Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Maretime Bay Adventure Game Released Today (PS4/PS5/Switch/XBOX)

Courageous Thunder Dash

So, the MLP Maretime Bay Adventure is officially out today. 

I downloaded it for PS4 and beat it within an hour. It's $40, which sucks because that's way too overpriced for a game like Maretime Bay Adventure. It was a good game for what it was, but it could certainly use updates and I hope that in the future, you could play as other characters other than just Sunny. 

So, what are your thoughts of the game for those who have played it?

• Brohoof 3

I just ordered it! Looks like it might get here AFTER I leave for Whinny City, but oh well!

• Brohoof 4

6 hours ago, TheGleaner said:

$40?!

I figured something like that would be pretty cheaply priced. 

Tell me about it. It is a children's game after all...so I was expecting half of that or even less...

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Courageous Thunder Dash said:

So, what are your thoughts of the game for those who have played it?

“My Little Pony: A Maretime Bay Adventure” is a REALLY fun video game, IMO. :squee:

The mini games are perfect for me because they’re fun and not super-stressful challenging.

Including, the Dance Dance Revolution style button combo game which, I’m NEVER good at. :mlp_yeehaa:

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, TheGleaner said:

$40?!

I figured something like that would be pretty cheaply priced. 

It's take a lot of money to make resources of a full 3D environment, you know. Besides it's cheaper than most of the Nintendo Switch's AAA games that are usually $60

• Brohoof 1

$40 you say? And you beat it within an hour? Yeah, I had a feeling that this game was going to be on the short end of things and not exactly be a masterpiece, but for what it's worth, we should be glad that we got a new MLP game seeing as G4 never got one. The $40 price tag is high for what this is so that may be a turning off factor for some. I won't even mention reviews from gaming journals and websites as it's obvious what kind of score this is going to get.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I just earned ALL of the trophies on PS4 meaning, 100% as far as they're concerned. 

I'm SO HAPPY because I don't usually have the skills to 100% games AND it's an MLP game

which, makes the accomplishment even more AWESOME! ^_^

Edited by Sparklefan1234

ive already ordered it so hopefully it'll be here soon!!! it seems fun and im sure it will be :squee: i just played pinkie pie's party from G3 on my DS which was pretty boring so as long as it's better than that ill probably enjoy it, lol :P

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I just earned ALL of the trophies on PS4 meaning, 100% as far as they're concerned. 

I'm SO HAPPY because I don't usually have the skills to 100% games AND it's an MLP game

which, makes the accomplishment even more AWESOME! ^_^

I'm so close. Just gotta do a couple of things. I'm about 90% done with the trophies. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
42 minutes ago, Courageous Thunder Dash said:

I'm so close. Just gotta do a couple of things. I'm about 90% done with the trophies. 

I didn't complete all of the mini games in the way that would make it a true 100% but I had a fun time playing them. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

I liked it, even if it only took me round 2 hours too finish story, 100% and the platinum. Yeah the price might be a bit too high for that, but I don't care, we finally got a game and I enjoyed it :3

Currently I'm the 9th platinum achiever, if not more people earning it earlier update their trophys, lol.

• Brohoof 2

I downloaded the game on my PS4 today and, spoiler alert, already beat it. Hoofness gracious, is this game easy, I didn't even come close to having to retry a challenge a single time and only didn't get third-tier on the first bunny herding minigame. However, this is a young kids game and I'm a dude who recently turned 26 after beating all of the Soulsborne games. :Tempest: No, actual flaws with the game were the typos in the text, inconsistencies with the voice acting and the script (Pippers when the text explicitly says Pippsqueaks, really? :scoots:), and that mega-lulz point of the story where Sunny easily changes everyone's mind. There wasn't a single part of the game though where I wasn't having fun, the only enjoyment-hampering flaw is the short length and the lack of content for a $40 game. It's better than the last MLP game, Pinkie Pie's Party, which I literally beat in half an hour back in the day, but still. :mlp_nom: They could easily fix that problem, not just by giving us the option to play as all the Mane 5 in an update, but also by updating the world to let us explore Bridlewood Forest and Zephyr Heights too. :BrightMacContent:

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

didn't even come close to having to retry a challenge a single time and only didn't get third-tier on the first bunny herding minigame.

I totally get it! Those bunnies are fast little guys. 

• Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I totally get it! Those bunnies are fast little guys. 

Just tonight, I went back to the bunny herding challenged and cleared it with a tier 3 rating. 

17 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

I downloaded the game on my PS4 today and, spoiler alert, already beat it. Hoofness gracious, is this game easy, I didn't even come close to having to retry a challenge a single time and only didn't get third-tier on the first bunny herding minigame. However, this is a young kids game and I'm a dude who recently turned 26 after beating all of the Soulsborne games. :Tempest: No, actual flaws with the game were the typos in the text, inconsistencies with the voice acting and the script (Pippers when the text explicitly says Pippsqueaks, really? :scoots:), and that mega-lulz point of the story where Sunny easily changes everyone's mind. There wasn't a single part of the game though where I wasn't having fun, the only enjoyment-hampering flaw is the short length and the lack of content for a $40 game. It's better than the last MLP game, Pinkie Pie's Party, which I literally beat in half an hour back in the day, but still. :mlp_nom: They could easily fix that problem, not just by giving us the option to play as all the Mane 5 in an update, but also by updating the world to let us explore Bridlewood Forest and Zephyr Heights too. :BrightMacContent:

What I'd also like is the ability to interact with more objects with Sunny's magic. That would make the game a lot of fun for both kids and bronies. Yes, also being able to play as the other characters of the mane 5 would be super sweet. 

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Will Guide said:

It's take a lot of money to make resources of a full 3D environment, you know. Besides it's cheaper than most of the Nintendo Switch's AAA games that are usually $60

I mean my comparison for "expensive" games is xplane or MSFS or RDR2, and they aren't terribly far more than that last I recall. 

Sounds all fairly apt for a modern kids game, though the extremely short length is a bit of a downer

• Brohoof 2

Yeah no way I'm buying it at full price. Hopefully I'll get my hands on a used copy or it'll go on sale for significantly cheaper. I'm watching someone's playthrough and I do think I would enjoy it to a degree but it really isn't worth that much.

I get that it costs time and money to make games and devs deserve to be fairly compensated, but there are so many other games I could buy for that amount or less while getting more play time out of it. 

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

I found this game to be pretty cute and entertaining. :squee: The story was interesting, the characters were adorable, and the minigames were fun (although I'm not very good at the flight or rollerblading minigame). I'm also glad that the character models were leaked so anyone can freely play around with them. :pinkie:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
3 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

although I'm not very good at the flight or rollerblading minigame

My "best" is probably the obstacle course mini game.

Did Izzy have a mini game because I can't find it if she did? 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Did Izzy have a mini game because I can't find it if she did? 

Let's see...

Hitch's minigames were Bunny Herding and Bunny-and-Crab Herding.

Pipp's minigame was the "Pipp Pipp Parade" (which is really just a DDR knockoff)

Zipp's minigame was the flight training where you go through hoops, like Superman 64 only actually playable

The final minigame was the rollerblade chase, which everypony got involved with (supposedly:  Pipp and Zipp said they'd distract him but never did onscreen)

...Izzy didn't have a minigame, unless you count the scavenger hunt in the main game that was finding all the Unicycling tables and decorating all the houses.

I actually got 100% completion on the game in under 3 hours.  I had to beat it 3 times, since I kept having my Let's Play game footage blown away by pressing the wrong button on my capture software :/  My Let's Play is on another thread in this forum.

• Brohoof 2