Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ISO Applejack's hat

Blaise Zebrataur

I hope this is the right place to put this, but I was hoping to get help from my pony friends here since I think this is the best place to get it. Me and my partner are celebrating our one year anniversary together in May. The reason why this is important aside from the date is that we both really enjoy My Little Pony, more so the friendship/relationship of Applejack and Rainbow Dash, to the point that it was because of me my partner can now do Applejack's voice nearly perfectly, and to celebrate our anniversary, we plan to hold a wedding between Applejack and Rainbow Dash on VRChat.

Along with doing that, I really want to surprise my partner and I want to get them an Applejack cosplay. I have already found a Equestria Girls outfit and they already have the boots, but the one thing missing obviously is Applejack's hat. As we all know, Applejack's hat in the show was a light brown stetson hat, and I have looked to try and see if any type is out there that somewhat looks like the one in the show but have come up with nothing.

I was wondering here if anyone either knows a place that either sells them, has one to sell or heck even make one for me.

Thanks for any help.

PS: And while it's not required, I would love to try and find a Element of Harmony necklace of Applejack's that was worn in the show, just to complete the whole thing.

• Brohoof 1

I never really thought about since it looked so natural on her, but I couldn't find any examples either. It appears to be genuinely unique with that Notch in the brim, or its an extreme display if how sharply her brim curves.

I have no experience with this so take it with a grain of salt, but stetson are usually made of wool felt which is shaped with steam and pressure. You could try cutting the notch yourself, sand the edge and compress it by rubbing over with a smooth piece of leather, and then finishing with a protective coating of some sort, but no guarantee on how that turns out.

A custom one will turn out fantastic, but can potentially take months and hundreds of dollars, as I've seen done by my girlfriend and her mother. Absolutely worth it, but not ideal if you're on a timeline.

16 hours ago, SharpWit said:

I never really thought about since it looked so natural on her, but I couldn't find any examples either. It appears to be genuinely unique with that Notch in the brim, or its an extreme display if how sharply her brim curves.

I have no experience with this so take it with a grain of salt, but stetson are usually made of wool felt which is shaped with steam and pressure. You could try cutting the notch yourself, sand the edge and compress it by rubbing over with a smooth piece of leather, and then finishing with a protective coating of some sort, but no guarantee on how that turns out.

A custom one will turn out fantastic, but can potentially take months and hundreds of dollars, as I've seen done by my girlfriend and her mother. Absolutely worth it, but not ideal if you're on a timeline.

I wouldn't know the first thing about working on hats, so it'd be much easier for me to just pay for it to get made.

And price wise I wouldn't mind, my partner means the world to me.

• Brohoof 1