Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which User Has The Best Avatar?

Fizz.

(edited)

Obviously me. Simple, well drawn, accurate to my username. Also, I never change it (except when I became Gordon Freeman during the Aperture Takeover)

EDIT: Also, I agree with dragonshy's post below. I would credit the artist of my avatar, but I found it on ponibooru and the artist wasn't listed last time I checked :/

EDIT: EDIT: Somehow, I didn't realize I was reading page 2, and missed dreamwalker saying mine was the best. So, apolgies, Dreamwalker, and a massive brohoof to you /)

Edited by Evilshy
  • Brohoof 1

Most of the avatars here are from artists that don't frequent the forums. If she gets so fussy for people admiring each others avatars, she needs to learn how to enjoy life. If you want me to, I could post my avatar and talk about how great the MLP designers are, but that's not what this thread is for, not at all. It isn't for praising the creators, it's for enjoying the avatars themselves. Seriously, if you make something, don't cry because people aren't praising you everytime they see it. I don't care if she made every avatar here, is it not enough people would say her work is good? Is she so starved for attention she needs to have it validated by someone going, "____'s avatar was made by dragonshy!" How about we just talk about the avatars and not the people behind them?

Get over it.

I'm a he FYI. I really think you are getting too mad over this. All I was saying was that I think that the artists should get credit or the avatars that they make. Most people don't metion who made the avatar in their signature. So that means that when someone says, "Who's avatar is the best?" Its not fair to reply that yours is, without AT LEAST giving the creator of the avatar at least shread of credit for it. But you're saying that the artist shouldn't get ANY credit. Also, telling me to "go away" for having a different opinion than you? Cmon man.

Most of the avatars here are from artists that don't frequent the forums. If she gets so fussy for people admiring each others avatars, she needs to learn how to enjoy life. If you want me to, I could post my avatar and talk about how great the MLP designers are, but that's not what this thread is for, not at all. It isn't for praising the creators, it's for enjoying the avatars themselves. Seriously, if you make something, don't cry because people aren't praising you everytime they see it. I don't care if she made every avatar here, is it not enough people would say her work is good? Is she so starved for attention she needs to have it validated by someone going, "____'s avatar was made by dragonshy!" How about we just talk about the avatars and not the people behind them?

Get over it.

:( I was just trying to help you by pointing out something you should know before continuing your conversation.

My previous post about me supporting Dragonshy simply meant that I thought that the creators of avatars should get credit as well, since they are usually overlooked.

Hm, I would also like to add that portraits and busts are make for the best visuals in my eyes. You get to focus on every detail of the character in said image and facial expression really makes a difference when choosing a preferred avatar. I get my first impressions of users from their avatars because it is what they want to portray and display to others that represents them properly. A good number of avatars are very nice here and I can instantly recognize the user via the colourful image as opposed to the text.

• Brohoof 1

I'm a he FYI. I really think you are getting too mad over this. All I was saying was that I think that the artists should get credit or the avatars that they make. Most people don't metion who made the avatar in their signature. So that means that when someone says, "Who's avatar is the best?" Its not fair to reply that yours is, without AT LEAST giving the creator of the avatar at least shread of credit for it. But you're saying that the artist shouldn't get ANY credit. Also, telling me to "go away" for having a different opinion than you? Cmon man.

I don't care if people give them credit or not, I'm saying there's no need to. If people truly cared who the artists were, then they would look it up. But we're just looking at images. Does everything in the world get credited? No! Hell, I've never seen a company credit those who made their products, but they advertise them as the best. The artist doesn't need credit. What I'm angry about is you coming in here and disrupting a thread. You didn't say add credit, you said the thread should be about the artists, and that's not what the thread is about. A ton of people here, myself included, probably don't even know/remember the creator!

I don't care if people give them credit or not, I'm saying there's no need to. If people truly cared who the artists were, then they would look it up. But we're just looking at images. Does everything in the world get credited? No! Hell, I've never seen a company credit those who made their products, but they advertise them as the best. The artist doesn't need credit. What I'm angry about is you coming in here and disrupting a thread. You didn't say add credit, you said the thread should be about the artists, and that's not what the thread is about. A ton of people here, myself included, probably don't even know/remember the creator!

No I didn't. Now your making things up. I said the artists should get credit from the beggining. You said that everything in the world isn't credited. So does that mean that YOU should do it to? No. Also, I gave my opinion in a post and you replied and I replied with my opinion. You then got mad. Then someone else commented and you started ranting about me behind my back. I'm not arguing with you about something in which you are in the wrong. Have a day.

-Dragonshy

In a perfect world, it would be nice if artists got credit for all their work. But I think you're operating under the assumption that most people actually know the artist of their avatar. I can't say one way or another whether this is true or not, but unless someone's avatar was made specifically for them- most probably don't know. I sure as hell haven't a clue who originally made fine, I found it somewhere in the depths of the internet years ago.

I suppose if you can, it would be the right thing to do to credit the artist who made it. But if you don't, it shouldn't be a problem at all, nothing worth starting a fight over.

• Brohoof 4

In a perfect world, it would be nice if artists got credit for all their work. But I think you're operating under the assumption that most people actually know the artist of their avatar. I can't say one way or another whether this is true or not, but unless someone's avatar was made specifically for them- most probably don't know. I sure as hell haven't a clue who originally made fine, I found it somewhere in the depths of the internet years ago.

I suppose if you can, it would be the right thing to do to credit the artist who made it. But if you don't, it shouldn't be a problem at all, nothing worth starting a fight over.

Most of the users on here get their avatar from this: http://mlpforums.com/topic/5573-free-avatars-for-everypony/

I like mine, I mean come on, how can you deny the awesomeness of twitchy Rarity? :huh: Narcissism aside, I can't decide! Most of you have pretty awesome avatars I must say. :)

Most of the users on here get their avatar from this: http://mlpforums.com...-for-everypony/

Fair enough, I was unaware of that topic. But without trying to sound like a jerk, I believe my point still remains valid; It's certainly the polite and kind thing to do to credit the original artist, but it shouldn't be a necessity, and definitely nothing worth getting upset over.
  • Brohoof 2

If your avatar was specifically made for you, you should at least try to give the artist a nod either in your profile or signature as common courtesy.

If you got your avatar from a google search, ponibooru, or any random place where there's pony pics, it would be very hard to find out the original artist and you shouldn't feel obligated to hunt it down.

In other words, have common sense and courtesy.

• Brohoof 4

If your avatar was specifically made for you, you should at least try to give the artist a nod either in your profile or signature as common courtesy.

If you got your avatar from a google search, ponibooru, or any random place where there's pony pics, it would be very hard to find out the original artist and you shouldn't feel obligated to hunt it down.

In other words, have common sense and courtesy.

Finally someone who makes sense! Oh and Absract too.

Fair enough, I was unaware of that topic. But without trying to sound like a jerk, I believe my point still remains valid; It's certainly the polite and kind thing to do to credit the original artist, but it shouldn't be a necessity, and definitely nothing worth getting upset over.

No I know! I agree, but if they do know they should at least try. :)
  • Brohoof 1

No I know! I agree, but if they do know they should at least try. :)

Excellent, we're all on the same page now? Let's stop this silly bickering, and practice the love and tolerance that we all preach ;)

To actually get on the topic at hand.. I don't think I could really pick a favorite so far. There's certainly more then a few classics that I just haven't been around here long enough to remember exactly what they are and who has them, if that makes sense. (I can be incredibly awkward when it comes to wording sometimes.) My own avatar has a couple special meanings to me; I even have a tattoo of it.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

Excellent, we're all on the same page now? Let's stop this silly bickering, and practice the love and tolerance that we all preach ;)

To actually get on the topic at hand.. I don't think I could really pick a favorite so far. There's certainly more then a few classics that I just haven't been around here long enough to remember exactly what they are and who has them, if that makes sense. (I can be incredibly awkward when it comes to wording sometimes.) My own avatar has a couple special meanings to me; I even have a tattoo of it.

Posted Image

Great quote in your signature! Also, now that I know that you have a tattoo of your profile pic, I think it became 20% cooler!

(edited)

I vote for myself. :3

After seeing Doctor XFizzle's comment, common courtesy has reminded me that I did not make this original avatar I have now. I apologize to the original artist who did make this, because I absolutely love this picture, and to others that may have been offended (I don't know who, just enjoy this heartfelt speech). If this means I won't win this debate, then so be it. I will step down and let a fellow brony/pegasister be the winner instead. (:

Edited by Little Miss Fluttershy
  • Brohoof 6

lol. OP how did you think this would go down? xD

I vote for Dragonshy's old avatar that the mods asked to be removed :ph34r:

• Brohoof 2

Great quote in your signature! Also, now that I know that you have a tattoo of your profile pic, I think it became 20% cooler!

The great Billy Corgan. ;) I appreciate the compliment, I more often get "Why the **** would you do that?" :P

I'm sure more than a few of the avatars that catch my eye around here were made by yourself; a few people have given you credit in their sigs, and I can't say I've found one that hasn't stopped me scrolling through a topic to appreciate it. Keep up the amazing work!

I vote for myself. :3

It certainly is a pretty one. :)
  • Brohoof 1