Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you think MLP: FiM will affect coming toy cartoon series?

Tiina Brown

How do you think MLP: FiM will affect coming toy cartoon series?

Well, there will probably be some impact, but what?

I mean, it could be that hasbro makes a transformer that is a pony, or that some toymaker, Hasbro or otherwise, makes a toyline directed towards bronies with some kind of "Action ponies" including a series of course ...

Or, it could be that even Mattell tries to bring quality to their Barbie-..... cartoons.

Or that an existing franchise desides to bring in qality and/or ponies or other anthrofied animals and/or "darker stories" to whatever series and toyline it is they have.

The most probable, as i see it, is that others try to copy the succsess of FiM, in various ways, and with varying result.....

But now, what do you all others think?

Yeah, there have already been some crap cartoon series' mooching off MLP's success (Care Bears, I'm looking at you). I for one would not mind an action pony set for dudes, 'cause I don't really wanna be seen going into the girls' toy isle just yet. I also would not mind a male-oriented MLP series. That'd teach those haters a lesson. However, considering My Little Pony has been a girls' toy brand for so long, I don't think this will happen. And I'm just fine with that.

Now I'm done with my rambling off the topic of the *ahem* topic, so bye. :P

I definitely think cartoons will increase in quality of characters, story, and music seeing MLP being such a famous and successful show. In fact, I'm really excited to see future shows that have the amazingness of My Little Pony.

(edited)

Hopefully MLP will teach a lesson to both toy-based television shows AND normal cartoon television shows that humor and product placement isn't everything, and that writing and animation count towards a better fanbase, and thus more money.

Edited by Brisineo