Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you still have a kid's soul?

marlyly

I guess in many ways I do. After all, I certainly like to be childish every now and then. And then there's always me just wanting to rekindle my childhood memories by watching lots of kids TV shows. I also really hate watching anything too violent and stick with the cartoon movies, especially those from Pixar!

Is there still a place for a child in our soul when we grow up?

Yes, although these "places" are referred to as "niches."

Another thing, by the "child in our soul" you are probably referring to the vulnerable and authentic side of ourselves that is often repressed with shame and fear born out of insecurity. The niche where you can be the "child in your soul" is with someone who has accepted you to the very depths of your soul. A relationship of mutual empathy. 

Most of the time I find myself having to protect this side of me by covering it with thorns. I hold some distance between myself and people unless I pick up certain green flags and not see any red flags. 

I used to trust the brony fandom with this vulnerable side of myself and at the time, I was too infatuated to see the red flags pass me by. To this day, I think that was one of THE most retarded decisions I've ever made.

You don't open up to people. You open up to individuals.

(edited)

It looks like a hat to me, but it's probably not. To answer if I still have a kid in me well.... if I still listen to this from time to time, does that count?

Edited by Lunia
  • Brohoof 1

In someways yes because I still enjoy the things I used to love as a kid whether it be the old games I used to play or even shows I used to watch. There is nothing wrong with still enjoying those things and I despise it when someones says... oh your "too old" to do something or etc... Do what you like and look the other way of what others think of you. It is your life to live so live and be happy with who you are.

• Brohoof 1

I get asked all the time from friends and family, "Why are you childish". I can't find myself being like everyone else, (excludes majority of people I have met, especially bronies). The fact that I like watching cartoons because it makes me happy. 

• 11 months later...

Yeah, I do. More like kid-teen range. I'm still into all the same stuff I was into in high school, mostly video games and watching cartoons/anime. I have days I sleep in until noon or even just stay in my pajamas all day. I rock out to loud music and stay up late.

That looks like a slug to me. Only because I can see that it has eyes.

I think I do carry a bit of my childhood soul still within me, however. There are things from back then that I've never really let go of, even though I try not to make it obvious. I guess they're kind of like security blankets for me when I need to escape the stresses of adult life for a moment. Or maybe I just sometimes miss the days when things were a lot simpler. :twi:

In a way, I think we're all a child at heart. :lol:

I don't see why people can't mature as well as remain a kid. I treat things like university seriously and as an adult, but when Im on break or just relaxing with my friends Im back to my childish self. I still love the thought of going on some big 'adventure'.

Absolutely. I am basically a child at heart. Could be because of my weird brain but I have never lost that childlike part to my personality. There are many times where I am just as quirky now as I was when I was younger and besides knowing more and being wiser, I still feel like a kid in a lot of ways. While that can be a detriment, I view it as one of the few positives to my personality.

• Brohoof 1