Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Anyone Enjoy Cutting Grass?

Phosphor

I hate cutting grass. I have several acres that are cleared, but the property is very rough. I keep the tire pressures on the mower pretty low so I don't fall apart while riding. lol. :dash:

I have a 60" Toro Z-Master Commercial mower

Anyone here enjoy cutting grass? What kinda lawnmower do you own?

• Brohoof 3

I don't really mind it. As long as the ground isn't wet as hell to where my feet sink into the mud then it's fine.

The mower I have is some Craftsman push mower. I think I would fall off a riding mower with the hilly terrian here. :fiery:

• Brohoof 1

I actually like mowing the lawn. That's MY job! It's sort of restful in a Zen way. While not a riding mower, it's powered, and I just follow along and steer. Thankfully our back yard, while large, is nicely level. Not far past it though, we have some woods. Past the fence, there be weeds! It's not bad though. We have a neighbor who goes back there a couple times a season and annihilates them nearly to the trees with his big ol' riding mower! 

Now if I could just convince all the critters to respect the fence! We get occasional visitors.

LOL

• Brohoof 2

Hmm, do I like to cut grass? Sure I do! I like it just as much as mending a leaky toilet, patching the roof during a violent thunderstorm or something really fun like going to the dentist for gum surgery. Lawn mowing sucks. Mowers are always breaking down, especially the riding mowers which are supposed to simplify your life. One little rock and 'sproing!' goodbye mandrel! I always get cooked by sunburn, eaten alive by bugs, stung by bees, and suffer hay fever allergies for the next week. Sure, I love to cut grass. :okiedokieloki:

I live in an apartment but I still have to mow my parents' lawn every two weeks. Lucky me! :fabulous:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I live in the city suburbs so...we don't have much lawn to mow. But it is just enough to get a good workout in, especially in this Florida humidity. :-D That being said, I LOVE mowing the lawn. Like seriously. The smell of freshly cut grass afterward and just standing there admiring your work after your finished...and then taking a nice cold shower....few things are better. ^_^ We have just a generic push mower with a pull string starter. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 3

I love mowing. I have so many mowers it ain't funny. Then I got my Dixon zero turn and it was never the same again. In college though we have a small yard and that kinda bums me out. I loved doing our big yard back home. It took 3 hours and I could just sit back, relax, and listen to music while I went back and forth across the lawn all afternoon.

• Brohoof 3

I pretty much enjoy mowing the lawn. I always get that feeling of satisfaction after completing everything. That's if that lawn mower I use is a nice new one and not one of those old hand propelled ones that my dad makes me use sometimes. 

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Cyclone1066 said:

It took 3 hours and I could just sit back, relax, and listen to music while I went back and forth across the lawn all afternoon.

That ain't real work, brud. 

15 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

That ain't real work, brud. 

If you saw how good it looked you wouldn't have said that. And you need ear protection anyway, might as well play music through your earplugs.

It takes me about 2-3 hours to mow most of the lawn in one go, and that's not counting the weed-eating. We do have a large-ish property, but plenty of it is also rough and we have a sizeable hill. The mower I use is a 2017 Troy-Bilt Bronco riding mower, and the weed-eater is a Bolens.

Do I like mowing the lawn? Honestly; no, but I don't complain as I'm the only one who can do it now in the immediate family. While it is a riding mower it can be pretty rough, especially on my back, and the weed-eater is worse. Weed-eating alone can take over 2 hours, so...yeah.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I’ve never been allowed to use a lawnmower; first my dad didn’t trust me with it (this was up until I was 13), then my mom decided to get professional lawn mowers since she thought it would look nicer than if I did it. And now I live in an apartment-style building.

Not that I ever really wanted to :P. And I think fresh-cut grass smells okay, but it’s not one of my favorite smells.

Edited by SparklingSwirls
  • Brohoof 1

I liked mowing the lawn when I had grass to mow.  I normally used a push-mower when I did mow grass and it was rewarding to see my work after I was done.  It was always worth getting blisters over(even with gloves on I'd always get blisters), even though I'm allergic to freshly cut grass I still enjoy the smell...  Then I had to run inside before I started having a sneezing fit or something...

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

heh,interesting question.Since this is a job I do very frequently.

Come to think of it,I LOVE mowing.Especially when its with the Exmark Zero turn and the property is large enough for me to take my time and just chill.

That being said, I HATE weedeating.

Edited by Messy Mane
  • Brohoof 2

• 4 years later...

I don't really enjoy it, but it's not really bad as long as I don't get a headache from being in the sun.

41 minutes ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

I miss the old days cutting grass.  It gets the legs up and moving:dash:  

I help my dad mow by using the pushmower to get the spots that are hard to get to with the riding mower (it's not a zero turn). So yep I do the workout mower!

• Leaves 2

On 5/11/2019 at 7:37 PM, Messy Mane said:

heh,interesting question.Since this is a job I do very frequently.

Come to think of it,I LOVE mowing.Especially when its with the Exmark Zero turn and the property is large enough for me to take my time and just chill.

That being said, I HATE weedeating.

Basically this. It’s (relatively) easy money.