Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Skyrim Discussion Thread

Nim

I think i'm lvl 94 in one handed. I don't really care about looks, I just look at the stats :)

As a cat, I think its important to be light, fast, and swift which is why I use light armor and one handed.

I see a lot of people having trouble with that mission for some reason.

I'm so appearance oriented on games sometimes. I chose Khajiit because I love cats so much and think they're adorable. :unsure:

I'm a level 43 Nord, Ebony armor, Dual wielding Ebony Blades with 69 damage each :D I do some sneaking and conjuration magic as well, but I like straightforward combat the most ;)

I'm assuming you're level 100 in one handed? If not, what are you using to do some much damage? My war axe only does 52.

I'm so appearance oriented on games sometimes. I chose Khajiit because I love cats so much and think they're adorable. :unsure:

Well when I started I didn't know different classes started you off with different things. I just thought it was one of those game where you can just design your own character and that was it, so the cat just amused me :) Good thing I didn't choose the lizard though, he's useless.

Level 32 (I think) Khajiit here (on PC though, not Xbox). I went with archery and have that at 100. I liked attacking enemies from afar with a bow more than up close. If I don't use a bow I use one handed and magic. I use light armor, and nothing really specific. Just a mix-mash of different things. I wish I could play more, but my game's glitched up so my mouse cursor runs off onto my other monitor while I'm playing, so if I ever click the game minimizes :(

I'm assuming you're level 100 in one handed? If not, what are you using to do some much damage? My war axe only does 52.

Yes, and level 90 something in smithing... I also play on PC if that makes any difference :huh:

Well when I started I didn't know different classes started you off with different things. I just thought it was one of those game where you can just design your own character and that was it, so the cat just amused me :) Good thing I didn't choose the lizard though, he's useless.

I actually didn't know too much about that stuff either! I've never played any of the other games in the series (well I played Daggerfall for like 30 minutes and a screaming skeleton scared the crap out of me) so I was just like "OMG KITTY."

And awwww! I love the Argonians! They are so cute! I think the Imperials are the most useless. Their special ability is "Voice of the Emperor" and it keeps people around calm for 60 seconds. At least with Argonians you can breathe underwater and find chests in the water and use that thingy that recovers your health ten times faster for 60 seconds, even if it is only once a day.

(edited)

Cross post fromt he what are you playing right now thread. Got the platinum trophy in the PS3 version, but I play it on PC now since I got the collectors edition for PC.

Started with this.

post-15-0-85719500-1339948754_thumb.jpg

post-15-0-89600800-1339948775_thumb.jpg

post-15-0-98677600-1339948788_thumb.jpg

After some tweaking turned it into this.

post-15-0-54729800-1339948814_thumb.jpg

post-15-0-80267700-1339948838_thumb.jpg

post-15-0-18300400-1339948845_thumb.jpg

post-15-0-52938400-1339948875_thumb.jpg

Decided to start a 2h character, Orc this time. Usually I roll Breton because the passive magic resist is by far the best racial.

post-15-0-02817800-1339948919_thumb.jpg

post-15-0-21743900-1339948938_thumb.jpg

Motherfucking badass

post-15-0-51614300-1339948955_thumb.jpg

And some bonus mounted combat

post-15-0-68569600-1339948998_thumb.jpg

post-15-0-67412600-1339949010_thumb.jpg

The only problem with using the shaders is that recording anything drops it to around 16 fps which is just untolerable as seen here.

But yeah this kind of thing is the reason why you get Bethesda games on PC.

Here are my current weapons. On my as of this moment main, a Bosmer sneaky archer type.

This is my current go to bow, use it for killing anything and everything that I dont one shot.

post-15-0-51159500-1339950853_thumb.jpg

Here is my sniping bow, the Mehrunes Razor enchant gives me a chance at killing anything instantly, I usually start off using this.

post-15-0-72322900-1339951221_thumb.jpg

NOTE: I forgot I didnt have my Marksman amulet on so theres a damage difference, usually the Elven bow is around 250.

Here is a bow I made experimenting with the easily exploitable smithing loop, I dont use this because it makes master difficulty no fun at all

post-15-0-26662100-1339950962_thumb.jpg

Also here is my armor rating , smithing is by far the best tree to max out after your main combat perks. This is about 300 over the cap, which is around 500 or 80% damage resistance.

post-15-0-09995000-1339951152.jpg

Not that I need it, I never get found, max sneak with all sneak enchants and silent casting/invisibility means I never have to come out of hiding unless its a god damn dragon.

Edited by Gummy
  • Brohoof 2

I love Skyrim :wub: I had a level 25 Khajiit, and a level 32 Nord.... but I got a new Xbox and my old hard drive won't fit -_- So now I have to start all over again.

Yes, and level 90 something in smithing... I also play on PC if that makes any difference :huh:

Yeah I really need to rank up my smithing. Any suggestions? I just make a bunch of iron daggers :)

(edited)

Yeah I really need to rank up my smithing. Any suggestions? I just make a bunch of iron daggers :)

No that doesnt work anymore, just make whatever you can and mine every node you find.

Note that as of the 1.5 patch, the value of the item being created factors into skill gain. Therefore, crafting Iron Daggers will yield a small gain and can no longer be used to quickly level the Smithing skill. Smithing can still be leveled reasonably effectively by making jewelry, although not quite as quickly as Iron Daggers before the patch. An efficient method of raising your smithing level quickly is to go to Halted Stream Camp north of Whiterun. Inside, the spell tome Transmute Mineral Ore can be found, along with several iron ore veins. By transmuting the ore from mining into silver and then gold, jewelry can be mass produced. Adding jewels increases the value of the item produced, so this should be done where possible.

Also if you want insane damage numbers you need to max out enchanting and alchemy as well.

Edited by Gummy

(edited)

Nope. Never played Skyrim, although I was going to buy it at one time. But once I saw that Bethesda went down the same path as CoD (1-Month early DLC for Xbox (I mean seriously!)), I was infuriated and swore never to buy another Elder Scrolls game again.

It may seem like a pretty strict choice, but I really can't stand this favouritism on the gaming market. What's the point? Although the contract pays a fair amount of dosh, I can guarantee that they will lose money as a result of other console users refusing to buy the DLC 1-Month delayed (it happened with Annihalation and Rezzurection, maybe also Escalation). It really has to stop..

Edited by LMW-YBC

I've had skyrim for while now, but I stopped sadly because mods corrupted my games so much that I had to delete all my saves and making new games didn't work. I only recently got back into it, I'm currently a level 3 redguard. Currently maining bows and using a sword as secondary.

(edited)

I used to play it...For about two weeks.

Then it sucked and was boring. I got to about level 60 or so (High Elf). 100 in every magic tree, blacksmithing, lockpick, bunch of other stuff.

All my gear was toward mana down when casting.

Eh, I probably will never play it again either.

Edited by Chigens

For about 100 hours. Did almost everything. Also had tons of fun being evil and sadistic. I really like vampires and it's awesome when you can play as one since the current media(Twilight, Vampire Diaries) doesn't really fit the way i would imagine a vampire. I was really annoyed at how terrible they were in this game. Dawnguard actually gives them a story and improves their abilities. I'm really looking forward to that DLC/expansion.

Well, I used to have a level 30ish Khajit with the Ancient Shrouded Armor set, Mehrunes Dagger, ebony dagger and ebony bow. However I accidentally deleted him.

Then I had a level 27 Imperial with Shield of Solitude, the mace from some daedric shrine quest, and full steel plate. But my 360 has problems with actually working correctly and wiped my hardrive of all gamefiles.

Now I got a level 8 Dark Elf and I'm praying to god that nothing happens.

I used to play Skyrim, but I was borrowing it, and I had to give it back.

I played a nord who used 2 handed swords and heavy armor. I beat the game, and then I started over with a conjuring mage. And dang, are atronarchs amazing. Also, when you conjure weapons, you get experience for both the weapon and the magic.

I used to play Skyrim, but I was borrowing it, and I had to give it back.

I played a nord who used 2 handed swords and heavy armor. I beat the game, and then I started over with a conjuring mage. And dang, are atronarchs amazing. Also, when you conjure weapons, you get experience for both the weapon and the magic.

Problem with conjured weapons is that, while they scale with level you cant improve them via smithing or enchanting. I do agree that Atronachs are the shit but in vanilla skyrim I think they should last a bit longer.

If people are looking for a fun gimmick try playing a summoner class. That means you major in conjuration and you never directly attack anything yourself, you let your pets and followers do all the work. It is actually surprisingly fun.

I got a lvl 36 Wood Elf, lvl 34 Orc, lvl 36 Dark Elf and a lvl 21 Redguard... Yeah, I like to make a new character whenever I get bored with the old one. I use two handed weapons with the orc and the redguard, destruction magic with the dark elf and two daggers with the wood elf. My favourite city is Windhelm :3