Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Birds!

DubWolf

The official MLPF thread about birds :kirin: ! Which is your favorite? Small birds? Big birds? Flying birds? Flightless? Seabirds? Living? Extinct? Don't like birds? Tell us here!

My turn,

Yes, if you've talked to me recently, you're probably thinking "yup, he's making a thread to talk about that bird" (all 2 of you!), and you're darn right.

This, is the shoebill stork:

Spoiler

You, like many others, are probably thinking "is that real? It looks ancient" It sure is. It's scientific name is also fittingly B. Rex, short for Baeliniceps Rex. Located in the swamps of Africa, there exist over 5000 of them in the wild (classified as vulnerable). Their diet is mostly fish, but may eat smaller reptiles, including young crocodiles if around.

Most humorous about them (other than their looks) is their rapid beak chattering, often done randomly or what may appear as a greeting. Equally as such, they often bow and nod their heads, not to show disapproval (though that is the joke), but a habit they have to "dislodge food from their mouth", though it could be used for mating, possibly.

Edited by DubWolf
  • Brohoof 1

I love birds. I had a couple of birds as pets - a cockatiel and budgie. Cute creatures, but it's best for me not to own anymore pet birds due to my sensitive ears.

I enjoy birds in the wild. I love the songbirds. Especially those chubby ones. I don't know what they're called, but they are adorable.

• Brohoof 1

TheRockARooster asked me this a couple of days ago! i'm pretty partial to sparrows and finches. they're so cute.

i also love birds of prey. the fact that avians can get as big as eagles is just fascinating to me~

• Brohoof 1

I love birds of all kind but I really like talking birds witch is a lot of parrots but also some local wild birds to like crows and starlings. hummingbirds have a special place in my heart to becouse of my grampa.

unfortunately I developed a lung disease and am not even spose to be in a room with any birds after having 8 beautiful birds of my own for many years. (2 cockiteals, 3 parakeets, a morning dove, a green cheek conure and a baby African grey) I had to give them all to a rescue becuse of the disease witch I would die from was very traumatizing for me as I’m sure them to. I loved them so much. I miss them so much and wish I could see them again. Now I can just get excited going into the pet stores and talking to the parakeets. They don’t take the best care of them there but it’s all I got and honestly I’m not even spose to do that. :scoota-sad:

I still love them so much their beautiful and all have amazing personalities…

2 minutes ago, Fluttershutter said:

They are honorable birds. 

You can see they're actually a bit like pelicans, not actual storks.

Oh yes, I believe they are classified as such.

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Fluttershutter said:

Corvids(crows and ravens) are definitely my favorites birds. They're super smart, they can speak human words, they play with wolves. :squee:

Meet Loki - an overly affectionate raven who likes to CUDDLE - Real-Fix

Crow - Wikipedia

Meet Loki - an overly affectionate raven who likes to CUDDLE - Real-Fix

Same here!! I love Corvids!!

• Brohoof 1