Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if Starlight Glimmer kept being a villain in the show?

Ring Team

One of the most jarring and underwhelming aspects in Friendship is Magic was the fact that, despite Starlight got a second chance by Twilight in season 5, she kept torturing or tricking other ponies, occasionaly without their consent. And, since I've been reading some "what if" threads here, I'd like to ask: How would this TV show have been if Starlight kept being a villain?

To me, I think it would have been like I pictured the show if Chrysalis was a recurrent villain, with a constant presence that affects the show in one way or another. It wouldn't be necessarily as epic as A Canterlot Wedding or Twilight's Kingdom, but it could have been a mix of comedy and some heaviness in the stories. These seasons had 26 episodes per season, so I could imagine like her appearing in 6 episodes per season until she prepares for a dangerous plan that affects Twilight's life (it wouldn't be the first time after all).

How do you think the TV show would have been like if Starlight was a villain forever?

• Brohoof 1

There could have been many possibilities with that idea .. Most likely she would have turned up now and they to cause havoc and they would have dealt with her in the final episode of season nine. I would also be pretty certain that she would have played a big part in that final. With the current season 9 they should us already the point of view of the villains with planning and plotting. I would be pretty sure this would have been a much stronger with a not reformed Starlight being part of this group.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here's what I think could have happened if Starlight remained a villain and if the show took a dark turn. Starlight would have successfully stopped the mane six from being friends. Still thirsting for vengeance though, she wouldn't have stopped there. Starlight would go on to attempt to erase the mane six from existence, effectively destroying Equestria. She would then recreate "our town" as a "safe" place from the enemies of Equestria and force everypony to either join her or be destroyed.

That hypothetical situation is not realistic though since the show couldn't be dark.

I think it would've been interesting. Having Starlight screwing with the Mane Six and causing problems for them from background would've been a neat way of keeping things interesting. I couldn't tell you if that would've worked better than what we got though.

I needed more of her in Season 5. 4 (+1 little scene) was not enough. If she had been the main villain for the rest of the series, I would have been fine with it! She was maybe too complex for children to understand though.

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Cash_In said:

I think it would've been interesting. Having Starlight screwing with the Mane Six and causing problems for them from background would've been a neat way of keeping things interesting. I couldn't tell you if that would've worked better than what we got though.

She still does....

On 2023-04-03 at 3:21 PM, Ring Team said:

I don't think she's complex, more like confusing.

To be fair she's pretty confusing for young audiences, They won't really get all the story elements about her