Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

DJ PON-3, how does everybody know who she was

Mizore Shirayuki

i always wonder, how do mlp fans find the names of the ponies that only show about a few seconds and they can figure out the history about them. Like vynil scratch/dj pon-3 she was in the show for six seconds and everybody knows her name, thats weird. i want to know how to do that.

Yeah, what he said.

Actually, "DJ PON-3" is the only fan name that ever got referenced in the show (well okay, it was a commercial but it still counts^^)

The show producers have admitted using the name "Derpy" in the studio when they refer to her too. But honestly, I highly doubt that they'll ever call her "Derpy" in the actual show.

Edited by Marshmallow
  • Brohoof 1

Most of the background ponies have fan-made names. Doctor Whooves (because he looks like the 10th doctor from Doctor Who). Colgate (or Romana) because of the color of her mane makes it look like toothpaste. Lyra, because of her Lyre cutie mark. Bon Bon, because she looks like an older generation pony that went by that name (don't ask me which generation. I only watch Friendship is Magic). Anyway, you get the idea. There are a few that I'm not sure if creators named them, or if fans named them. For example, Berry Punch. I think it was a fan-made name, but I'm not sure.

Correction.

Everything is possible with ponies.

exactly! How did rainbow dash get her name, other than her rainbow mane?

The creators went to their board, and made names.

That is her real name ._.

Mmm hmm Aliens did it! JK Edited by Samthelegoman

I am a male... but who cares!

Gaahh, I checked your profile and it said female!

(sorry about that! :P )

btw, why is this thread in Welcoming Plaza?

Edited by Marshmallow

Actually, after the vinyl scratch episode aired, HASBRO had a poll on their facebook page for her name. DJ-P0N3/ Vinyl scratch won, so thats how she got her name. Derpy Hooves name originated on 4chan and spread from there with no official name release.
  • Brohoof 1

Actually, after the vinyl scratch episode aired, HASBRO had a poll on their facebook page for her name. DJ-P0N3/ Vinyl scratch won, so thats how she got her name. Derpy Hooves name originated on 4chan and spread from there with no official name release.

Now that's interesting. I didn't know about that.

I guess it kind of explains why they used "DJ PON-3" in Equestria Girls

• Brohoof 1

i always wonder, how do mlp fans find the names of the ponies that only show about a few seconds and they can figure out the history about them. Like vynil scratch/dj pon-3 she was in the show for six seconds and everybody knows her name, thats weird. i want to know how to do that.

Its a fan history made up by bronies or the internet in general, and its usually biased off the fic's/songs/comments written about said ponies and a lot of the time originates as a joke, as in the case of Berry Punch. Also if I'm not mistaken Twilight called Derpy by name in one of the season 2 episodes, I do not remember wich one however.

tl;dr: Basically, its all made up by the viewers :D

Also if I'm not mistaken Twilight called Derpy by name in one of the season 2 episodes, I do not remember wich one however.

No, no, no. Twilight (or any other pony) never said her name in any episode of the show. As of now at least. Her name did get mentioned on Hasbro's official facebook page (see this thread for details) but it was never mentionned in the show (and probably never will be)

there was a poll on Equestria Daily what her name should be. it was derived from ponibooru where fans made countless of fan-art and fan speculations over her. the names where Vinyl Scratch, DJ P0N-3, deadhor5, and something else.

DJ P0N-3 was the name that won, second one being Vinyl Scratch. so her stage name became DJ PON-3, and her actual name Vinyl Scratch.

i know these things.