Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I watch it for the plot, but let’s cut the croup-

ManaMinori

For a long time, I’ve been seeing internet memes of pastel colored pony rear ends with the tagline being “I watch it for the plot”, and that’s all well and good, but it makes me wonder…what the heck is a pony plot?! The emphasis is on butts here, but the butt of a horse is called a croup , not a “plot”, so I feel like the croup, I mean, crap needs to be cut, since there is no “plot “ on the anatomy of an equine. 

what say you folks about this?!

• Brohoof 1

It's a joke. "Plot" here refers to the story. There is a justification for watching a fanservice-y anime that the story is good enough to ignore the fanservice and watch the show for the story (plot) and not because the characters are almost naked. Someone could joke that some body parts of the character are the "plot" and the main reason you watch the anime. This was also applied to MLP - "I watch it for the plot and not because of cute ponies, that is girly, but the story is good enugh to watch it despite the girliness" or something like that.

Of course, the show does feature a lot of pony rear ends, so somebody made that picture and the word "plot" began to be used to refer to the rear end of a MLP character.

• Brohoof 6

18 hours ago, ManaMinori said:

what say you folks about this?!

I say the image has been removed due to the suggestive context of it all but other than that. Interesting topic. I had no idea there was a specific term for such an anatomy. If you have any questions in regards to potentially suggestive content on our site, please visit here.

Other than that, carry on and enjoy the conversation, lovelies.