staff Staffer Of The Week: Samurai Equine

Sir Hugsalot

SAMURAI EQUINE

HCCOQxc.jpg

Hello, everypony! As usual I have arrived to announce a new Staffer Of The Week! This time I bring you one of the most wholesome people I've ever met, who happens to also be part of our moderation team! Meet @Samurai Equine

Samurai Equine is known for being a very approachable member of our team. His empathy is a gift that just keeps on giving and I can think of few people who can match his gentle demeanor. A pony of his word, he truly embodies honor of samurai with his actions, refusing to ever act in a way that feels wrong. Whenever trust is absolutely essential Samurai is one of the best people to go to. His mannerism at times reminds me of Rarity thanks to the very elegant way in which he always presents himself.  :proud:

During his career as a moderator he has proven himself over and over again to be capable and just individual, who wouldn't let his personal bias affect his judgement in any scenario. To say it's a pleasure to work with him would be an understatement, he protects the forum and its members from any harm just as efficiently as a superhero defends the innocent and oppressed. (Henshin hero?)

I myself got to meet Samurai on the forums long before he became a staffer. A curious mind he is, who asked me lots of questions about my country, he was very kind to me long before I became part of the staff, which is in no small part why I believed he would be a wonderful addition to our team. Kindness is of utmost important when moderating our community, which always made Samurai a perfect choice to be invited to the staff! 

And of course Staffer Of The Week wouldn't be the same about legend ;) Thankfully we have an accomplished, brave warrior here, so there are many stories to share about his adventures! It's almost difficult to choose just one :fluttershy:

Did you know that Samurai's katana ignites with fire whenever innocents in his vicinity are in danger? That's in no small part how we can keep our community so safe, thanks to his precious devotion to justice and friendship, no act of malice remains unseen and whenever malicious beasts try to come our way he ensures our readiness to face them! It's no secret at all. Tell the whole world that a samurai is always on your side. ;) Evil doers beware, am I right? :grin:

• Brohoof 6
  • Shocked 1
  • Excited 6
  • Party! 5

toovibrant-2.png

As one person I cannot change the world, but I can change the world of one person.

Art, profile picture and signature by one and only Silky <3

jeric_signaturMokeUP.jpg

ORE SANJOU! @Samurai Equine!

Congratulations Samurai! This is very well deserved as you are a wonderful support and pillar of the community. I always love hearing about Tokusatsu from one of the manliest and noblest of men.

If I were to describe the type of gentleness that you provide members of the community, I think this meme states it perfectly well:

Spoiler

srakrkykggd81.gif

Jokes aside - you are a wonderful human being. No amount of words can match up to your kindness and empathy, so all I can say is thank you for my friend.

P.S I still need to watch Kamen Rider Gavv XD 

• Brohoof 4
  • Excited 2
  • Hugs 1

Fun fact: Did you know this little rascal literally REMOVED HIS NAME FROM THE STAFFER OF THE WEEK election? Yep. 
He's THAT humble. So we're making sure he's very well punished in having some spot light now. :toldya:

This little rascal tends to hold a lot like a CHAMP while giving nothing but warmth and kindness to the community - Even when he'd going through a lot.

Warm hugs and wishes to you, you noble Samurai. Congrats on being staffer of the week and such a dedicated/honest mod. 

• Brohoof 2
  • Delighted Giggle 3
  • smile 2
  • Hugs 1

8 minutes ago, Senior Butterscribbles said:

Domo arigato, Samurai san ^•^

My sincere congratulations and hottest gratitude for your service as mod on the Forum!

That's The Modesty!

Well, his being staffer of the week today is also caused by The Modesty. :orly:
What a traitor it must be. :toldya:
*cheeky giggle*

• Brohoof 1
  • Shocked 1

8 minutes ago, Ice Princess Silky &lt;3 said:

Fun fact: Did you know this little rascal literally REMOVED HIS NAME FROM THE STAFFER OF THE WEEK election? Yep. 
He's THAT humble. So we're making sure he's very well punished in having some spot light now. :toldya:

That's it, he's getting staff of the month. Seriously though- he's an incredibly modest and kind person.

• Brohoof 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Party! 1

Nooo!! This is not fair! Not after I rigged the results against myself!
And on my week of absence too?! :(

Elegant as Rarity? Not sure I deserve that description... Also, why the Fire Force cosplay image? :ButtercupLaugh:
Ah, but yes. I really do appreciate the heartfelt description. :rarity: I will do my best to be true to myself and to others as well. My determination to do what's right and be friendly will not waver.
When I shine, darkness fades!

17 hours ago, Sophie said:

*Squee* 

Congratulations @Samurai Equine! more than deserved! it's so much of a pleasure to work with you and talk and just having fun with you! :hug_day:

:hug_day: Thank you, my multitalented friend! I'll do my best to be worthy of your friendship. :twismile:

17 hours ago, Nightmare Wolf said:

You my friend are a samurai who wields hugs instead of swords.

I will defeat you with my 1000 hug barrage attack. :hug_day:

Congratulations buddy, you deserve it :squee:

ACK~! So many hugs! Retaliation! :hug_day::hug_day:

But really, thank you. ^_^ You know, I wasn't always so open about hugs.

EDUCATION TIME!
In Japanese society, it is considered taboo/improper to openly hug someone, especially in front of others. It's an act meant to be done in private only, and it's to be saved for either your romantic partner or family members. The sight of people hugging will often leave Japanese people shocked or surprised. Even as newer generations become more open-minded, there are still people who feel this way. One of the reasons for that fear (not sure if it's the biggest reason) is because of potentially invading someone's personal space or forcing a hug on someone that doesn't want it. At the very least, no matter where you come from, you should at least ask before hugging.

When I came to this forum, I was afraid to openly hug. I didn't want to do so incase of boundary issues or some similar reason. I held back hugs unless I knew the person I was talking to was okay with it or actually wanted hugs. But thanks to this community and all the friends I've made along the way, I've managed to become way more open about hugs. :coco: Part of me is always thinking about things like personal boundaries even now, but my mission to spread happiness and friendliness has not changed at all. So I thank everyone for helping me break out of my shell and become a better person for it.

17 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Congratulations, Bestie! @Samurai Equine :pinkie::awwthanks: 

*BIGGEST BESTIE HUGS*B4B08318-88BF-45BE-B080-59DC111E4CBF.gif.6e45d1cde4663934fdb1ba026fb15b3d.gif

thebest.gif.6300113a9bb5e90608cf9980e7af96e4.gif

No, you! :mlp_yeehaa:

16 hours ago, Starlight Serenade said:

ORE SANJOU! @Samurai Equine!

Congratulations Samurai! This is very well deserved as you are a wonderful support and pillar of the community. I always love hearing about Tokusatsu from one of the manliest and noblest of men.

If I were to describe the type of gentleness that you provide members of the community, I think this meme states it perfectly well:

Reveal hidden contents

srakrkykggd81.gif

Jokes aside - you are a wonderful human being. No amount of words can match up to your kindness and empathy, so all I can say is thank you for my friend.

P.S I still need to watch Kamen Rider Gavv XD 

:laugh: I've never been compared to Momotaros before, let alone be called the manliest and noblest of men.
It's not really a title I want. I only want to celebrate everyone else, to raise and lift up others, and to celebrate life equally. Unlike the samurai of the feudal past, I don't want others bowing to me or feeling like less-than's. I want everyone to feel equally valued and to share life's wonders together. :squee:

16 hours ago, Ice Princess Silky &lt;3 said:

This little rascal tends to hold a lot like a CHAMP while giving nothing but warmth and kindness to the community - Even when he'd going through a lot.

Warm hugs and wishes to you, you noble Samurai. Congrats on being staffer of the week and such a dedicated/honest mod. 

Curses~! My plan to avoid being celebrated, foiled again! :fabulous:

16 hours ago, Senior Butterscribbles said:

Domo arigato, Samurai san ^•^

My sincere congratulations and hottest gratitude for your service as mod on the Forum!

That's The Modesty!

Douitashimashite, Butterscribbles-san! B)
If I can help make this place safer and happier, if I can bring a smile to at least one person, then it's all worth it.

16 hours ago, Starlight Serenade said:

That's it, he's getting staff of the month. Seriously though- he's an incredibly modest and kind person.

Hey now~! Don't give @Ice Princess Silky <3 ideas. :laugh:

8 hours ago, Snow said:

Hey I know that guy! and just look at him all up in the spotlight, don't forget us little ponies when you make it big @Samurai Equine :LunaMCM:

A pleasure being part of the crowd, my thanks to yourself and all staff for your contributions to MLPF :oh_golly:

Oh, I'm not that big. My heart is, but I'm still a Little Pony:mlp_smug:

6 hours ago, EpicEnergy said:

@Samurai Equine, defender of peace and ultimate hug master! Congrats on becoming staffer of the week, I give you three free huggu huggu huggu for being awesome!

:hug_day::hug_day::hug_day::hug_day: I see your hugs and raise you one. :secret: How's that for a defender?

5 hours ago, Tao said:

------------------------------------------------

LaidBack-thumbsup.jpg

GIVSezzXMAAGsu-.jpg:large

• Brohoof 2
  • Delighted Giggle 1
  • smile 1
  • Hugs 6

halloweensig.png.397601b0ba3d0bdc1d66a19d4ccbc7fa.png

On 2024-10-03 at 1:59 AM, Samurai Equine said:

:laugh: I've never been compared to Momotaros before, let alone be called the manliest and noblest of men.
It's not really a title I want. I only want to celebrate everyone else, to raise and lift up others, and to celebrate life equally. Unlike the samurai of the feudal past, I don't want others bowing to me or feeling like less-than's. I want everyone to feel equally valued and to share life's wonders together. :squee:

Oh sorry for the miscommunication buddy, I wrote that I meant it jokingly.

I know you are a wonderful person and friend.

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

On 2024-10-03 at 3:59 AM, Samurai Equine said:

ACK~! So many hugs! Retaliation! :hug_day::hug_day:

But really, thank you. ^_^ You know, I wasn't always so open about hugs.

EDUCATION TIME!
In Japanese society, it is considered taboo/improper to openly hug someone, especially in front of others. It's an act meant to be done in private only, and it's to be saved for either your romantic partner or family members. The sight of people hugging will often leave Japanese people shocked or surprised. Even as newer generations become more open-minded, there are still people who feel this way. One of the reasons for that fear (not sure if it's the biggest reason) is because of potentially invading someone's personal space or forcing a hug on someone that doesn't want it. At the very least, no matter where you come from, you should at least ask before hugging.

When I came to this forum, I was afraid to openly hug. I didn't want to do so incase of boundary issues or some similar reason. I held back hugs unless I knew the person I was talking to was okay with it or actually wanted hugs. But thanks to this community and all the friends I've made along the way, I've managed to become way more open about hugs. :coco: Part of me is always thinking about things like personal boundaries even now, but my mission to spread happiness and friendliness has not changed at all. So I thank everyone for helping me break out of my shell and become a better person for it.

This is something that i did indeed know about Japanese culture.

I've always wanted to visit Japan, but I am hesitating because I know many Japanese people would consider me an outsider and keep their distance.

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

On 2024-10-03 at 9:01 AM, Nitobat said:

Can Samurai use ninja stars? :ooh:
I'm shuriken! :derp:

Congratulations, Samurai-san! May your katana always stay sharp. I'm glad to have you with us. :kirin:

A tool is just a tool, so yes, even a samurai can use a a ninja star. But I don't want to use you. I want us to be awesome together! :eager:

8 hours ago, Emdroid said:

YAY @Samurai Equine

SOOO PROUD OF YOU!

THANK YOU! I MISS YOU, IMOUTO-CHAN!!

4 hours ago, Starlight Serenade said:

Oh sorry for the miscommunication buddy, I wrote that I meant it jokingly.

I know you are a wonderful person and friend.

I know what you meant, and I appreciate it. You are wonderful too, my friend. :BrightMacContent:

3 hours ago, Nightmare Wolf said:

This is something that i did indeed know about Japanese culture.

I've always wanted to visit Japan, but I am hesitating because I know many Japanese people would consider me an outsider and keep their distance.

There may be some who will treat you like an outsider, either knowingly or unknowingly, but there will be just as many to welcome you openly. At least that's what I've heard. :squee:

• Hugs 2

Congrats Samurai! You never cease to impress me with both your kindness and dedication!

Now, shall we have some Arizona Green Tea to celebrate? :Pip-giggle:

• Brohoof 2
  • Hugs 1

At first I rejected the zero, but that was because I simply didn't understand it. Now I do.

@Samurai Equine Samurai!!! Congratulations! :D 

You truly deserve the title of staffer of the month and you've earned it, my friend! :) 

I remember when I first met you on the forums. It was through a group roleplay that involved the town of Friendshire. Many adventures had happened and many friendships had been formed. I remember when we discussed ideas at certain points together with everyone and even when we talked in PM's. It was honestly a pleasure and honor to get to know you. When we discussed about Kamen Rider, I was surprised. In a good way, of course. I've only ever heard about this series from someone else long ago and I never had the opportunity to get into it. Even the mention of Super Sentai and Tokusatsu as a whole, I felt like I got to truly learn what it meant from you. Even learning that you've seen Marcosatsu's YouTube channel, where I got to see reviews of the series that we discussed. It only sparked my interest to learn more and more and eventually watch my first series. It was because of you that I managed to get Kamen Rider Zero-One and started my journey of Kamen Rider and Tokusatsu, as a whole. I even remember a video game that referenced Kamen Rider Zi-O. I was feeling super ecstatic that I had to tell you instantly the moment I heard about it. :ButtercupLaugh:

Even talking on status updates in regards to Pokemon and many other things. It was always wonderful to talk to you. Your kindness and understanding knows no bounds and I'm truly thankful and grateful to call you one of my many best friends and Onii-San(Big Brother). Once again, congratulations, Onii-San! Thank you for all that you do in staff and never stop being awesome! As a certain character from Kamen Rider Zi-O would say, I feel there is something fitting that must be said. ^_^ 

IWAE!(REJOICE)! The Rider that follows the teachings of Princess Celestia, Goddess of the Sun! The Moderator that fights and protects those in the name of friendship, love, peace and hugs! The honorable Samurai who's heart is as warm and bright as shimmering flames! His name is Kamen Rider Mitsurugi! This is truly a new moment in history that has been born!

• Brohoof 2
  • Hugs 1

19 hours ago, Cash In said:

Congrats Samurai! You never cease to impress me with both your kindness and dedication!

Now, shall we have some Arizona Green Tea to celebrate? :Pip-giggle:

Arizona Green Tea?! :love: Sign me up!

9 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

@Samurai Equine Samurai!!! Congratulations! :D 

You truly deserve the title of staffer of the month and you've earned it, my friend! :) 

I remember when I first met you on the forums. It was through a group roleplay that involved the town of Friendshire. Many adventures had happened and many friendships had been formed. I remember when we discussed ideas at certain points together with everyone and even when we talked in PM's. It was honestly a pleasure and honor to get to know you. When we discussed about Kamen Rider, I was surprised. In a good way, of course. I've only ever heard about this series from someone else long ago and I never had the opportunity to get into it. Even the mention of Super Sentai and Tokusatsu as a whole, I felt like I got to truly learn what it meant from you. Even learning that you've seen Marcosatsu's YouTube channel, where I got to see reviews of the series that we discussed. It only sparked my interest to learn more and more and eventually watch my first series. It was because of you that I managed to get Kamen Rider Zero-One and started my journey of Kamen Rider and Tokusatsu, as a whole. I even remember a video game that referenced Kamen Rider Zi-O. I was feeling super ecstatic that I had to tell you instantly the moment I heard about it. :ButtercupLaugh:

Even talking on status updates in regards to Pokemon and many other things. It was always wonderful to talk to you. Your kindness and understanding knows no bounds and I'm truly thankful and grateful to call you one of my many best friends and Onii-San(Big Brother). Once again, congratulations, Onii-San! Thank you for all that you do in staff and never stop being awesome! As a certain character from Kamen Rider Zi-O would say, I feel there is something fitting that must be said. ^_^ 

IWAE!(REJOICE)! The Rider that follows the teachings of Princess Celestia, Goddess of the Sun! The Moderator that fights and protects those in the name of friendship, love, peace and hugs! The honorable Samurai who's heart is a warm and bright as shimmering flames! His name is Kamen Rider Mitsurugi! This is truly a new moment in history that has been born!

...Well, I'm no time king, but as a samurai, I guess I do cross many generational boundaries. And now I have to make that OC a real thing. :ButtercupLaugh: (And to be honest, you're way more awesome than Woz!)
But seriously, thank you so much, Dynabro. A message like this was worth the wait!! :mlp_yeehaa: I do not regret becoming your friend and having you as my otouto. You're too kind, and I can't wait to share more wonderful memories with you. A jump to the sky with friends turns into the best Rider Kick ever!

• smile 1
  • Hugs 1

29vbn68s5j.png

WOOO LOOK WHO'S THE STAFFER OF THE WEEK!

On 2024-10-03 at 10:59 AM, Samurai Equine said:

EDUCATION TIME!

me: *hugs @Samurai Equine*

@Samurai Equine: *counterattacks with a hug*

Japanese people: 

surprised pikachu.pngsurprised pikachu.pngsurprised pikachu.pngsurprised pikachu.pngsurprised pikachu.pngsurprised pikachu.png
surprised pikachu.pngsurprised pikachu.pngsurprised pikachu.pngsurprised pikachu.pngsurprised pikachu.pngsurprised pikachu.png

Congratulations @Samurai Equine! :balloon: :yay:

Totally deserved! Samurai is working hard behind the scenes, and I always appreciated how easy-going he is! :D

Keep the good work up! :lookup:

• Brohoof 1
  • Delighted Giggle 1

genshin_icon_wish.png Playing Genshin Impact? Come join the club! genshin_icon_wish.png
trixie trotting gif.gif   >>>   genshinclubicon.png.1483d2aa1271776b0086

Dear @Samurai Equine,

one of the friendliest ponies on the forums, with far too many advices and facts to share. You really earned this big honor for all of your activity on the forums

To your great future and happiness I raise a mug of tea!

3dgifmaker00417.gif3dgifmaker00417.gif3dgifmaker00417.gif3dgifmaker00417.gif3dgifmaker00417.gif3dgifmaker00417.gif3dgifmaker00417.gif3dgifmaker00417.gif

:catface: