Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming BF3 vs. MW3

Champion RD92

BF3 or MW3  

20 users have voted

1. 1. Battlefield 3 or Modern Warfare 3?

• Battlefield 3
    • Modern Warfare 3

Battlefield. All the way. Battlefield was my first FPS, and I've played Battlefield Bad company 1, BFBC2, BF3, BF Heroes, BF Free2Play(though, that one is free2play for a reason lol), and Battlefield 1943, whereas I've played COD MW2, COD 4, COD BO (arguably my favorite) and a bit of COD WaW and MW3 on the pc. I ALWAYS prefer battlefield. I love the realism. Some things in cod really piss me off by not being realistic to an extent. there is NOTHING I like about cod that Battlefield doesn't have. Plus, the voice chat in COD is downright terrible and riddled with little singing kids. Battlefield has barely any people who VC, but if they do they don't go singing, they go and say stuff like "go plant A" or "watch out tank by B". In battlefield, it was meant to be a Battlefield-type game, and after EVERY SINGLE GAME, IT WILL look like a battlefield. Smoke, fire, Things blown up, buildings destroyed, holes in the ground, etc. I don't really know what kind of game cod was meant to be at this point. The first 5 cod were REALLY GOOD, Im not gonna lie. WAW was a nice world war game. Then, they decided to go the route they go today. Its ridiculous.

Favorite game - Battlefield Bad company 1 / Call of duty Black Ops

Least favorite: Battlefield Heroes / Call of duty modern warfare 3

Neither. Perfect Dark is best shooter. (N64 FTW)

But seriously, pretty much all shooters are the same nowadays.

All the big budget ones at least.

You want a real shooter, play Perfect Dark, Doom, or an old Turok game.

If you want a modern shooter, try Shadows of the Damned. It's Suda51's.

Battlefield 3, even though I don't really like what EA have done with the Premium thing (taking after Activision and CoD elite), but I guess the DLC model is becoming more and more common these days with games. I used to play BF3 heavily on Xbox, now I don't have Gold LIVE anymore and hardly turn the Xbox on. Still play it on PC occasionally, but I suck pretty bad at PC gaming.

CoD was fun for the first few weeks, just like Black Ops. I still prefer Black Ops over MW3 though for the zombies.

Posted Image

Zombies is about the only thing I play CoD for these days. Even during the days of MWF and MWF2 I always played on Killzone 2 and 3.

These days I mostly play Battlefield 3 online. I just find it more enjoyable. I get sick of CoD's multiplayer simply because its barely progressed in 4 games. I have nothing against its style of multiplayer (Apart from the hordes of 10 year olds that infest its servers), but Battlefield 3 provides a much more tactically immersive atmosphere. Running around on your own will not help your team win, whereas on CoD everyone just acts like one man armies.

Here is how I rank what is the best shooter games ever.

1. Arma 3

2. Battlefield 3

3. Wii Shoot

4. Modern Warfare 3

There should be a new joke like "was still a better love story than twilight" should actually be "was still a better game than modern warfare 3"

Edited by Twilight Sky

Battlefield 3 is far better than mw3 for me. I enjoy vehicle warfare, suppression, some destruction(not as good as BFBC2), teamwork in most games, etc. Although i don't like that dice is nerfing every weapon that's just stupid.

Edited by bobthecableman

I played CoD once (MW or MW2, I don't know) and hated it, my niche really isn't into First Person Shooters, mainly because my parents disapprove of them, however TF2 is much better than either, why? It's hard to resist a good game that is free.

I don't know why everypony is still talking about BF3 compared to MW3, they're two different games and they should not be compared.

I dislike them both for different reasons.

TF2 is Better Than Both.

THIS.

Let's see...

BF3. Pros: Stabbing people is fun

Explosions are fun too

I can chop-stomp people

Did I mention the explosions

Cons: Does not really pick up until after you get a vehicle

Damn noob taking my helichopter

Getting stabbed is humiliating

Getting sniped is too

COD. (Judging MW2) Pros: AA12 DOOFDOOFDOOF

RPD FDDDDDDDDDDDD

Riot shields dun break on you

Spas-12 is actually good

FAMAS is actually a precision assault rifle, not a fill up the entire room with bullets assault rifle

Cons: Pretty much every sniper

More or less every trickshotter

Tactical nukes

Assault rifles

The other players

The game is ugly as hell

Winner: BF3

Edited by The Soldier

• 3 months later...

You could have a poll for this topic.... What ever...

Battlefield 3...

Even tho I'm enjoying BO2... Let's face it... Call of duty lost popularity when it became popular... It was a swarm of fucking little kids... And all they do is troll... Not battlefield troll... Voice troll... And that's FUCKING ANNOYING... So cod became a noob game... Nazi zombies is the only good thing that happened to cod... But even so... The kids are noobs at it...

Edited by villan97
  • Brohoof 1

Battlefield 3...

Even tho I'm enjoying BO2... Let's face it... Call of duty lost popularity when it became popular... It was a swarm of fucking little kids... And all they do is troll... Not battlefield troll... Voice troll... And that's FUCKING ANNOYING

Battlefield 3...

Even tho I'm enjoying BO2... Let's face it... Call of duty lost popularity when it became popular... It was a swarm of fucking little kids... And all they do is troll... Not battlefield troll... Voice troll... And that's FUCKING ANNOYING

Battlefield 3...

sorry kinda new don't really have a grasp for it yet :( ... I agree kids on cod are really annoying http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png but eh what are yah gonna do am I right?

NEITHER. I CHOOSE HALO 4 AND GEARS OF WAR 3. ;)

You mean I have to choose from the options? BO-RING. Fine... Battlefield 3 for sure. I really don't know why as I don't play either of them often, however from the times I have, I enjoyed my time with BF3 more.

Edited by Death the Kid
  • Brohoof 1

I laugh at the name "Call of Duty".

I buy Battlefield for the multiplayer. I go to friends houses that have the recent COD's and play the singleplayer.

Battlefield 3's single player was absolute crap, and way to short. While something like Black Ops (the first one) was long, engaging, and fun. Lets turn it around. COD's multiplayer feels limited, the rounds are short, the maps are small, and the community is terrible. Battlefield has more variety, bigger maps, and longer rounds. There is a problem though, I can't play a round without running into a glitch or two in Battlefield (most are minor). COD has been using the same engine for about 7 years if I'm correct, and it doesn't have any massive (or really minor) glitches, and you most definatly don't run into them every round.

I still prefer Battlefield over COD, although Battlefield 3 was a little bit of a let down (more limited destruction (to not "ruin gameplay for others"), glitches, bluetint, and feels like less teamwork is needed.) but COD... I don't get how people find the multiplayer fun...

Edited by One
  • Brohoof 3

I think Battlefield is much better than COD, although I still find COD fun. I like BF3 way more than MW3. I thought MW3 was boring compared to the first two Modern Warfare games.

Edited by RainbowDash92
  • Brohoof 1

BF3 is far superior to MW3. Seriously CoD doesnt stand a chance against their new engine 'Frostbite 2', they've changed a lot since battlefield bad company 2 with better graphics, sound effects, vehicles, and customization. And what's new in Modern Warfare? Just a few maps and some guns, nothing else changed other than that.

I've spent a lot of hours in Battlefield and have barely 2 hours put in MW3, so easy answer is easy :3

• Brohoof 2

I think Battlefield is much better than COD, although I still find COD fun. I like BF3 way more than MW3. I thought MW3 was boring compared to the first two Modern Warfare games.

By the way, I've made a thread about this before already, just to let you know.

oops my bad i should probally do reaserch before posting sorry :)^_^ yeah i deffenatly like bf3 more its more interactive? i dunno the right words to describe it at the moment http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

Personally, out of all of those games, I've only played Modern Warfare 3, however, I have heard great things about Battlefield 3, so I probably will get that at some point, but from an experience standpoint, I'll have to say MW3.

If I had to choose? Battlefield 3. Its Multiplayer is just fantastic.

But really, CoD is just as good in different ways. BF3's campaign was pretty forgettable, especially considering I couldn't wait to play the epic multiplayer, but it still had some memorable moments. The dogfight above Iran and the Uprising mission are prime examples. But MW3's campaign was just... epic. Sure, it was a bit weaker than MW1 and 2's campaigns, but what are you going to do?

MW3's multiplayer was, lets face it, flawed and repetitive. Battlefield wins here in every way. Same thing with graphics. You just can stand up to Frostbite 2. But, like I said, MW3 is still good in its own little ways.

I'm looking forward to playing BO:2 and seeing if they improved and gave it some more variety.

ugh this topic again? We've had 3 already.

Anyways, BF3 is obviously a better made game, but I don't enjoy playing battlefield. They are pretty boring if you ask me. So I prefer the cod games. So I'd pick mw3 over bf3 any day. Though I mostly play black ops 2 nowadays.

Edited by Jokuc

I never really got into the Battlefield games, and I have played a couple. I know they are good and all, just never that much for me. It sometimes felt a little overwhelming in them. I would have to go with COD here. If you get past the screaming 10 year olds, the cheap guns, and all the other shit in the game, it is quite fun. Nothing will ever beat Halo for the top, but for me COD does, and will always beat out battlefield.

MW3 - Fast-paced arcade multiplayer action. Not realistic.

BF3 - A more realistic game with extensive weapon choices. It's more grisly combat; you die quickly.

BF3 is EA so I automatically hate it with all my gut. Even if it wasn't, it doesn't really appeal to me. I don't like MW3 that much either, but I really like Black Ops.

My opinion: MW3 wins

Oh god... not this again *facepalm* WIthout a doubt Battlefield 3 is way better than that crap that is COD mw3 and i don't even own the games... I got sick of call of duty after world at war and let me say the first modern warfare and world at war were awesome. After those games cod has been the same crap every year.

Just like how activison sucked out guitar hero/ rock band for all it was worth until no body wanted to buy the same thing over and over... they are doing the "same" with call of duty.

Edited by Gone ϟ Airbourne
  • Brohoof 1

Battlefield 3, hands down. Sizable amount of content compared to the money you put into the game, fantastic vehicle gameplay, 64 player combat... the list goes on.

• Brohoof 1