Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is something you completely regret doing?

Gone Airbourne

For me one day of last week, I was not feeling particularly well mood wise. Had a lot of stuff going through my mind, can't really remember what day it was. During my lunch break I drank about 5 hard ciders and got pretty screwed up while at work...

No one really noticed as I didn't really talk to many people that day but felt nauseated and really dizzy throughout the day. But I look back and realized just how stupid and regetful I felt afterwards. Not something I plan on doing ever again that's for sure.

Has there ever been something you have done that you look back and ask yourself why did you ever do that?

• Brohoof 2

I regret the way I treat my siblings sometimes. They're just kids so they don't know any better but, they seem to get me angry a lot and I say things I don't mean. But, I still love them.

• Brohoof 4

Oh, I have one! Joining a meetup group for people with Aspergers since I have Aspergers. Why? Because all they did for the most part was go to restaurants and talked about stuff I couldn't understand, relate, or connect too. I've wasted my money (mostly the one I got from from high school graduation) on restaurants because I only cared about trying to connect with them, which I failed to do. Also, they were too old for me and I had to take BART from El Cerrito to Dublin or Pleasanton, take the bus at times, and then walk to get to the meetup. In conclusion, it was a waste of time and money. Nowadays, I'm focusing on common interests to establish connections, which is why I joined this forum.

• Brohoof 1

I regret a lot of things. Actually most things I do I regret. Considering you asked....

I regret:
Reading cupcakes

Watching rainbow factory

letting my brother introduce me to adult images when I was young

Not getting into MLP when it came out, waiting until later

spending all my money and getting good at doing so

not following the religion my parents raised me in ( a BIG regret, its a lot harder to change after-the-fact)

Being a procrastinator

getting addicted to videogames

letting my brother get into ecstacy and other hard drugs before it was too late

Not punching my ex stepfather in the face when he assaulted me (Like, dropkicked, not sexual)

Not contacting my deadbeat biological father sooner and got all the back support he owed causing my family to grow up poor cause he abandoned us when I was young

Letting myself become depressed and putting off going to get help

Failing to "leave the nest" properly, running out of money and having to move back home cause i CANT FUCKING CONTROL HOW I SPEND MY MONEY

hating my siblings growing up

Not going to college sooner

pursuing my dreams which got me nowhere

Letting my girlfriend give me a handjob. Decimated our relationship, we'd gone 3 years and were waiting for marriage to do that kinda stuff.

Throwing away perfect job opportunities because I felt they were below me

Did I mention being worthless when it comes to money budgetting?

better stop now before I spill too much personal drama noone else cares to hear. Sorry, thinking of regrets really gets me thinking :(

How are you feeling right now? Answering your question though, I can't really think of anything I regret doing in the past right now. But I will think about this question and hopefully come up with answers.

After last week and looking back now well glad nothing bad happened. Getting wasted at work is *never* a good idea no matter how you are feeling you know nothing excuses that. I was looking for an outlet at the wrong time and more than likely was not caring about anything that day. Been doing better this week but I surely learned a lesson from that day though I will say that much.

I should have broken up with my boyfriend (now ex) when I had the chance.

...He ended up assaulting me.

I am so truly sorry to hear something like that happened to you ... :(

• Brohoof 1

I guess the worst time for the moment was when I almost destroyed my entire elementary school life a lot of chaos went down for a bit and even though I left it I'm still seeing it even if it was not by me. Or the time I fell off the roof (don't worry I'm ok in fact I never woke up when I fell)

I regret a lot of personal family matters. But... That's a bit too personal to share.

One thing I very much regret doing was being an overdramatic prick and losing my best friends in middle school. Though... Really, we all overreacted. Unfortunately, we were all too young and stupid to really go back and discuss it and make up.

• Brohoof 1

In real life: Getting ridiculously angry and distressed over so many small things, even over losing at video games... :blush:

On the internet: On another forum two years ago, I deliberately tried to start a fight with a guy who had been irritating me for a while after he started voicing about how he didn't like MLP:FiM. Possibly the most immature thing I ever did in my e-life and it still haunts me today...

A lot of them are game related, but:

I regret not buying Starfox(SNES) when Gamestop was still selling SNES games when I had the chance, and this was relatively cheap(about $3-4), I skipped out. Now I can't find it without it being absurdly expensive

Same thing happened with Skies of Arcadia Legends and Eternal Darkness

I regret turning my back against one of my friends when they were going through a whole galore of problems and a traumatizing event. At the time I didn't know, but I should've since it was obvious.

Edited by Colour

Joining this fandom........ XD Just joking on this one (Though I have wasted hundreds of dollars on pony merchandise.)

Um, I guess getting addicted to video games at a young age, letting my brother become an alcoholic and drug addict when he was my age (16), not being able to handle money very well, and some other personal crap I'd rather not go into in public...

• Brohoof 1

My Ex. No, I have a good reason to regret this one. I have had a few Ex's that I do not really regret, but...this one..

I knew this guy in High school that was friend's with some of my friends. He was kind of a BIG loser. He rarely showered, was lazy, all he did was play World of Warcraft as if it was a real life thing (I have nothing against the game, its a cool game). He did not have the best hygiene. Anyways, he started to have a crush on me, which sort of bugged me. All my friends were pressuring and telling me to give it a try because he had never had a real girlfriend. (Real life that is). Mind you, I was in High school, my 10th grade. I've learned my mistakes and lessons.

So, after being pressured (which i'll never have that happen again), I gave it a try and only planned on being with him for like..a month or two. He seemed all cool at first and turned out to be a royal asshole. He was not really abusive in the hitting way, but more of the pushing, grabbing, and snatching way. 

I regret everything. Like, my other ex's were nothing. I regret every part of it and learned to never date the person you feel sorry for.

It was an early morning at the band hall, my senior year in high school. I felt like doing something really stupid, so I played Careless Whisper on trombone obnoxiously in front of a quartet while they were doing better things, hoping to get a good laugh..which it did to an extent...

F*** ME!

I still regret it.

Edited by SparkWolf
  • Brohoof 1

Probably all the guys I've dated. Man, whenever me and my friends get on the subject of ex-boyfriends I like slam my face into a wall so hard just thinking about all the dudes I've dated.

They were pretty much all losers. It's embarrassing just to have to admit I've dated them.

Also I regret dating my best friend. It put a strain on our friendship for like 4 months. But at least it's all good now. Though my sister still pokes fun at me for dating him since he's out of the closet now. So at the time I was dating my best friend while he was hiding his gayness. Isn't that fun. :nom:

• Brohoof 2

Joining tumblr. Aside from maybe like 2-4 at the most people. I regret joining that site. That b---h of an exfriend really really ruined the mood it used to bring me. It once was a happy place I used to use to get away. Now it's a f-----g hellhole that makes me sick to see. I've got both of her accounts blocked on both my accounts. But I still know she's there. So yeah. Ruined. I don't care if that sounds "childish". She put me through s--t and RARELY sincerely apologized for it, guilt tripped the s---t out of me when I'd get mad at her, bringing up things that happened to her earlier that day,making me feel horrible and not caring one bit about MY feelings. Constantly whining when I'd say something "mean" to her causing her little white knights to come at me with f------g death threats a few times. Causing suicidial thoughts here and there when we'd have fights, due to me in retrospect stupidly blaming myself when it was clearly her fault in the first place. Being a hypocrite and saying things that aren't forum appropriate were gross and such when I'd talk/rp them and then turn the f---k around and do said things herself as if it was FINE when she did those things. And one of them was something worse than what I had been doing. Yeah. She was and still is basically a grade a c---t.

Edited by GhostlyMelodies
  • Brohoof 1

Most of all I regret not taking care of myself when I most needed it. I was scared out of my mind, but I should have faced it...

I also entirely regret my attitudes when I was a teenager. I know... The teenage years are always going to bring some regretful moments, but I was really immature. I was so well back then, I could practice any amount of time I ever wanted, but instead I chose to sit around on the internet and whine or start drama all day long. >.<

• Brohoof 2