Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you still have a kid's soul?

marlyly

I dont know why :huh:  but today I remembered one of the first book I red by myself that makes me think deeply.

I'm not gonna tel the name of it (you might guess) but thinking about it raised a question.

Is there still a place for a child in our soul when we grow up? :huh:

Just to see if there is a kid inside of you, answer this question, dont pay attention to the other answers before giving yours, that's cheating:

chapeau01.jpg

What is this?

Some of you might allready know the answer, ;) keep it guys ;) , dont spoil the surprise.

• Brohoof 10

hmm...well....assuming reincarnation exists. I probably have a lot of things in my soul, including but not limited to, various children, men, women, and possibly animals and bugs. 

As for the picture....A snake who just ate a pumpkin? That or a really lumpy felt hat with a pin hole in the brim.

Three possibilities jumped to mind, two of them are kind of weird

1. A hat

2. An oddly shaped piece of toast with markings that look a lot like Celestia

3. A snake that ate a giant peanut.

This probably indicates that I'm a child at heart, but I don't know.

Edited by MelancholicMemory

Indiana Jones? 

I'm just guessing because I saw a picture of a hat and instantly thought of the Indiana Jones films :) 

If I'm not right, give us more clues!

My answer is in the spoiler for safety reasons.

Don't go past this if you haven't answered yet.

Hey! Don't cheat!

Elephant eaten by a snake. Definitely. Not to mention the goat hiding in his little pen. Oh man, I loved that story.

Edited by The Alicorn Amulet
  • Brohoof 3

I see a snake that just had quite a large meal. :P

On the subject of being a kid at heart, in the immortal words of C.S. Lewis -

“When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

Growing old is something we can't choose to do, it's just a matter of the unstoppable flow of time. Growing up, however, that's something we can control. The world has so many wonders...it's almost magical. There's so many things to see and experience. The world is such a colorful, wonderful place when you view it through the eyes of a child, and that's something I don't think we should be forced to give up at some arbitrary age.

If you lose wonder, you lose a large part of what makes life worth living. That's something I would never give up.

Edited by Sky Nomad
  • Brohoof 5

I will have to say that is a hat ...

Yeah, definitely a hat

Also,

I DO tend to find myself acting rather childish a lot more than usual

I feel more like I am a twelve year old in a grown up body

I see a giant snake that just ate either a snowman or mr. Peanut, but I also see an old cowboy hat.

As for the "Is there still a place for a child in our soul when we grow up?" question, I think my above statement answers it sufficiently. 

I am 17 right now, but I don't feel like 17, to be honest. I think I'll be a child for the rest of my life. I enjoy doing childish things like cartoons, comics, collecting toys and so on.

Growing up has always been my greatest fear, since I was a little kid. All children wanted to be an adult already, but I was crying myself to sleep, because I knew I would grow up in the end. If I had choice, I would be 10 years old forever.

The picture? Of course I know what's on it. "The Little Prince" is one of the best books I ever read.

• Brohoof 1

Three possibilities jumped to mind, two of them are kind of weird

1. A hat

2. An oddly shaped piece of toast with markings that look a lot like Celestia

3. A snake that ate a giant peanut.

This probably indicates that I'm a child at heart, but I don't know.

That's almost exactly what i got except for answer 2 I guessed a snail without a shell. and 3 i guessed a snake that ate a human being. lol

Seen this before, so I guess I shouldn't spoil it. (If I even remember the correct answer, it might be different.) But yeah, I still do. I keep it locked up in my basement.

• Brohoof 1

I am just about 30. So I am way past a kid. But, let me tell you something just because you're an adult doesn't mean you have to give up childhood things. I am probably never going to grow too old for cartoons or whatever else. There's just a certain part of me that makes me feel good . I am not even gonna guess the picture because that's how far off I'll probably be. :)

Haha, I've never really had much of a kid's soul. I was and continue to be the serious type that never lets their guard down. The only thing about me that I consider "childish" is my natural curiosity for things I don't understand.

Ok, onto the question.

WARNING: SPECULATION BELOW

My imagination appears to be broken, but I will try anyway. I see a hat or perhaps a snake that decided to eat an elephant or hippo.

WARNING: SPECULATION ABOVE

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 1

For the most part this world (or at least this country) is a miserable place, filled with cynical, weary people who are quick to anger. Listening to their advice on where my priorities should lie and what is acceptable for me to do based on my age or any other criteria seems like not the best of ideas. One is never too old for anything they enjoy. If more people retained some of their childhood hobbies and fascinations they might find themselves much happier. A dull job in a drab building might be necessary for some, including myself, but letting that be the entirety of one's existence is no way to live.

• Brohoof 2

I spy... A victim of Nurgle's Rot in his advanced phase of rebirth

I believe I still have my inner children, I like to spend my free time imagining various things and scenarios in my head. Sometimes I wrote them, sometimes I simply took note of them so I won't forget about it.

Yes, there should be a place in our hearts for our inner children. If we forgot how to smile and enjoy his world, might as well strap ourself to a machine and work 24/7

• Brohoof 1

The picture to me looks like a fat Lochness moster thats just eaten and is now feeling tired.

Of course theres a place for your inner child when you grow up :) In fact I take the view that maturity is something should be turned on only when needed.

Here is the explaination, fell free to read, or completly ignore it.

:blink: Wow ! :blink:

Some of you actually saw a snake? I'm impressed.

The reference is from "Le Petit Prince» or "The Little Prince" if you want from Saint-Exupéry.

0300771h-13.jpg

I'm not gonna tell you all the story but it's a philosophic novel, written with a kid's mind, and intended to be read by them but also grown-up men.

The Idea is that the narrator wanted to draw something scary, so he drew a snake that have eaten an elephant, but his parents and all the grown up peoples around him kept seeing a hat.

dzn_Le-Petit-Prince-Nursery-School-by-Ca

And even after becoming a grown up himself, talking about golf and races instead of drawings and dreams, he sometime tried to show his drawing again, but the other adults always answered "It's a hat".

Morality: all the grown up were children’s at first, but only a few remember it.

Some of you actually found out it was a snake, and some of you had interesting answers.

Does that prove anything? That some of you have a kid's soul and other doesn’t?

I can’t tell, and I think no one can except for himself, so fell free to meditate about this and thank you all for your participation.

Edited by marlyly
  • Brohoof 3