Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Upheaval Intrusion (1x1)

Loud Opinion

@Aisede

Vida, the pet project of a tyrannical princess of the sun, still sore from her daring assault on the tyrant, is thrown to the wolves in a strange new land. Surrounded by snow and snarls, she is forced to leisurely stroll through the wasteland.

The residents of Fang Breaker fortress appreciate the help in eradicating a skirmish of wolven. The Prince of the earth has extended an invitation to citizenship and revealed that he is the little brother of her adversary. Though, she seemed different than the tyrant she grew to hate.

Prince Terrado then explains his situation. His realm, encircling his big sister's land is beset on all sides by war. From behind the seams, he alone has been charged with defense.

Vida, having chatted with some of the prince's Legion's poines, has learned the less than reasonable motives of the wolven and their leader Fenrir.

Now she has returned to the Prince and asked him to detect any curses her tyrant may have implanted.

He is silent to her request. He simply closes his eyes and ignites his remnant of a horn, "This will not feel pleasant, but it will be harmless."

At first, his magic crept through her body in a chilling way. It was as though a skeleton was prodding at her form both inside and out. Soon after, the magic moves to her heart, feelings of dread well at the intrusion. Finally, the magic moved to Vida's mind. Impending doom would crop up.

In a rare moment, she was reminded of her mortality. How much longer would it be before she is feeble and bedridden, at the mercy of the world around her?

Terrado's eyes would narrow, and so too would her vision. As his magic probed, Vida's passenger stirred. He was getting close.

Edited by Loud Opinion
  • Brohoof 1

• The title was changed to Upheaval Intrusion (1x1)

@Loud Opinion

Holy shit. Vida had all but forgotten her vulnerability to intrusions such as this. She had expected a brief scan, or for him to tell her to fuck off. But this...

Her heart skipped a beat, and her eyes widened as she sensed what he did.

Stay down...

Vida swallowed, focusing her will in an effort to keep the monster at bay. If she fully awakens, things could get bad, especially if Terrado doesn't stop. 

"Maybe this... Was a bad idea..."

She tried to remain cool, but there was no mistaking the modicum of fear that wormed its way into her otherwise impassive voice.

Edited by Aisede

@Aisede

Terrado would have pressed forward to uncover will with Vida, but her uneasy warning gave him pause. In this moment of hesitation, he remembered that Vida is an outsider to his word and one that could survive an initial assault from him. If this lurker has Vida worried, it would be no guarantee that he could keep it suppressed.

With discretion, he ends his probe. "Maybe I'm getting passive after such a long time away from the front lines. There is something in your mind. That's all I can tell. I've only seen this happen once before, and it was during the worst disaster the world has seen. If you don't want your friend to wake up, I suggest you stay away from large bodies of water."

Terrado lingers on his last statement patiently.

Vida monitored her hazardous cargo until she was certain she wouldn't awaken. Only then did she relax, having remained in a tense pose ever since she felt it.

"I am aware. It was put there for..." She looked off to the side. "Reasons. Now what's this about water? You are aware I can still swim, right?" She's just more likely to transform any bath she steps hoof into a jacuzzi. 

Subtly, she glanced at the shadows in the room, but they weren't doing anything they weren't supposed to be doing, so she returned her attention to the broken god before her.

Edited by Aisede

(edited)

@Aisede

Terrado recognized the double standard of information. Normally he wouldn't give an answer after being denied one so soon, but the consequences were high enough to suspend his need for fairness --and his temptation to be a hard-ass.

"A-" Terrado pauses, looking for a proper descriptor, "Alicorn is stuck at the bottom of the ocean. The problem is that the ocean is his domain, so his influence can be felt from most bodies of water. Even a lake can be hazardous if it's been sitting there long enough. Your 'friend' might recognize the threat and defend its host. That being said, there is a large ocean to the west. If you're going to trust me about anything, it should be this:" Terrado gives a hard look, "Don't. Go. East."

Edited by Loud Opinion

Good thing there ain't shit to see that way. She had half a mind to boil any body of water she encountered on principle, but she got the feeling evaporating local water sources she encounters would be ill-received by any creatures living there.

Are baths safe? They're usually running water.

"So not only do we have slavers, simps, and evil bears, but now we have a murderous demi-god chillin' out at the bottom of the ocean? What the fuck is his deal?" And why are there so many Faust damn alicorns in this world? Well, so far she had only met two sans Altlestia, but this still felt significant to her. After all, none of hers were inherently homicidal.

"What's he gonna do, drown me?" She rolled her eyes. 

Edited by Aisede

@Aisede

Terrado gave her a raised eyebrow, "Are you sure I should be explaining? Your passenger might be listening in."

If aside were to let her mind wader to that region, she would find him to be still as an untouched pond. Not even the odd feeling of frustration she would normally seance. For once, it was like he was not even there.

Edited by Loud Opinion

"What my passenger does and does not listen too is irrelevant," Vida retorted through grit teeth. "Just give me some fucking answers. I'll keep her in check like I have for the past five years."

Se really needed to know wtf was waiting for her in the next pond she spelunked in. If she can just get rid of the water, fine, that's good to know. If this submerged god can drown her with a thought, that's not so good. It wasn't like she didn't face down threats all the time anyway.

Well... 'threats.' There's no way in Tartarus those dogs could have actually harmed her, and Terrado himself tried and failed, albeit that was a halfhearted attempt at best. 

Edited by Aisede

• 2 weeks later...

@Aisede

"There's not a mortal alive that knows about my-!" He pauses, "I am telling you what I tell every other mortal. Stay away from any still waters large enough to be a lake or you will die. The further east you go, the worse this danger becomes. Boil them down to the salt if you have to, but do not let yourself submerge."

Edited by Loud Opinion

Vida wanted to make a joke about mortality, but her inner bitch decided against telling him. If he couldn't figure it out on his own, then he didn't deserve to know.

Instead, she huffed, a little wave of heat coming off of her. If she had wings, they'd be ruffling about now. 

"Fine. Have it your way- just don't complain when you encounter a water shortage."

She tossed her mane in a distinctly petulant display that would make nobles green with envy. Before they turned red after she called them out on their bullshit. "Can I at least bum a few bits off of you? Your local badges are going after some spy dude and I want to show them up by doing their job better than they can." And if she can't get bits, there's always her body. Also mercenary work if any creatures in Bastion City needed to take out the garbage.

Some part of her wondered if this was a healthy mindset to have, but another part of her asked her why she should care. She had a life too... A new life, in a new world. She didn't have to feel guilty about a past that didn't even exist here.