Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Birds!

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

I really love all kinds of birds, especially owls, falcons, and those which are commonly kept as pets. Owls are just so beautiful and majestic, but another reason I adore them would have to be due to the 'Legend of the Guardians' movie. It's one of my favourite movies, particularly animation-wise. My favourite kind, I'd say, are Western Screech Owls and Great Greys. Anyway, I also love budgies, parrots, and the like, along with macaws. Again, stunning, and very colourful, I would love to one day have one as a pet. Most likely a parakeet, as my friend had one which was extremely friendly and liked to sit atop my head.  :P And falcons? They're just awesome. Such skilled hunters and flyers, and the speeds which a Peregrine Falcon can reach whilst diving are amazing!  :squee:

budgie2.jpggreat_gray_owl_chris_wood_glamor.jpgfalcon.jpg

Edited by Wolves
  • Brohoof 2

What really gets me, though, are those adorable birds out in the wild with their big puffy bodies and tiny little heads!

sig-4375482.wren.jpg

WRENS!  :love:

There was a wren nest in my backyard last summer! I was sooo lucky to be around when the six babies left the nest and hopped around exploring the neighbourhood! THEY WERE SO ADORABLE, I JUST-

• 1 month later...

I always thought all types of birds were pretty awesome and interesting. They seem pretty smart and they're just adorable or look cool. :) I have birds of my own, they're budgies. I tried uploading a picture of them but I really cant figure out how here lol.

love birds! They're so cute and fluffy and friendly for something that is tiny and can just choose to leave you at any moment. I don't think I have a favourite bird - they're all glorious for different reasons. I do have a certain soft spot for small, fluffy round ones though - they are just so adorably pomf.

Especially these guys. Just look at that body like it's a cloud is it even real

48.jpg

141.jpg

That's a Japanese Long-tailed tit for y'all who want to bask in the google images

I used to have two budgies, but then a stray cat knocked over their cage and they flew away :c I want to have a cockatiel at some point, but I've committed to a kitty for now ^^

• Brohoof 1

I like watching birds peck their beaks at the ground. We haven't had a lot of rain lately so we just throw bird seed onto our front porch. We have a lot of Spruce Trees that attract Cardinals. Haven't really seen that much this year though. :wat:

Just Chicadees and Barn Sparrows. Maybe some Robins of we're lucky. :)

I want a pet Cardinal so bad. xD

Edited by CinnamonPop
  • Brohoof 2

I have a bunch of different birds in my backyard that hang around. I like to consider them my free range outdoor pets: 

The cardinals (a male and female)

X4duHaz.jpg

2U7aLWs.jpg

I3hzSGX.jpg

The bluejay: 

0Jj7avV.jpg

ILNPBgT.jpg

Bluejay with the woodpecker: 

kmj32Wp.jpg

Red-tailed hawk: 

SN0cQJR.jpg

I also have an owl that hangs around, but I don't have a picture. He only comes out at night, but I know he's there because I can hear him from my bathroom window. 

I've always been fascinated by crows. They're so intelligent, and if not quite friendly, then quite trusting. I love birds, as long as they're not nesting in the roof, stealing my food or shitting on my head. I live near the coast, so Seagulls can be a pain at times, but usually they're all right.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...

I know a lot of wild birds. I used to photograph them as a hobby. I can detect them by their calling sounds.

I have also had chicken, turkeys, and ducks. I currently only have my pet ducks which I care for really well, making sure they have the best food and the most fun they can have, clean yards, and a big pool with new clean water to swim in :catface:

While I like turkeys the most, because of they special unique behavior, they are difficult to deal with. They head off by themselves, they are difficult socialized animals, with a unique language that takes years to understand. I have never before seen such interesting behaviors from new born chicks as well:
turkey-chick.jpg

• Brohoof 1

@Lucky Bolt When it comes to beautiful lovely birds in Florida, I have to recommend the common ibis :ButtercupLaugh:

220px-White_Ibis_in_Florida.jpg

My favorite ones are the ones that walk diagonally over the fields. Such magnificent .... They are scavengers, common, boring I know :wacko:

2 hours ago, Super Splashee said:

@Lucky Bolt When it comes to beautiful lovely birds in Florida, I have to recommend the common ibis :ButtercupLaugh:

220px-White_Ibis_in_Florida.jpg

My favorite ones are the ones that walk diagonally over the fields. Such magnificent .... They are scavengers, common, boring I know :wacko:

Everglade Chickens! That's what folks around here call them. :laugh:

I would say I like owls, toucans, and cardinals. At my parent's house there's a purple bush that is reddish near the top. A pair of cardinals used to make a nest every year when I was a kid and you could watch them out the front window. I also like to hear mourning doves. There is a few that hang out near my house.

(edited)
On 2/12/2016 at 9:32 AM, s.slug said:

Oh yes! ...a topic about birds.  An obsession of mine, and I mean big time.  I'd love to have an African grey parrot, but right now I don't have enough time as one would need.  Otherwise, right now I've just got some regular barnyard birds... chickens, guinea hens, and some peacocks which are neat I guess.  I've been feeding peanuts to the blue jays here, and right now I've got a flock of about 50 that have started screaming at me through the window every morning at daybreak.  They're my horrible, horrible alarm clock. 

My favorite bird is probably the shoebill stork.  For no other reason than they look awesome.  I'd like to paint a picture of one of them someday soon.

sWZrxsx.jpg

Shoebills are awesome.

I love ravens

and cassowaries

Southern Cassowary, Kuranda, Queensland, Australia, November 2010 ...

and vutures

Vulture.jpg

Oh, and humming birds

Hummingbirds.jpg

Edited by Fluttershutter

15 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Everglade Chickens! That's what folks around here call them.

I miss Florida, with the cute Everglade Chickens and Philodendrons :ButtercupLaugh::wacko:

Just now, Lucky Bolt said:

Oh is THAT what those are called! :awwthanks:

It took me forever to find the names of those! Also they are mentioned in MLP FIM Season 1 Episode 2, the ponies are attacked by them (they are alive in the everfree forest spla_creepo.png)