Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you still have a kid's soul?

marlyly

Here is the explaination, fell free to read, or completly ignore it.

:blink: Wow ! :blink:

Some of you actually saw a snake? I'm impressed.

The reference is from "Le Petit Prince» or "The Little Prince" if you want from Saint-Exupéry.

[img=http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks03/0300771h-13.jpg]

I'm not gonna tell you all the story but it's a philosophic novel, written with a kid's mind, and intended to be read by them but also grown-up men.

The Idea is that the narrator wanted to draw something scary, so he drew a snake that have eaten an elephant, but his parents and all the grown up peoples around him kept seeing a hat.

[img=http://static.dezeen.com/uploads/2011/02/dzn_Le-Petit-Prince-Nursery-School-by-Carlos-Barba-211.gif]

And even after becoming a grown up himself, talking about golf and races instead of drawings and dreams, he sometime tried to show his drawing again, but the other adults always answered "It's a hat".

Morality: all the grown up were children’s at first, but only a few remember it.

Some of you actually found out it was a snake, and some of you had interesting answers.

Does that prove anything? That some of you have a kid's soul and other doesn’t?

I can’t tell, and I think no one can except for himself, so fell free to meditate about this and thank you all for your participation.

Eh, close enough. I guess I am a child at heart. :)

No matter what the book or anyone else says, I still see Toastlestia though. I wonder what that says about me.

My father says I had a childs soul but what he means by that is beyond me. Maybe it is for my innocence or ignorance (depending on how you look at it). I think that my soul has yet to mature so yes, I do believe I have childs soul.

• 5 months later...
(edited)

@@marlyly

You forgot to mention how when he showed the "grown-ups" his "Drawing Number 2" so that they could understand, they were instead disturbed, and told him to give up drawing and instead peruse geography, arithmetic, and grammar. :3

The Little price is very good book and also one of the best selling books ever published. I highly recommended it along with the audiobooks and move as well.

Edited by Dave247

@@marlyly

You forgot to mention how when he showed the "grown-ups" his "Drawing Number 2" of the x-ray so that they could understand, they were instead disturbed, and told him to give up drawing and instead peruse geography, arithmetic, and grammar. :3

The Little price is very good book and also one of the best selling books ever published. I highly recommended it along with the audiobooks and move as well.

I just didn't mension it so peoples actually read and discover by themselves.

And yeah the little prince is actually an awesome book, it looks like it's for childrens but even grown up peoples can benefit from it.

(edited)

Haha, it's OBVIOUSLY a brown snake that just ate either a car, or an elephtant (not sure about either theory.) That was interesting XD.

Edited by Eureka

i never answered before the reveal, but i thought it was a snake, the eye is a dead giveaway, if there was no eye, id asume it would be a hat

My first thought was a hat, then as I took a closer look I saw it was a snake. I thought it was a snake that had eaten something like a pony. It was the eye that gave it away.

I'm not sure if that was suppose to mean something. Anyway, I still have a kids soul. I don't know why I think so, I guess it's just because I feel that way. Even though I sort of know I don't, but I think I do because I still enjoy all the things I enjoyd when I was a kid. Just saying "when I was a kid" makes me feel old. So yeah, still have it.. But it's slowly fading away, I'm trying to hold on to it though. It's just that I have always been exposed to the world as it is. It has never been sugar coated, which is probably why I am the way I am. Which obviously has had some effects on my "kids" soul, but I think I managed to keep it.

I'd guess it's a snake that swallowed something large.

For the other part of the question, I think there is always a place for a child in our soul.  It lets us see the wonder that exists all around us.  If we loose our inner child completely, life would seem a little more bleak in my opinion.

As for me, I feel like a big kid inside who can enjoy everything this world has to offer.  You could say I'm a kid with the freedom of an adult, but not yet with all the major responsibilities like supporting a family etc...so life's pretty fun right now wink.png .  As I get older, I plan on having this inner child stick around.  I like it, and it's a part of who I am.  Getting older and having more responsibility still doesn't mean you have to grow up completely.  What's the fun in that? 

To me the picture looks either like a ten-gallon cowboy hat or a snake that ate something. The overall structure of the picture looks like a hat from the old west. The reason I think it is snake is because of the two beady little eyes in the front. lol

It is a shame that truly worthwhile values are demeaned by society, and ascribed to the status of childhood - as if childhood were a negative thing. 

A willingness to do good in the world, cheerfulness, and optimism seems to be often looked down upon as naivety. Idealism is scattered to the winds. We all have some negative experiences in life, but some people choose to allow them to harden their hearts and cause them to don an attitude of disdain about idealism, automatically associating it with naivety or so-called childishness. 

The positive things in life are always there. I hope that, one day, society as a whole will realize that focusing on them instead of hardening your heart to them is a true path to maturity. As with most things in life, there must be a balance between idealism and realism. We should always strive for the ideal, while continuously maintaining clear awareness of the reality of the present. Whether or not the ideal is attained within a single lifetime, one would have gone much farther than if they had set their goals lower.

img-987465-1-chapeau01.jpg

What is this?

My answer:

My original guess was a hat.

• Brohoof 1

My first impression was that of a distant mountain. A place to run to, a place to hide.

My soul of a child was destroyed by this world long ago. But like a shattered glass there's always a sliver left over as long as you never give up looking for it

(edited)

I am adult enough to stand responsible when I have to, to remember the bad times in my life and learn from them and generally find my way and place in this world, hopefully.

I am child enough to not feel bad about what I like, to do my thing without caring what people label me for it and to be free, and I am gosh darn proud.

And it´s a snake that ate Indiana Jones´ hat.

Edited by Friendship_Cannon

(edited)

I like to think there is still room for the child in us as we grow old. 

My answer is an elephant under brown tarp, lots of brown tarp.

Edit: Wow, I didn't even notice the eye. It's funny that so many say it's a hat; the shape immediately screamed "Elephant under something" to me. My second guess was some kind of weird gravy creature unsure.png

Edited by MuteMutt
  • Brohoof 1

I dont know why huh.png  but today I remembered one of the first book I red by myself that makes me think deeply.

I'm not gonna tel the name of it (you might guess) but thinking about it raised a question.

Is there still a place for a child in our soul when we grow up? huh.png

Just to see if there is a kid inside of you, answer this question, dont pay attention to the other answers before giving yours, that's cheating:

img-987465-1-chapeau01.jpg

What is this?

Some of you might allready know the answer, wink.png keep it guys wink.png , dont spoil the surprise.

A snake with a stomach-ache from eating an elephant. Come on, look at that face. That's not a happy snake. :)

It sounds like it's supposed to be something I've seen before, but honestly I don't remember. The children's stories that have stuck with me were a bit different from normal. Hobgoblins and kelpies and the like. My parents were a bit bohemian and didn't believe in 'sterilized modern childrearing'.

A snake with a stomach-ache from eating an elephant. Come on, look at that face. That's not a happy snake. smile.png

It sounds like it's supposed to be something I've seen before, but honestly I don't remember. The children's stories that have stuck with me were a bit different from normal. Hobgoblins and kelpies and the like. My parents were a bit bohemian and didn't believe in 'sterilized modern childrearing'.

It's the little Prince wink.png

Wow, looks like this topic is comming back to life, partially thanks to Dave247 (dunno how to quote a member) who posted on it after 6 month of no replies.

Thank you all guys, and if you thing the same as I, try to keep your kid's way to be. Sometime peeples will look at you, you'll have some problem sometime, but if you live happy with that then I think it's something to do.

• Brohoof 1

"The world's a playground. You know that when you are a kid, but somewhere along the way everyone forgets it."

That quote from that movie I saw once. :P

I'm a 13 year old girl, and I believe I'm still a kid. I haven't 'grown up', I haven't become a snooty teenager who loves clothes and starves herself because she's stupid enough to think she's overweight. Trust me guys, I have known a lot of girls like this, they think they are already adults, and they actually don't want to be kids anymore. But it makes me wonder, why not? Why would you want to miss out on the fun times at school, the cartoons, and the fun? Being a kid is probably the funnest thing of life, and seeing the world in the eyes of a child, well, that's even better. 

It's true that we will all grow older, but that doesn't mean we have to let go of our childhood selves. Watch ponies. Play video games. And most of all, be happy. :)

• Brohoof 1

Nope. I mean, I'm a kid and all, but souls don't exist. img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png

In non-smarta** terms, probably not, despite being 14. I've never believed in the "innocence of childhood" because I never really had it. I don't even get what that means. My writings from elementary school are in fact a lot more cynical and less imaginative (I stole so many ideas...) than my stuff now, and I was more anxious and less carefree than I am now. I'm getting better and better as a person, not losing some beloved "childhood innocence". I'm not nostalgic.

(Also, the picture looks like a hat to me, but I'm guessing it's one of those lateral thinking puzzles)

(edited)

I've actually not seen that picture before and the first thing that came to mind was an elephant under a rug or large piece of cloth or whatever.

I was surprised to know it was an elephant eaten by a snake.

I just randomly picked my elephant guess... ok, can I go back to being 6 now?

Edited by Rayna

I saw a hat at first, but then I saw a spot so it may be a snake that ate something big, and now I don't really know anymore.  Anyway, I'm keeping my child's soul in a safe ;)

• 1 year later...

You could never be too old to like childish things. I for one still like to watch cartoons and draw cartoon characters. I'm even considering starting a pony plushie collection, maybe even sowing ponies myself. I like to go to Disneyland with my 20 year old cousin who still loves Disney princesses. Like what you like and don't let anyone bring you down because of who you are as a person.