Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

17 hours ago, LCpony417 said:

Don't worry about your post being too excessive. I respect any kind of ideas, opinions, theories and thoughts regarding to this matter. And yours seem very interesting!

To begin with, I never though Celestia and Luna might be the ones who created the sun and the moon. But now that I think about it, it might also be the reason why they are the ones controlling them. So yeah, it's a good idea!

However, I don't like to think that Equestria was first ruled by Discord before the two princesses defeated him. Actually, now that I think about it, I don't even know what happened before Discord's defeat. I don't even know how Discord came to life. But in my opinion, there was peace in Equestria until Discord created chaos all over it, and then he got defeated by the two princesses. In other words, Equestria wasn't created by Discord only to be a chaotic world. Sure, it's possible that Discord might have created Equestria, but I don't like to think that. And since there is no official statements on what happened before Discord's defeat, this is how I believe things happened. Of course, I might be wrong, but this is what I think.

And despite inconsistencies being perfectly normal in Equestria without breaking any sort of logic or something, I still like to wonder why the ponies have chosen things to work the way they work. Basically, it's not like I'm not thankful with these things because I think they don't make sense. I'm just wondering why the ponies made these decisions.

This is pretty much all I have to commentate. Other than that, I respect your thoughts!

You actually make some strong points, to which I happen to have yet another theory, one, that assumes that Equestria was in similar shape before Discord that it came to be after it was defeated. 

Maybe those inconsistencies are  consequences of him tampering with natural order of the world? Like, we saw how excessive the chaos was, maybe Celestia and Luna simply haven't fixed Equestria completely yet and what we see is a work in progress? Before the world sustained and controlled itself, but now ponies have to supervise many of its natural processes so that it can "learn" its own properties again? I think that could also explain, why in generation 5 these little things seem to be gone - the world simply managed to put itself back in order so pony intervention was no longer necesarry and eventually became forgotten by ponies themselves. 

I don't believe Discord created Equestria. One case would mean he was made along with it and simply seized control quickly being the most powerful entity at the time. The other that he somehow came to be later (maybe his race was more common in the past?) and took Equestria over as You suggested. 

That's the fun of MLP actually. We know very little. The target audience is still one that doesn't require excessive details so now we can enjoy debating these :laugh:

Thank You for Your thoughts as well! 

5 hours ago, Sir Spooksalot said:

You actually make some strong points, to which I happen to have yet another theory, one, that assumes that Equestria was in similar shape before Discord that it came to be after it was defeated. 

Maybe those inconsistencies are  consequences of him tampering with natural order of the world? Like, we saw how excessive the chaos was, maybe Celestia and Luna simply haven't fixed Equestria completely yet and what we see is a work in progress? Before the world sustained and controlled itself, but now ponies have to supervise many of its natural processes so that it can "learn" its own properties again? I think that could also explain, why in generation 5 these little things seem to be gone - the world simply managed to put itself back in order so pony intervention was no longer necesarry and eventually became forgotten by ponies themselves. 

I don't believe Discord created Equestria. One case would mean he was made along with it and simply seized control quickly being the most powerful entity at the time. The other that he somehow came to be later (maybe his race was more common in the past?) and took Equestria over as You suggested. 

That's the fun of MLP actually. We know very little. The target audience is still one that doesn't require excessive details so now we can enjoy debating these :laugh:

Thank You for Your thoughts as well! 

You're welcome!

You know? I also came up with another theory recently: a theory that says that when Discord was defeated by the two princesses, some of his chaotic magic remained in Equestria, and led into animation errors (like that cyclop pony from S1E26, or the ponies sometimes having incorrect cutie marks). Of course, these animation errors are caused by the animation program and have nothing to do with the logic of the story. But still, I like to think that these animation errors might be caused by Discord's magic that didn't get removed when he was defeated back then.

Hey, you know? This would make for a very good thread!

But still, it's also a good idea that Discord's chaotic magic that wasn't completely removed also led into other problems, and not just into animation errors. Perhaps this is why the ponies control the weather and nature themselves - because they're trying to fix Discord's magic. So yeah, it's a good possibility!

I'll have a quite simple answer to this question: Sun rises in East and sets in West. I am sure Equestria is a good representation of our world to follow these simple rules (without having to go into planets, orbits and Quantum Mechanics)

19 minutes ago, Splashee said:

I'll have a quite simple answer to this question: Sun rises in East and sets in West. I am sure Equestria is a good representation of our world to follow these simple rules (without having to go into planets, orbits and Quantum Mechanics)

But the sun doesn't always follow these rules! It seems to be totally random!

• Brohoof 1

21 minutes ago, LCpony417 said:

But the sun doesn't always follow these rules! It seems to be totally random!

Lol, Quantum Mechanics then.

I think this has to do with different artists not thinking while making the show or the assets for the show. If we were to put logic into every single shadow cast by a character in FiM, to trace the "light source", would not only find that it is random, but also, it is quite hopelessly so to try to make sense of it.

And I don't think I got that last sentence right, but it is as broken as the sun's function in Equestria :awwthanks:

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Splashee said:

I think this has to do with different artists not thinking while making the show or the assets for the show. If we were to put logic into every single shadow cast by a character in FiM, to trace the "light source", would not only find that it is random, but also, it is quite hopelessly so to try to make sense of it.

And I don't think I got that last sentence right, but it is as broken as the sun's function in Equestria :awwthanks:

The moon got smarter:ithastolookpretty:  

• Brohoof 1

34 minutes ago, Splashee said:

Finally you have a good thought! But I prefer to find the answers within the story logic, not behind the scenes. Still, I respect your thought!

5 hours ago, LCpony417 said:

You're welcome!

You know? I also came up with another theory recently: a theory that says that when Discord was defeated by the two princesses, some of his chaotic magic remained in Equestria, and led into animation errors (like that cyclop pony from S1E26, or the ponies sometimes having incorrect cutie marks). Of course, these animation errors are caused by the animation program and have nothing to do with the logic of the story. But still, I like to think that these animation errors might be caused by Discord's magic that didn't get removed when he was defeated back then.

Hey, you know? This would make for a very good thread!

But still, it's also a good idea that Discord's chaotic magic that wasn't completely removed also led into other problems, and not just into animation errors. Perhaps this is why the ponies control the weather and nature themselves - because they're trying to fix Discord's magic. So yeah, it's a good possibility!

We are going to one crazy territory now, my friend :laugh: And I love it!

You're right, it's easy to assume that such little animation quirks are a result of his magic still not being completely "removed" from the fabric of reality in Equestria. Obviously animation error is just that - an error done by the animator, but Your theory adds interesting depth to it and makes them go towards territory called It's not an error, it's a feature :D

Honestly, I love these little ideas we come up with here. That would even be how Celestia and Luna got their cutie marks. They managed to channel their magic to move around literal celestial bodies, against Discord's own power (a feat big enough to also let them become alicorns!) so of course their cutie marks would relate to that. 

Now I feel like we are two scholars debating! 

34 minutes ago, Sir Spooksalot said:

We are going to one crazy territory now, my friend :laugh: And I love it!

You're right, it's easy to assume that such little animation quirks are a result of his magic still not being completely "removed" from the fabric of reality in Equestria. Obviously animation error is just that - an error done by the animator, but Your theory adds interesting depth to it and makes them go towards territory called It's not an error, it's a feature :D

Honestly, I love these little ideas we come up with here. That would even be how Celestia and Luna got their cutie marks. They managed to channel their magic to move around literal celestial bodies, against Discord's own power (a feat big enough to also let them become alicorns!) so of course their cutie marks would relate to that. 

Now I feel like we are two scholars debating! 

Lol, thank you for the opinion! It seems like we are indeed working with a theory that gets crazier and crazier the more we think about it!

I like to think that literally everything from story phenomenons to animation errors to animation logic (including why sometimes, ponies like Daring Do and Rainbow Dash look similar) all have to do with story logic, and isn't just a feature whose explanation goes behind the scenes. This is how I like to imagine everything.

This not only opens lots of windows of opportunity for theories and stuff, but also adds more content to the show than it was planned by the writers, which is really cool!

Hey, you know what? The theory of Discord's magic being responsible for animation errors is too good! I really should make a whole thread about it! What do you think?

• Brohoof 1

51 minutes ago, LCpony417 said:

Lol, thank you for the opinion! It seems like we are indeed working with a theory that gets crazier and crazier the more we think about it!

I like to think that literally everything from story phenomenons to animation errors to animation logic (including why sometimes, ponies like Daring Do and Rainbow Dash look similar) all have to do with story logic, and isn't just a feature whose explanation goes behind the scenes. This is how I like to imagine everything.

This not only opens lots of windows of opportunity for theories and stuff, but also adds more content to the show than it was planned by the writers, which is really cool!

Hey, you know what? The theory of Discord's magic being responsible for animation errors is too good! I really should make a whole thread about it! What do you think?

I never even thought of that, honestly. And now I want to watch those episodes with animation quirks just for the experience of feeling like it's Discord's leftover magic messing around however it can :laugh: But being unable to do anything significant as results of it change nothing in the end and can't even remain permanent. 

I think making a separate threat about this may be a wonderful idea! I mean, it is obvious why errors really happen, but this is so much more fun than such a down to earth statement! We can analyze all those quirks, discover them, make theories about them... it is definitely worth a shot! 

13 minutes ago, Sir Spooksalot said:

I never even thought of that, honestly. And now I want to watch those episodes with animation quirks just for the experience of feeling like it's Discord's leftover magic messing around however it can :laugh: But being unable to do anything significant as results of it change nothing in the end and can't even remain permanent. 

I think making a separate threat about this may be a wonderful idea! I mean, it is obvious why errors really happen, but this is so much more fun than such a down to earth statement! We can analyze all those quirks, discover them, make theories about them... it is definitely worth a shot! 

Good idea! This would make the thread very detailed and brilliant!

I will probably start working on that thread soon. I'll see if I will have time.

Moments ago, LCpony417 said:

Good idea! This would make the thread very detailed and brilliant!

I will probably start working on that thread soon. I'll see if I will have time.

What You write is a real quality, so please, take Your time. As for me - I definitely can't wait to see it and share my thoughts there as well. And hopefully have other, just as curious ponies join us! :squee:

1 minute ago, Sir Spooksalot said:

What You write is a real quality, so please, take Your time. As for me - I definitely can't wait to see it and share my thoughts there as well. And hopefully have other, just as curious ponies join us! :squee:

Then it looks like I will definetely have to find some time to make it!

Hey, there's an incoming break where I'm not going to school. This break will last for a whole week. Maybe this is when I will make the thread!

*stares in happy but shocked pegasus and makes cute little squeeing sounds*

I can't even begin to tell you how happy this post makes me!!! *trots happily in place and flutters her wings* 

First of all @LCpony417 you are one brilliant pony and it is a pleasure to know you! 

The sun and moon -- ah! Alchemy. Life. Beauty. Magic. All my personal favorite things....

I would say that because Princess Luna and Princess Celestia are flowing with the nature of polarity, which, as we all know originally started (well by our present physical observation) in chaos! Perfectly reflecting the theory that this is a residual mark of Discord's pastpresence (Well, hello there @Aticus the Adequate, lovely to see you here :mlp_proud:

I just wished to chime in to let you guys know that I freakin appreciate and support what you're doing. There's so many things I'd love to share with you guys in regards to the lore and you had to go and deepen/enrich my inner world even further!! /)

LCPony, it makes me so happy that you've watched each and every episode. I'm streaming them with my friends and hope to finally reach the end, myself. I'm looking forward to sharing more of our thoughts together as we go along. I meant to post them all on my blog but.... yeah... that kind've got a bit postponed :please:

9 minutes ago, Princess Silky said:

*stares in happy but shocked pegasus and makes cute little squeeing sounds*

I can't even begin to tell you how happy this post makes me!!! *trots happily in place and flutters her wings* 

First of all @LCpony417 you are one brilliant pony and it is a pleasure to know you! 

The sun and moon -- ah! Alchemy. Life. Beauty. Magic. All my personal favorite things....

I would say that because Princess Luna and Princess Celestia are flowing with the nature of polarity, which, as we all know originally started (well by our present physical observation) in chaos! Perfectly reflecting the theory that this is a residual mark of Discord's pastpresence (Well, hello there @Aticus the Adequate, lovely to see you here :mlp_proud:

I just wished to chime in to let you guys know that I freakin appreciate and support what you're doing. There's so many things I'd love to share with you guys in regards to the lore and you had to go and deepen/enrich my inner world even further!! /)

LCPony, it makes me so happy that you've watched each and every episode. I'm streaming them with my friends and hope to finally reach the end, myself. I'm looking forward to sharing more of our thoughts together as we go along. I meant to post them all on my blog but.... yeah... that kind've got a bit postponed :please:

OMG, thank you so much for all the kind words! Looks like this thread was a very big success after all!

Oh, and of course, I respect your thoughts regarding to this matter.

Just letting you know, I just started rewatching the show, and I'm watching a new episode every day. Today, I just watched S1E19, and tomorrow I will be watching S1E20. I will keep watching until I reach the end of the show in the middle of May 2023. But just letting you know, I am currently rewatching the show just for fun!

So yeah!

5 hours ago, LCpony417 said:

OMG, thank you so much for all the kind words! Looks like this thread was a very big success after all!

Just letting you know, I just started rewatching the show, and I'm watching a new episode every day. Today, I just watched S1E19, and tomorrow I will be watching S1E20. I will keep watching until I reach the end of the show in the middle of May 2023. But just letting you know, I am currently rewatching the show just for fun!

So yeah!

You are a true inspiration!! I was actually VERY POUTY that @Astral Soul kinda dragged me back to season 1... but it looks like it's all worth it in the end :Daydreaming:

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, LCpony417 said:

So yeah!

Hope you love the journey all over again:fluttershy:  

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Princess Silky said:

You are a true inspiration!! I was actually VERY POUTY that @Astral Soul kinda dragged me back to season 1... but it looks like it's all worth it in the end :Daydreaming:

Oh my, oh my, oh my! How fancy seeing You here! :grin:

Of course it's worth it, it's ponies! Check our theory about Sun's behavior out! What do You think, Silky? I am still imagining how Celestia dedicates herself to put its path across the sky back in order, out of love for the Equestria and all that lives in it, making it beautiful even if task she bestowed upon herself is a difficult one! 

Equestria as a world as a whole I feel like needed explanation. I feel as if the sun and moon themselves are not what we understand them as. I believe in the comics the Moon had an atmosphere and live. The sun? I believe the whole rising and setting thing is illusionary magic, they aren’t actually moving celestial bodies. Just clever light play. In that aspect, there is no set location for them to rise and set at. It varies wildly.

6 hours ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

Hope you love the journey all over again:fluttershy:  

I do love it! I was just eager to go past Season 5 but I guess I got a little lonely, so when involving friends, I was like D: "Not Season 1 again?!" (in Twilight Sparkle panicking voice :laugh:)

But refreshing up my memory is probably a good idea,

@Sir SpooksalotI most certainly shall! Let me just get back to it by evening for me :3

@Props ValRoa This is interesting to consider.

I'll be back later to delve deeper into this. Looks like fun! 

Moments ago, Princess Silky said:

I do love it! I was just eager to go past Season 5 but I guess I got a little lonely, so when involving friends, I was like D: "Not Season 1 again?!" (in Twilight Sparkle panicking voice :laugh:)

But refreshing up my memory is probably a good idea,

@Sir SpooksalotI most certainly shall! Let me just get back to it by evening for me :3

The purpose of the show is to enjoy it with friends so going from the start again is nothing short but a lovely experience! 

It gives a whole new perspective on all the events from My Little Pony and, in my case, allowed me to see some events with a whole new depth (what's being debated in this thread included). If we were going from season 5 I wouldn't be able to come up with some of things that came into my mind here:rarity:

Friendship is magic and here said magic really broadens my own horizons! 

Moments ago, Sir Spooksalot said:

The purpose of the show is to enjoy it with friends so going from the start again is nothing short but a lovely experience! 

It gives a whole new perspective on all the events from My Little Pony and, in my case, allowed me to see some events with a whole new depth (what's being debated in this thread included). If we were going from season 5 I wouldn't be able to come up with some of things that came into my mind here:rarity:

Friendship is magic and here said magic really broadens my own horizons! 

*pouty* B-b-but.... season 5 D: !!! 
Also, I was excited to make it to season 6! Then.. see the Kirin! Then...

*gets dragged back to Season 1 and flails but then bursts into giggles to enjoy the ride all over again* 

3 minutes ago, Princess Silky said:

*pouty* B-b-but.... season 5 D: !!! 
Also, I was excited to make it to season 6! Then.. see the Kirin! Then...

*gets dragged back to Season 1 and flails but then bursts into giggles to enjoy the ride all over again* 

You bet I am very curious myself as to what the future brings! But gosh... the way we experienec this show now...

It literally feels like I never watched it before and I love it ;-; I can't wait for Discord's episodes with those new theories that were made in this thread. Give a whole new perspective to all the events! :fluttershy: