Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Favorite game reviewer?

SIgmaBETA

I still watch the ones that have tried to adapt to new ways. Mainly reviewers who either review things they like or showing their true feelings towards games instead of trying to be the next funny/angry reviewer(basically people trying to be AVGN or NC)

• Brohoof 3

Gameranx isn't necessarily a game review channel, but it does provide insight into upcoming and newly released games. They frequently upload videos called "before you buy", where they address a game's strengths and weaknesses so that the viewer can gain a better understanding of what that game has to offer.

I don't have any particular game reviewers who I love, but occasionally I'll watch some of them. I'm not interested in game reviewers who bash games though, especially those who have hate towards the game that they are reviewing.

• Brohoof 2

AVGN, but due to their greater presence, some former amateur-now turned professional Mexican reviewers known as “3 Chubby Bastards”. Sadly, it’s all in Spanish, and I don’t know if their videos have captions, but if you know the language, feel free to watch ‘em :mlp_icwudt:

• Brohoof 1

22 hours ago, Sonic Shimmer said:

I don’t really trust video game reviewers these days. I look to see what other gamers think.

They”Re just like film critics, nothing about the quality of the work, but rather the amount of…. “Non sleepy things” in there :scoots:

• Brohoof 1

"Game critics f'ing suck!" - videogamedunkey 

This much is true, even as alternative game reviewers can be just as bad as the mainstream game reviewers at times (including dunkey). I trust no corporate shillery, but I do occasionally enjoy watching game reviews sometimes from people not trying to be diet AVGN or diet IGN. AVGN may be my all-time favorite game reviewer and I am amazed by how the quality of his content is still generally pretty good even after all these years, but my favorite underrated game reviewer is definitely TheGamingBritShow. His content is essentially like Jim Sterling's content done right. He's far more levelheaded, far better at delivering subtle, sarcastic jokes, and far better at going against the grain with controversial takes, knowing how to just...roll with them instead of getting super serious and having a massive ego with them. 

• 6 months later...

Like many others, I'll also vote for the AVGN. The guy's videos have aged amazingly well. I can still watch his reviews from like 2006 and honestly feel that the quality rivals content being released in current year.

I rarely watch Game reviewers anymore, the only ones who's still doing these I still watch are SomeCallMeJohnny and J Reviews

ngl I'm glad the era of youtubers adapting the "angry gamer" style of reviews(the dumb skits, the excessive anger and swearing, trashing games) is mostly dead

Edited by Megas

• 2 months later...

Does Gameranx count as a game reviewer? Like I watch that channel sometimes, especially the "before you buy" videos if I'm thinking about buying a game.

EDIT: I didn't realize that I already posted in this thread about Gameranx so I guess nothing has changed since the start of this year regarding what game reviewers I watch lol

Edited by EpicEnergy