Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if Sunny has alicorn regret?

FearTheBelle

In the event that Sunny's transformation at the end of the movie is permanent, how would you feel about an episode where the massive change (Earth Pony to Alicorn is the biggest possible for a pony) makes her feel uneasy or depressed and she tries to change herself back into the Earth Pony she feels she is in her heart? Such a big change would have to be very weird at first, and Sunny's dream was never to be magical or fly herself, it was to have friends that could. Also, a big reason she fought so hard to get Maretime Bay on board is that she thought it would be good for Earth Ponies, and she seemed happy enough as one. 

She could either succeed in reverting to Earth Pony form or fail, but I think it could be a neat idea to play with, especially in dealing with all the prestige and responsibility as a leader that are more or less inherent to being an Alicorn. What do you think?

• Brohoof 2

I doubt it. Sunny is probably crazy excited. But I don’t think she appreciate it if people started treating her differently.

And no, Earth Pony to Alicorn isn’t the biggest shift. Alicorns have the traits of all the races.

If you were a unicorn, you get flight and super strength.

If you were a Pegasus, you get super strength and magic.

Sunny gets flight and magic.

It would be drastic for anyone.

• Brohoof 2

Sunny seemed excited in the movie. Also, why would having options (the ability to fly and to do magic) would somehow be worse than not having them? If being an alicorn came with disadvantages (maybe the wings need constant care or something), then I could see how she may not be completely happy with it.

However, normally, if, in the show, Sunny said "I don't want to be able to fly or do magic anymore, how can I revert back to being an Earth pony", then I would start doubting her intelligence and she would be off my possible favorites list. 

4 hours ago, FearTheBelle said:

especially in dealing with all the prestige and responsibility as a leader that are more or less inherent to being an Alicorn.

She would be considered a hero anyway and being an alicorn does not mean she has to become a leader if she does not want to. Just like in G4, Twilight could have just refused to take over. You cannot keep someone, who does not want it, in a leadership position.

• Brohoof 1

If she is a permanent alicorn (which I hope she isn't) I could see there being negative side effects to that. Realistically, most of the ponies she knew would look at her and treat her differently. Some may feel intimidated by her power and status, and others may see themselves as less special and unworthy to be friends with her. That could definitely have an affect on her. Plus, there is also the chance that all that power and fame gets to her head, causing her to look down upon others. The way I see it, there are definitely some negative aspect to her becoming an alicorn which could cause her, along with others, to regret it.

There are no emotional baggage, like being forced to rule a nation, so I doubt it. Pegasi have a queen, Unicorns are tribal, and Earth ponies live near a factory.

I don’t think it was permeant. It looked like the wings and horn  were hologram type deals. Nothing liked solid. It might just be a power up thing. So unless they make it permeant. I don’t think she’ll mind it much. Which god I hope they don’t make it permeant.  

Edited by Larksy

1 hour ago, Landi said:

If she is a permanent alicorn (which I hope she isn't) I could see there being negative side effects to that. Realistically, most of the ponies she knew would look at her and treat her differently. Some may feel intimidated by her power and status, and others may see themselves as less special and unworthy to be friends with her. That could definitely have an affect on her. Plus, there is also the chance that all that power and fame gets to her head, causing her to look down upon others. The way I see it, there are definitely some negative aspect to her becoming an alicorn which could cause her, along with others, to regret it.

THIS! 100% THIS!!!

• Brohoof 1