

I told my mom a couple of weeks ago. She was skeptical, yet accepting. She is probably thinking it is like the old bad 80's shows. I already told by cousin. He thinks ponies are just another internet fad.

Edited by Slendermane

I told my mom a couple of weeks ago. She was skeptical, yet accepting. She is probably thinking it is like the old bad 80's shows. I already told by cousin. He thinks ponies are just another internet fad.

oh god, the last thing I would want my mom to think is that I'm watching the old 80s version ;)
  • Brohoof 1

I haven't told anyone that i like it, due to all of my friends hating it. I once heard one of my friends making a joke about someone watching it, and everyone just started pecking on him, so i'm most likely not going to tell them either. As for my parents, i'm not entierly sure how they would react. So i'm keeping that to myself, but if my parents find out, i don't think it would be too much of a deal.

I haven't told anyone that i like it, due to all of my friends hating it. I once heard one of my friends making a joke about someone watching it, and everyone just started pecking on him, so i'm most likely not going to tell them either. As for my parents, i'm not entierly sure how they would react. So i'm keeping that to myself, but if my parents find out, i don't think it would be too much of a deal.

(My post was supposed to be here... haha xD)

Oh man... I really hate when people make jokes about something you like.

I know exactly how it feels...

(My post was supposed to be here... haha xD)

Oh man... I really hate when people make jokes about something you like.

I know exactly how it feels...

That's what i thought, hehe. And it's really a pain not being able to talk about what you want with your friends :'(

That's what i thought, hehe. And it's really a pain not being able to talk about what you want with your friends :'(

Indeed. Even though i do have friends who's doing the same stuff as i (such as melbourne shuffle)

i don't see them very much, 'nor do i talk to them very much.

Indeed. Even though i do have friends who's doing the same stuff as i (such as melbourne shuffle) i don't see them very much, 'nor do i talk to them very much.

I walk home with two friends, and one of thhem is a brony. The other guy is sad when we talk about ponies.
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah, sometimes he turns around as is like,

"Will you two PLEASE stop talking about ponies?"

Haha :P

-Well, you claim to be the overlord so why don't you use your overlord powers

and make him into a brony ? xD

I am also 100% open. Pretty much everyone that I know, know that I watch it, a lot of my friends watch it, (and some refuse to do so.) I wear t shirts with ponies sometimes and when people ask me my favorite tv show, I won't hesitate to say "my little pony: friendship is magic" some people either don't care or completely support it. Others are completely against me liking it, and others think I'm just joking! ^^ My dad doesn't really care, but my mom COMPLETELY disapproves, but I don't really care what anybody thinks. As for my friends, If you can't talk to your friends about anything without fearing judgement or rejection, they're not exactly a "real" friend now are they? (come on guys we watch a show ABOUT friendship!!!) I don't really care for people who crack jokes about it, I just ignore it! HOWEVER, there is a guy I know who told me that whenever i'm around him forget about ponies completely! Those people make me mad because, well you can only hate something so much right? Sometimes I randomly bring up ponies when i'm talking to my friends and there is a hater around (just because I can!) But, i'm getting a little off topic, but bottom line, i'm 100% open about being a pony fan, and I don't care what anybody thinks and at the end of the day, we are just a bunch of people who like a TV show and have a common interest!

Edited by Rainkyou

I'm very open about my liking Ponies. When I'm waiting between classes at my college Rec Room, people often see me browsing this very forum or watching an episode of MLP. (Especially Winter Wrap Up; I watch the musical number on that one all the time.)

I'm also slowly bringing all of my friends into the herd... Slowly, but effectively. :P

I only bring up ponys in, or to create akward moments, which is kinda my favourite thing about MLP. When ever you talk about it ppl are like wtf. Luckily I have good friends who seem to understand *WTFTHERSANANTONMYSCRENE!* That was wierd... an ant literaly came walking over my computer screen, not a picture, a real live ant!

Where was I? yes... My friends seem to be tolerant enough, they dont hate me for being a brony. Probably becuse I made wierdness part of my image before I started waching MLP, wich was actualy only a month ago or so.

As for my parents, not gonna tell them. That would be scary! *oh, my left arm is twiching, i wonder what that means* Maby my left arm wants me to tell my parents, maby the oposite. Anyway, thats not gonna happen. Their not realy in to doing stuf that might be imbarassing. But they'll probably notice I like MLP them selves, since I dressed up as Rainbow Dash for haloeen this year, and now my desktop background is Derpy with a muffin canon...

Im makeing it pretty obvious.

I'm so open, it caused my friends to be curious, and so I showed them episode 1. "What was that? That was stupid." Then I walked in later, and they were already up to episode 5 or something. xD

You are truly lucky my friend. Wish my friends would like that show too. Looks like I'll have to tell a story :D. When I showed them a video about MLP at KYM (Know your meme) they all said they hated it. So, I woun't tell them that I like MLP.

And about my family, lets just say that I don't want to be kicked out from my home like one guy I red about. He got kicked when he forgot to log off his commputer before going to school and his mom found pictures of MLP. When he got home, his mom went into ALLCAPSRAGE, and kicked him from his home for a full month(or so I Understood). Eventualy, he stayed at his friends house.

Edit: I'm thinking of keeping it a seacret, or when I find another MLP fan in RL.

Edited by ShoeShy