Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Jolly cooperation (Dark Souls and Soulsborne games))

Hadrien

A dedicated post? Wooohooo!!! Thank you, Hadrien!!

Ahem... I would like to start off by saying this: what I know comes from watching other people play, for I only tried the first game, and got stuck on my way to...Quelaag. I know. :scoota-sad:

I find it kind of funny, to imagine my hypothetical build would change drastically, if I was actually in that universe. In the human world, I would go in safety mode, with the longest spear and most protective armour. But, in Dark Souls, I would absolutely love to learn frost magic, like Priscilla's breath.

8 minutes ago, Wolf of Shadows said:

This was me 4 years ago lol

Also my Xbox gamertag changed from GoodlyPython82 to GodlyWolf82 

Goodlypython was a name the xbox itself gave me

Hehehe. There is a certain serenity in your character, sitting down, watching the other players run around, to then decide that play-time was over.

• Hugs 1

1 minute ago, Florana said:

A dedicated post? Wooohooo!!! Thank you, Hadrien!!

Ahem... I would like to start off by saying this: what I know comes from watching other people play, for I only tried the first game, and got stuck on my way to...Quelaag. I know. :scoota-sad:

I find it kind of funny, to imagine my hypothetical build would change drastically, if I was actually in that universe. In the human world, I would go in safety mode, with the longest spear and most protective armour. But, in Dark Souls, I would absolutely love to learn frost magic, like Priscilla's breath.

If you ever decide to retry it, let us know and we will help you out and cooperate to get you unstuck lol

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Wolf of Shadows said:

If you ever decide to retry it, let us know and we will help you out and cooperate to get you unstuck lol

Really? That would be awesome!! Aww, thank you kindly. :PIPPIPHURRAY:

I might give it a try this weekend, start out with a new character.

• Delighted Giggle 1

1 hour ago, Florana said:

Got stuck in blighttown like most of us, didnt you hahaha

And to let you know @Florana, the double kamehameha build uses the Comet Azur spells, which fire a beam you can maintain for as long as you have FP or mana. There an item that lets you have infinite FP for a short period of time, so you use that item, fire off your Comet and watch everything melts. For bonus points, you summon a double of yourself for maximum carnage

• smile 2

3 hours ago, Hadrien said:

Got stuck in blighttown like most of us, didnt you hahaha

And to let you know @Florana, the double kamehameha build uses the Comet Azur spells, which fire a beam you can maintain for as long as you have FP or mana. There an item that lets you have infinite FP for a short period of time, so you use that item, fire off your Comet and watch everything melts. For bonus points, you summon a double of yourself for maximum carnage

That's not really a cheat so much as just being an OP strategy lol

• Delighted Giggle 1

14 minutes ago, Wolf of Shadows said:

That's not really a cheat so much as just being an OP strategy lol

And it's not fool proof. It doesn't work against faster bosses, like Malenia, or any bosses with multiple enemies. But against single target huge slow bosses, like almost every dragons or the Fire Giant, it just melts them into nothing.

4 hours ago, Hadrien said:

Aaah, I see. Tempting, considering the insane damage, and I like how spells look, but I am not sure if I would want to break the game right away. Is this the reason to why some people call sorceries the "easy mode"?

7 minutes ago, Florana said:

Aaah, I see. Tempting, considering the insane damage, and I like how spells look, but I am not sure if I would want to break the game right away. Is this the reason to why some people call sorceries the "easy mode"?

Pretty much lol. But some bosses are resistant to magic

But those who are resistant to magic are usually vulnerable to physical damage, and there a spell in the gravity school of sorcery that throws big rocks that deal physical damage based on your intelligence and staff power. So yeah, sorceries are reaaaaaaaaally good hahaha.

About that... I think I'm still banned on Dark Souls 2 and 3 for duplicating the respecing items :blush:  I didn't use cheats to boost my levels, I just wanted to try new builds..... But apparently, FromSoft reaaaaaaally don't like people using cheat engine and banished me to the moon for a thousand years (honestly it's been 7 years, can't they just let it go)

I adore basically all of these games, even Dark Souls 2 to a degree. Picking a favorite is tough, but of the Souls games specifically, I would say that the third is my favorite. It lacks the sort of Metroidvania quality of the first game, but it makes up for it with some truly incredible boss fights, especially in the DLC. I never did get into the multiplayer portions of the game though, mostly since I don't pay for online subscriptions.

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, The Recherche said:

I adore basically all of these games, even Dark Souls 2 to a degree. Picking a favorite is tough, but of the Souls games specifically, I would say that the third is my favorite. It lacks the sort of Metroidvania quality of the first game, but it makes up for it with some truly incredible boss fights, especially in the DLC. I never did get into the multiplayer portions of the game though, mostly since I don't pay for online subscriptions.

I agree. Dark souls 3 does have the most epic boss fights but it lacks the originals flair.

Dark souls 2 was the game that introduced me to the series, so honestly I have a found respect for it. It's may not be the best, control wise but it was still a fun play regardless. Scholarship of the first sin edition can burn in the deepest pits though lol. That version made it worse lol.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, The Recherche said:

It lacks the sort of Metroidvania quality of the first game, but it makes up for it with some truly incredible boss fights, especially in the DLC.

I think this is what makes the first one so special to me, butbthe 3rd one is my favorite mechanically. I love the crafting system with the infusion, the weapons are cooler (the Astora Greatsword is still my fav weapon in all Soulsborne games, you can hit enemies 2 zipcodes away its great.)

2 hours ago, Wolf of Shadows said:

Scholarship of the first sin edition can burn in the deepest pits though lol. That version made it worse lol.

DS2 was also my first foray into the FromSoft game, and hilds a special place in my heart. But the DLCs can go burn in Tartarus forever for being so ridiculously ballbreaking hard

• Brohoof 1

I learnt about the trilogy in order, but it would be pretty hard for me to pick just one as my favourite. What first comes to mind, though, is that Dark Souls 3's soundtrack enchanted me the most. And to make things better, there is a YouTube channel that uploaded all the bosses, but with the music turned up!!

1 hour ago, Hadrien said:

But the DLCs can go burn in Tartarus forever for being so ridiculously ballbreaking hard

And let's not get started on the co-op areas. I do not look forward to those... But I give the Ivory King DLC a pass, for having an icy thematic, hehe.

4 hours ago, Florana said:

And let's not get started on the co-op areas. I do not look forward to those... But I give the Ivory King DLC a pass, for having an icy thematic, hehe.

The co-op areas, omg. Forgot about those, well more like unconsciously erase from my memory. And yeah, the Ivory King wasn't the *worst*, that's still the slumbering city, but that fog of war was a pain. Dark Souls 2 was way too long for how hard it was hahahaha

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Wolf of Shadows said:

I agree. Dark souls 3 does have the most epic boss fights but it lacks the originals flair.

Dark souls 2 was the game that introduced me to the series, so honestly I have a found respect for it. It's may not be the best, control wise but it was still a fun play regardless. Scholarship of the first sin edition can burn in the deepest pits though lol. That version made it worse lol.

Scholarship definitely amped up the gank squads, which was quite annoying. I did appreciate the addition of Aldia's character though; he is possibly one of the most interesting, not to mention quotable, characters in the Souls Trilogy. The DLC also added some much needed good boss fights as well. Dark Souls 2 is the least polished of the games for sure, but I still really enjoy its tone and atmosphere. It truly does feel like an epic quest, but one rife with doubt and sorrow. The Vendrick reveal is among my favorite moments in the entire franchise because of this; it completely recontextualizes everything you have done up to that point, without making any of it feel pointless.

8 hours ago, Hadrien said:

I think this is what makes the first one so special to me, butbthe 3rd one is my favorite mechanically. I love the crafting system with the infusion, the weapons are cooler (the Astora Greatsword is still my fav weapon in all Soulsborne games, you can hit enemies 2 zipcodes away its great.)

I truthfully never bothered with infusion, but having so many options is indeed very cool. I am partial to the Black Knight weapons myself; especially the greataxe. I adore how much crunch and impact it has.

• Brohoof 1

34 minutes ago, The Recherche said:

I truthfully never bothered with infusion, but having so many options is indeed very cool. I am partial to the Black Knight weapons myself; especially the greataxe. I adore how much crunch and impact it has.

Ah yes, the good ol' Panini Press technique, very cool, much crunch :laugh:

On 2023-10-07 at 11:03 AM, Hadrien said:

And yeah, the Ivory King wasn't the *worst*, that's still the slumbering city, but that fog of war was a pain.

Do you mean the Frigid Outskirts? I believe it's generally accepted by the community how awful that area is. Infinitely-spawning reindeer chasing you, while also barely seeing a thing...seriously?

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Florana said:

Do you mean the Frigid Outskirts? I believe it's generally accepted by the community how awful that area is. Infinitely-spawning reindeer chasing you, while also barely seeing a thing...seriously?

And that's on top of everything else. I saw a small documentary on youtube about the first guy who did a no-hit run on DS2, including DLCs. The Ivory King dlc is just brutal hahaha.

• Brohoof 1

Yesterday, I started my comeback at Dark Souls PtDE. My friends were cheering me on through the first areas, and it's being so much fun, but when I went back to the Stray Demon, well... Are pillars supposed to be like this, or is this some kind of chaos intervention?

IMG_20231007_061943_778~2.jpg

• Shocked 1

9 minutes ago, Florana said:

Yesterday, I started my comeback at Dark Souls PtDE. My friends were cheering me on through the first areas, and it's being so much fun, but when I went back to the Stray Demon, well... Are pillars supposed to be like this, or is this some kind of chaos intervention?

IMG_20231007_061943_778~2.jpg

Chaos intervention I would say :ooh:. I don't recall ever seeing that. What are you playing on?

• Excited 1

38 minutes ago, Wolf of Shadows said:

Chaos intervention I would say :ooh:. I don't recall ever seeing that. What are you playing on?

I am playing on PC. If it helps, the picture was taken after trading with Snuggly the crow, and falling to the arena for a second time.

• Shocked 1