planning OOC: The Frozen North (1x1 with Blitz Boom)

Cheerilee

@Props Valroa

I skipped adding more to the scan. I figure the important parts had come to light, and that Lens were perplexed by what he had already found as it were, as well as being distracted by wanting to examine Veil. Something she's obviously not too happy about, due to how she have previously been tested upon.

The nobles do prove that there are alicorn blood in circulation (likely Celestia's), albeit probably very diluted by now. Once he realizes that he scanned this on someone from 1500 years ago, when these sorts of things were rarer, and hybrids with non-standard equine pairs were far rarer (Earth, Pegasi, and Unicorns make sense, but with others seems like it'd be rarer), he'll become far more curious. Though a magical scan like this, doesn't determine how diluted her parental blood is. He'd need a blood sample for that.

If you want her to run into other Zebra hybrids eventually, just lemme know. I have a doctor who's a mixture of zebra and pegasi. Though beware: She likes to hug. A lot! I call her a Zegasus. Magloria would be a... Alibra? Zalicorn? Lots of options. :)

As for her getting something in return? Depending on how much she helps, I'm sure they can come to some sort of arrangement. Within reason, of course.

• Brohoof 1

VS8TdTe.jpg

Signature made by my friend @Randimaxis who is beyond awesome for making this. <3

Link to character bioses: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1all3iydBKcvKB0NdSVlJBerzpi8wwVyi1svt8R9Zz9I/edit?usp=sharing

@Blitz Boom

Magloria may have dilluted alicorn blood in her veins, though that does not make her an alicorn. I think she is a "Blue Mage" by birth, because of an Alicorn and Zebra parent. She is not an alicorn though, as she does not have wings - so I would say she is a Zebracorn if anything. In the future perhaps she can run into other Zebra hybrids. :PIPPIPHURRAY:

post-8308-0-71681500-1384286678.png.0d2177f6769c784855a970d3d2658987.png

MLP Fan since ~ Summer of 2011

@Blitz Boom

When they arrive at Spectra's lair, I will basically describe what they see there. There won't be much interaction from my part - just describing the scenery and stuff. I figured that may interest you.

• 5 weeks later...

@Blitz Boom

I am thinking that we can basically skip along to where Spectra and Operata arrive at the place they are going to - unless if you had something else planned. I don't really see much for Magloria and Veil to do in the library, so we can have that scene in one post and basically summarize what they do - then proceed with the scenes with the guards arriving at Spectra's lair which would be interesting, though I'd basically just be describing their surroundings and what they come across, if you would be interested in doing that. 

• Hugs 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Props Valroa

Sorry for not answering, missed it. :(

Yeah, we can (and are) just handling things in the base now. Though I do need to ask, does everything happen at the same time, for the two groups? We just need to make sure, since the second they act int he second group then, it will start to register for Spectra, I assume? If so, perhaps they will spend some time just setting up, until you think it is a better time? Up to you how we deal with that. :) I can work with either.

• Brohoof 1

VS8TdTe.jpg

Signature made by my friend @Randimaxis who is beyond awesome for making this. <3

Link to character bioses: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1all3iydBKcvKB0NdSVlJBerzpi8wwVyi1svt8R9Zz9I/edit?usp=sharing

@Props Valroa

I don't really have an idea for the base, so... We can skip for a bit, while they *drill* through the hard mountain, then return to it eventually, once some time have passed for Spectra and Operata. :)

• Brohoof 1

VS8TdTe.jpg

@Props Valroa

Oh bugger. O.o I kept thinking you hadn't responded, but I looked at the wrong page! I am so sorry. :( I'll get you a nice reply either tonight, or tomorrow.

• Brohoof 1

VS8TdTe.jpg

@Props Valroa

If you wanna go with the Huntsmaster, you're free to put that one in instead. I had some other ideas, but he can work well too, and I can easily work around it. :)

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 1

VS8TdTe.jpg

@Props Valroa

Who knows? Might be it starts as one, and then ends as the other. You could toss him in at some point, out of nowhere, making one threat seem pathetic and childlike in time. We'll see what suits your fancy as time goes, but I will continue as semi-planned thus far. :)

• Brohoof 1

VS8TdTe.jpg

@Blitz Boom

There is not much for me to reply to in terms of the Lair, but I very much enjoy reading what you write there. You are clearly very creative and good at coming up with just about any scene. Perhaps I might toss in the Huntsman once there is a good lee way for him to be there. He'd probably have followed them in without them knowing about it. The Huntsman is more or less someone who is inferred from Cali's backstory, remember Cali? He's from her backstory. While you likely won't be seeing Cali in this roleplay, you may very well see some of her enemies who are lurking around in Equestria, waiting for the right time to strike. 

• Hugs 1

@Props Valroa

I like to say that I can BS my way through anything. xD Served me well in several RP's, where I can have a basic idea, rationalize it, and then make an explanation plausible enough to make the whole thing have some legitimacy. It's the way I made the EVergrown for instance. The thought of "What would an all natural race act like, and what why would they not have been seen in the show?" Boom!- If they had something that were beneficial (in their case, blood acting like hyper-fertilizer) then some ponies would take advantage, and kill for that. Then they'd retract and stay hidden, as ponies had proven dangerous.

As for the minor stories I set to various background, or single mention characters? Well, with the guard you mentioned, I figured Stern if he had a troubled history, but weren't tossed, would mean someone kept a hoof over him. Had to be a high ranker, and Screecher is not that old, so made sense to be the Night Guard general before her. Then it's just adding how the guard would react to someone troubled vanishing, and making yourself vanish, would appear to be likely. Make a run for it, before the new leadership, would stop keeping your hide safe.

I used the same explanation for the Coastal Guard in the beginning. You only really see the Royal guards in the towns, and especially the capitol. But the Siren Sisters and various other monsters, make it clear that there's a lot of threats, that would come from the ocean. Had to be someone keeping an eye on the coast then, for monsters to have not flooded in (pun intended) and swum off (pun also intended) with various ponies, or outright killed others. The royal guards can't get to the edge of the country fast, and is probably too busy focusing on the princess.

So I set out that an independent party had made the Coastal Guard, so the people could be defended, and in time, it were more efficient to have the incorporated into the regular guards, to make things act smoother. Which also split them, as some preferred independence, which have had implications in other threads.

It also lets me get away with letting them have their own customs, traditions, and ways of life in general. And I figured it made sense that the royal guards would have members that looked down on them, as their guard branches were not started by the princesses. It were ordinary folks, sailors, and pirates, that banded together to keep their shores safe. And some would consider that to be less important, than being formed by the princesses, to protect the two of them, and the capitol in general.

Sorta like that my process goes. Also, should be mentioned that I rarely sit down with a full idea. I go into it with a basic thought, and then expand on it as I go. Hence the BS'ing part from earlier. xD

• Brohoof 1

VS8TdTe.jpg

@Blitz Boom

Originally for this RP I planned on it being Magloria alone - Spectra was created because I just BS'd my way through the RP. I rationalized it and said that Spectra stole Magloria as one of her first victims and stole her power as her own. But that doesn't mean that this Magloria is some heroic heroine...far from it. 

Stern Steel could have very well been the Night Guard General before Screecher. Perhaps once they are freed we could do several small one-shot and stand alone stories with some of the characters that had been freed from the orbs, probably with Stern Steel being the most important. He'd have had a very troubled and messed up history - could likely have even been wanted for his crimes and abusive of power here and there, with the time of his being in the orb being kept as time served if he behaves.

I rarely sit down with a full idea, either, so you and I are alike in that respect.

• Hugs 1

@Props Valroa

We can have a think about things. :) Tough if Stern were the previous general, it wouldn't fit with him being sent to Las pegasus. He'd be a higher authority, so unless he were demoted by Princess Celestia herself (who'd twenty years ago, be the highest authority in both guard branches, as Luna were in the moon), and sent away, it would either be that he were a favored, high ranking member (like a captain for instance), or that he were not being sent towards Las Pegasus, but just said he were going there to handle something personally.

I think it'd work better with what is there now, if he were a captain, but we'll see what you think about. :)

• Brohoof 1

VS8TdTe.jpg

@Blitz Boom

I didn't really have any plans for him being in Las Pegasus, so it could have gone either way. If he was the General, then I imagine that he ended up getting to his position through less than moral means, cheating, beating others out of the way. His general personality in my eyes, up until his capture was that he was not particularly intelligent - and usually got his ways through shows of brute strength and having others be in fear around him because of what he could do to them if they didn't comply. Likely wasn't a General for very long, though, considering his capture. 

@Blitz Boom

My basic outline, at least in my mind how things will go - will be like this. Feel free to suggest ideas or state your opinion. 

Spectra and Operata face off against the unseen force in the Temple (could be whatever you want, or if you would like for me to play the Huntsman or some other figure, I can fill the role of that) ---> Spectra and Operata retrieve the body she is after and return to the Elderly Minotaur to have Spectra's soul transferred into the "new" body, of which Spectra would also seek to have her Arcadian blood transferred as well. ---> Before, or after this, the Guards teleport out Spectra's Quarry and then we can have Magloria, the Guards, ask her former prisoners what had happened, to gain testimonies, and to build more of a picture about Spectra - for things they would not know about her. Some of her prisoners would likely know. 

• Hugs 1

• 4 weeks later...

@Props Valroa

Didn't see you wrote here at all. Bugger! My bad. :(

The things as they are set up right now, the quest at the temple is reaching towards its end, though they will not be bringing back the body to the minotaur. They are headed to the witch in the jungle, on the mainland Wild Edges. They were given directions and info to go there afterwards, to have the transfer done correctly. You can make use of the Huntsmaster though if you like. The presence I had set up, are about to come to more light soon, but you might have fun with some ideas, before they leave the place.

In that case, maybe we should focus on just that, and then put the two other sides to a pause for now. Or at least the one in the caves. I have set that one up to just sit there, until they are ready to go at things. The one with Magloria, depends on what you think, about if Veil remembered to bring that small pouch (I honestly forgot about it, before re-reading things recently). I'll leave that up to you. :) If she remembered, something for them to do there. If not, they can just sit and wait.

I like the idea of Magloria being part in asking the newcomers questions, to see what information they can gather. They'll probably need it, and I'm definitly curious to see what they might learn about that mysterious Arcadian. :)

• Hugs 1

VS8TdTe.jpg

@Blitz Boom

All good, all good, no worries!

Ah I see, I must have misread that. They will go to the Zebra Witch to have the transfer done properly. I would like to see you make up some kind of pony creator representation for the Warrior Mare, whose body Spectra was after. She will have a nice new body I am sure of it!

And as for the Huntsman, perhaps I'll have him, or one similar to him show up after they leave the temple. In my next post, I will reply to Spectra's part only and when we move into the next phase of the RP, you are free to add in Magloria and the Lair sections so we can do more with that once the Temple Scene and such is completed. 

@Props Valroa

Sadly all I could do, were a description a few posts ago. I have the artistic talent of a two year old, so I can't draw anything. xD I usually use creators, and not sure I could get one to make a warrior sort. I can try later perhaps, see if I can get something done. But if you know League of Legends, it's more or less a pony version of Nidalee. This one.

Nidalee, the Bestial Huntress - League of Legends

Just a bit more beefy, and currently not meant to transform into a cat at will. :D 

• Brohoof 1

VS8TdTe.jpg

@Props Valroa

This creator is bugged seemingly, with the face going white. Also one of the OG, that's lacking some spice. I know of another one I can use in due time perhaps.

Also, psych. :P Been letting Spectra gain a little too much, too easily lately. Can't have her getting complacent, muahaha.

• Brohoof 1

VS8TdTe.jpg

@Blitz Boom

I would be very curious to see what it would look like. I can't really find any others I think, so let's see what you got when you are able to do it! And I think Spectra losing a good portion of her power in exchange for a new body is a fair thing. She's gonna lose hundreds of victims and she's now exposed.

@Props Valroa

I should perhaps have been a little more exact: I only barely intended you to have Fae's body in the first place. :P I believed it more interesting to let her have some adventure here, but not get her grand prize. That said, if you think she's gonna suffer enough, I left it rather open ended (and yes, I know I brush through the fight scenes, but otherwise this will last a month. xD) so I can still fork her over, and say the spell managed to hit her, if you want her. I just figured at the start it'd be fun to deny her a prize for a change. But this is your thread in honest, so I'll accommodate what you prefer. ^^

Also, I used a creator, and this was the best I could do for a physical representation. Most of these programs are rather limited.

638357780939354950.jpg?ex=65691c93&is=6556a793&hm=24cd36539005b3c03935f66e53180050af052436c72fd45d31bc00fe9d42928a&

Simple, basic, with a splatter of blood for good measure, but outta do the trick. :)

• Hugs 1

VS8TdTe.jpg