Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite Moon?

Ac3xAssasin

Europa - Also a moon of Jupiter, it's covered entirely by ice, and may have liquid oceans underneath the ice, with the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's the best bet to find other lifeforms in the solar system.

Europa-moon.jpg

Edited by SolarFox
  • Brohoof 6

Yay! I love astronomy threads :D

It's hard to decide a favourite moon though. If I had to choose, I'd say Mimas.... IT'S THE DEATH STAR FROM STAR WARS!!!!!

Mimas_Cassini.jpg

Edited by Raritas
  • Brohoof 3

Moon, moon. ;D

MOON MOON!

Moon Moon is my favorite moon

Yes yes, I know. You all can calm down now.

Also my favorite moon is Titan, the largest moon of Saturn. It is very interesting because of its Earth-like weather patterns.

Edited by Moon Moon
  • Brohoof 3

All the people commenting "Moon is best moon." and such reminds me of a somewhat amusing story.

I've always thought the Earth's moon should be referred to as 'Luna' in the wider context of astronomy, (i.e. instead of "Earth's moon"). When I was a kid, around fifth grade, I saw a PBS show that stated the Romans considered their goddess Luna the divine manifested of the moon. Considering I knew other planets' moons were named after gods and goddesses, I generally assumed Earth's moon was officially named Luna.

Then one day in school, I referred to the moon as "Luna" and this kid next to me was like, "Ha! You watch Bear in the Big Blue House!" Thus, instead of being 'the smart kid', I came off as someone who still watched little kids' shows.

Today, I'm waiting for the International Astronomical Union to actually declare it officially named Luna so I can hear, "zomg, IAU are bronies!!" ^_^