Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you still have a kid's soul?

marlyly

27 minutes ago, Pentium100 said:

I don't have a kid's soul, where can you get one? Also, are they useful on their own or only as currency to get favors from the Devil?

Pinkie has one. Yes.

Pinkie will give you one for a reactor yes.

• Brohoof 1

Ah, to be a kid at heart...

When I was young and my heart was an open book~ One of the things I always wanted was to maintain that childhood sense of wonder. I wanted people to look at me and say "Wow, that guy's still a kid at heart even after all this time." :D But at this point my life, I am old enough to have experienced many hardships in life. Hardships that can test you and make you lose at least some of that childhood exuberance. The same could be said for even the best of us.

But there are still moments where I have that sense of childhood joy and fun. I'd like to think that even on days where I look the most like a grump on the outside, there's still a fun-loving child on the inside. So maybe that is the true ballad of growing up. You gain knowledge, you gain experiences, and life tests you; but none of that should kill your hope and optimism. If anything, it should enrich it. Your resolve won't be as easily shaken as it ever was before, and even in the darkest of times, you can still learn to see it through to better times. Maybe that's not the same as being a child at heart, but being able to enjoy life is its own reward.

• Party! 1

• 3 months later...