Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sun or Moon

Gourgeist

Sun and moon debate  

132 users have voted

1. 1. Sun or Moon?

• Sun
    • Moon

I hate the sun so much. It's too damn hot, even at 70+ and the rays are cancerous. They do damage to many things. The only good thing about the sun is it gives life and solar energy. 

The moon:

-does not have cancerous rays

-Is not freaking hot

-is much safer to look at

-is much more beautiful 

• Brohoof 9

The sun, however, is a lot more cheerful, bringing light into our lives and brightening up an otherwise dark and dreary day. The moon, while definately beautiful, doesn't bring that same sense of hope and optimism that the Sun brings.

Literally, too: when you're exposed to natural sunlight, your brain starts secreting small amounts of a certain hormone that helps fight depression.

• Brohoof 2

I personally love both the sun and moon.

For me, the sunset is so much more beautiful to look at then the moon. Especially out on a beach when there's plenty of wind. Its the orange and pink color that gets you, plus when there's clouds/no clouds (depending on what you like) then it enhances the effect.

Once the sun goes down though, you're out on a balcony looking at the beach, when suddenly a bright moon pops up in the sky. The air gets much cooler, and it becomes more enjoyable to look at the moon now then the sun. When there's a few stars, but only enough to space the rest out, it makes it look much more beautiful.

Edited by 1_0_4_3268764 0 OK 0
  • Brohoof 1

Screw the Sun, I love the Moon. It is very symbolic and is a beautiful spectacle to behold in one's eyes. I love it's radiance and there are many things associated with the Moon that I like.

• Brohoof 4

I like the moon. Why? Cause I do.

I like the sun. Why? Cause I do.

The sun hurts my eyes sometimes. Which I don't like. D: In all opinion, I prefer the moon, as I think it is prettier. Besides, I prefer the night, anyways.  I do find sunsets pretty, though...But I prefer the night. It grants me...Niceness, I guess. .3.

• Brohoof 1

I think I prefer the moon more to the sun mainly because I'm a night person :)

The Sun is still cool though because of the warmth it gives us witch I couldn't live without. 

• Brohoof 2

The moon all the way!

Why? I love the night, because I love staying up late, and partying with my friends! Plus, sometimes the Sun is to bright and hurts my eyes.I also love the moon, because it follow you where ever you go, and you feel like your never alone with it.

The night shall last forever!

7112166c.jpg

/)

Edited by Sir.Flutter Hooves
  • Brohoof 3

I like the moon better because it just calms me more than the blinding sun will ever do in the day. Nights are beautiful, the stars come out, the sky is dark, and there's a big ball of white light right there...

• Brohoof 2

Also, what does the sun do anyway?

It lights up the sky when it is already light outside. The moon, however, is useful and lights up the sky when it is dark and needs light. 

(Yes, I am joking. But  I still like the moon more.)

• Brohoof 2

I love the moon!

The night sky and shooting and bright stars really make the night look beautiful.

Unlike the sun, where it's hot and a bad sight to see due to it's temperature and reason for blindness, the moon is a view to see and the night is cool and breezy.

• Brohoof 2

Only dream I ever have... is it the surface of the sun? Everytime I shut my eyes... it's always the same.

tumblr_lywg7xzYLC1rnkis4o1_500.gif

All that is within us, all the energy that is stored in our bodies comes from the sun. It is incomprehensibly powerful. See that circle?

That's Mercury.

tumblr_ml21sz03z21qkktc4o1_500.gif

Searle: Icarus, how close is this to full brightness?

Icarus: At this distance of 36 million miles, you are observing the sun at two percent of full brightness.

Searle: Two percent? Can you show me four percent?

Icarus: Four percent would result in irreversible damage to your retinas.

The sun wins.

Edited by Circadian
  • Brohoof 1

I'm feeling poetic about this subject

~Oh gracious sun beating down on me for when I walk across the great desert. Why is it when the moon guides me into my travels however for rest and relaxation. But For when the sun beats across me I can no longer see the beautiful night sky guide my weary soul home. While the sun distort my view often leading me into despair. So is it to run fourth during the cool of night I can see the road ahead of me despite the dark abyss around me?~

Edited by ThePoliticalBrony

I love the night. I love to stay up late, and I hardly do any outdoor activities. That being said though I still love the sun. I was born in the summer.

The moon. I have always felt a connection to the moon, I have never really liked the sun... Its hot, too bright to look at properly, burns you and damages your skin... Though I obviously recognize and like what it is needed for, I just prefer the moon ^_^ 

Oh god, I actually 'hate' the sun. Q_Q

I really dislike bright things and when it gets really hot. And the sun is a megahuge hot ball of brightness! D:<

The moon is beautiful to me. <3

And it's only out during my favourite time of the day. Night is when it's calm, and cool, and all the pretty stars all come out to play and sparkle alongside the pretty, pretty moon. ;_;

Tbh, I really wished Nightmare Moon would make eternal night come true. 

It's hard to decide, but I'll go with the moon.  I've been a night person since I can remember and sometimes I seem to liven up at night.  All the lights of the city come on and I've always loved how skylines look at night.  When the moon comes out, things can really liven up, although some hella sketchy people come out too laugh.png .  You also can't usually rave at 1 in the afternoon, can you.

I also like the sun too.  On a sunny day, everything looks so nice and even the frigid water looks inviting.  I also would be very hesitant to go to some of the places I go during the day at night, especially alone.  I don't wanna get mugged/ shot.  The night is awesome, but a different element arises and safety can become more of a concern.  Places change at night. 

• Brohoof 1

The moon. I'm more of a night person, and i'm used to seeing the moon. I just find the moon more relaxing. The sun is awesome too, but sometimes it gets too hot.

• Brohoof 1

To heck with the sun, I'd rather go

To the Mooooooooooooooooon! 

Sorry, I just had to do that :P

The moon is really nice and shiny, and gives really nice light. Plus, it appears at night only (well, usually) and at night, you can also see comets! 

BUT

The moon gets its light from the sun

and without the sun, the moon would be invis

and grass and plants wouldn't be able to grow, etc. 

So my conclusion is moon is best sun.

• Brohoof 3

The Sun, definitely. It's this amazing NUCLEAR EXPLOSION of simple, common gases in the universe. It looms magnificently over the planets. Just the visual of tiny little Mercury being flung before this fiery beast of epic power is awesome. The visual of that little bright speck in the distance from Pluto is breathtaking. And you've got that epic dichotomy of it being both a giant burning mass of radiation and what makes life even possible. The Moon stabilizes the Earth's axis and makes tides. Meh.

• Brohoof 3

I thought it was appropriate to post this song in this thread :P

The sun is too hot. It's too warm and too bright. The moon on the other hand is chill, mysterious and beatiful, so screw the sun!

I'd say the moon because I'm more of a night wolf who enjoys the night time to go to bed. Furthermore, I like the sun better because it is a very beautiful site to see all across the universe which is made up of many gases and can basically burn anything to death. Very hard to decide between the beauty of the moon and the very magnificent sun. So I'll go with the Sun.

• Brohoof 2