Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why can't all of this be real!?

XrosOver

Not really, because as much as I love anything FiM related, I know in the end that it's just entertainment. Sometimes I wonder what it'd be like to live in Equestria though(but really, who doesn't?). :huh:

• Brohoof 1

Have you ever felt down after reading a fanfic or watching an episode because the thought that you might never experience anything like that in this reality? Well this is the place to vent and let it out.

My thoughts throughout the day are up in the clouds imagining things, if I hadn't learned to accept that they wouldn't come true (whether from shows, or my imagination) I would have gone crazy long ago.

Well after reading MLD I REALLY wanted my own filly Rainbow Dash :c

To add insult to injury the day after I read it I was walking down the sidewalk and found a cardboard box in front of me. Don't get me wrong, I knew there would be no filly RD in there, I just thought to humor myself. It was just an empty cardboard box :(

I want my own little Dashie ;-;

I was walking one day and saw a box outside my door, and hoped.

;-;

After I read the awesomely written fanfic Equestria Hockey League, I gave a long sigh because I knew that they would never show the Mane 6 playing hockey in the show.

Oh i am not the only american who likes hockey here, oh and your from my home state too!

Call it coincidence but last night or today before I gave a homeless person five dollars and in return he gave me a patch with Twilights cutie mark on it and on the back it said soon.

Last night it changed or at least I didnt see all of it because below the "soon" was RD. just the letters.... Any ideas what that could be?

Would it be nice to live in such a happy-go-lucky world as Equestria? Of course, who doesn't want less worries? But I feel that time spent wishing that life was like fiction like MLP, would be much more useful spent actually trying to make it so.

are fanfics THAT good?

Some are actually better than actual books I've read.

On topic, I NEVER EVER think about ponies outside of pony time. I like to keep ponies out of my everyday life.

(says the kid with a Lyra tulpa)

Some are actually better than actual books I've read.

On topic, I NEVER EVER think about ponies outside of pony time. I like to keep ponies out of my everyday life.

(says the kid with a Lyra tulpa)

I would think u would have a RD Tulsa considering mine is TS , i think Lyra would ask me too many questions that I don't have answers for

I would think u would have a RD Tulsa considering mine is TS , i think Lyra would ask me too many questions that I don't have answers for

Rainbow Dash is already a defined character. I wanted mine to be it's own person, so I just gave it the identity of a pony with no real character. And I love Lyra's color scheme.

Rainbow Dash is already a defined character. I wanted mine to be it's own person, so I just gave it the identity of a pony with no real character. And I love Lyra's color scheme.

So it's a pony of its own with the color scheme of Lyra? I can respect that but my twilight tulpa is 85% of the character the only differences is its cutie mark and ability to fly

So it's a pony of its own with the color scheme of Lyra? I can respect that but my twilight tulpa is 85% of the character the only differences is its cutie mark and ability to fly

Thats awesome. I didn't want to create personality issues. Lyra really doesn't have much of a character to live up to, bit she acts like I'd imagine her to. Curious, intelligent, and motherly :3

Thats awesome. I didn't want to create personality issues. Lyra really doesn't have much of a character to live up to, bit she acts like I'd imagine her to. Curious, intelligent, and motherly :3

I would not have thought Lyra to be motherly but that's cool, just another thing that Lyra is good at.

Myself, yea, I feel like this sometimes :) Though it doesn't feel depressing. I usually just go out, look up into the sky, and seek RD shaped clouds :3 (thanks to my giant imagination, the only times I fail to find one are when there are either no clouds at all or when the whole sky is one big cloud).

It feels really nice, and usually puts me into quite euphoric mood. I realize that I can not reach the world where clear sky means that certain rainbow-maned pony has been doing their job well, but I somehow do not mind. I have accepted the fact and I'm not being worried that I can't reach the impossible, but I am glad that I can imagine little bits of Equestria in real world.

At these situations I experience interesting thing : I think both about my imagination and myself. One part of me is imagining Dash up there, and another is looking at the first part from 3rd person (can you even use this term in autopsychology ?) perspective and analyzing my own naivety. And, for reasons unknown to me, both of the parts are happy, and I walk from the spot with good feeling and feeling like very silly, but very happy, man. Also, my hope for success in whatever is in front of me gets bigger after such self-view. Interesting, isn't it ? Anyone else experienced anything like this ?

• Brohoof 1

Myself, yea, I feel like this sometimes :) Though it doesn't feel depressing. I usually just go out, look up into the sky, and seek RD shaped clouds :3 (thanks to my giant imagination, the only times I fail to find one are when there are either no clouds at all or when the whole sky is one big cloud).

It feels really nice, and usually puts me into quite euphoric mood. I realize that I can not reach the world where clear sky means that certain rainbow-maned pony has been doing their job well, but I somehow do not mind. I have accepted the fact and I'm not being worried that I can't reach the impossible, but I am glad that I can imagine little bits of Equestria in real world.

At these situations I experience interesting thing : I think both about my imagination and myself. One part of me is imagining Dash up there, and another is looking at the first part from 3rd person (can you even use this term in autopsychology ?) perspective and analyzing my own naivety. And, for reasons unknown to me, both of the parts are happy, and I walk from the spot with good feeling and feeling like very silly, but very happy, man. Also, my hope for success in whatever is in front of me gets bigger after such self-view. Interesting, isn't it ? Anyone else experienced anything like this ?

I can respect that but I haven't tried to use my imagination considering my Tulpa of twilight is next to me... Ether way carry on with you imagination and hey maybe u can bring your imagination to life using mind over matter!

No, I don't depress myself by wishing that my life were more like MLP.

Maybe I'd wish my life were more like MLP if I were still a teenager, since pretty much everything when you're a teenager is dark and gloomy, even when your life is going just fine.

My life may not be filled with butterflies and rainbows, but it's a good life. It doesn't need to be like MLP to be good.

Well, actually, I take that back. Because maybe my life is like MLP in some ways.

I'm blessed to be around people who know how to follow Twilight's basic friendship advice, at least to the best of their ability. They treat people with respect, and they know how to be kind, loyal, honest, generous, and joyful. Not everybody I know is like this, but even the people who don't do a good job representing these personality traits at least have it in them to do the right thing.

If you want your life to be more like MLP, the first thing you can change is yourself.

Be less selfish, less demanding, and less negative. Be kind, loyal, honest, generous, and joyful to yourself and those around you, even if they are not returning the favor. Surround yourself with people who behave positively.

Think of Equestria as an example, not an escape.

Deep...I don't know what to say besides that is sound advice...

Do you mean me? Thanks, I do try.

I was with a friend on my way to Bronycon this year. My friend is not a brony (or pegasister, she is a girl), and she's not much of a fan of cartoons at all. She's more into stuff that's more realistic, and doesn't like to watch much of anything that involves too much fantasy or non-realism.

I disagree with her opinion (obviously, and I won't get into why here), but she got to mentioning that the reason she believes this way is because many of the kids in her town growing up would try to blur the line between fiction and reality, the line between life and their favorite TV shows. And she didn't want that, so she rejected it all.

Now, I don't have a problem with imagination. Not at all. Imagination is a beautiful thing that, when used properly, can represent reality in a more emotional, symbolic, and meaningful way than realistic actions can. I do think, however, that it becomes a problem when people want so badly to live in this other fictional world that they choose to ignore the life they are living right now. Because I think they're missing the point entirely.

Imaginative and fantastic elements in fiction are supposed to let us see our own world through a different perspective. It's supposed to make our world make more sense when you can replace people with ponies, talent with magic, and adversaries with monsters. Those things are fictional symbols that represent our own lives.

Do you mean me? Thanks, I do try.

I was with a friend on my way to Bronycon this year. My friend is not a brony (or pegasister, she is a girl), and she's not much of a fan of cartoons at all. She's more into stuff that's more realistic, and doesn't like to watch much of anything that involves too much fantasy or non-realism.

I disagree with her opinion (obviously, and I won't get into why here), but she got to mentioning that the reason she believes this way is because many of the kids in her town growing up would try to blur the line between fiction and reality, the line between life and their favorite TV shows. And she didn't want that, so she rejected it all.

Now, I don't have a problem with imagination. Not at all. Imagination is a beautiful thing that, when used properly, can represent reality in a more emotional, symbolic, and meaningful way than realistic actions can. I do think, however, that it becomes a problem when people want so badly to live in this other fictional world that they choose to ignore the life they are living right now. Because I think they're missing the point entirely.

Imaginative and fantastic elements in fiction are supposed to let us see our own world through a different perspective. It's supposed to make our world make more sense when you can replace people with ponies, talent with magic, and adversaries with monsters. Those things are fictional symbols that represent our own lives.

The elements that allow us to view our world differently has bred more escapists that find more comfort in the cartoon world than reality. With this avid fans are bred, which most likely led to the formation of many bronies (I being one of them). I am in no way saying that we should use cartoons or their characters to escape the facts of reality but using them to unwind after a stressful day in the life of a minimum wage worker is something perfectly acceptable. I understand your point when you mention imagination is perfectly fine though should not cloud one perception of reality. On the other hand using said imagination can allow fans and the creators of the show or shows to make the fan art, fiction, music, and videos that the rest of the public enjoys. After all of this is through some of us may not escape the grip cartoons have on their lives but as the general brony states. Love and Tolerate.

I agree and counter your argument to support and add my opinion and no way think that you are wrong. There is always another truth behind every statement.

The elements that allow us to view our world differently has bred more escapists that find more comfort in the cartoon world than reality. With this avid fans are bred, which most likely led to the formation of many bronies (I being one of them). I am in no way saying that we should use cartoons or their characters to escape the facts of reality but using them to unwind after a stressful day in the life of a minimum wage worker is something perfectly acceptable. I understand your point when you mention imagination is perfectly fine though should not cloud one perception of reality. On the other hand using said imagination can allow fans and the creators of the show or shows to make the fan art, fiction, music, and videos that the rest of the public enjoys. After all of this is through some of us may not escape the grip cartoons have on their lives but as the general brony states. Love and Tolerate.

I agree and counter your argument to support and add my opinion and no way think that you are wrong. There is always another truth behind every statement.

I think that as long as the pony world in your mind moves beyond escape at some point, then it is fine. :)

I think it is natural for people to escape into a fictional world of sorts. It's just that sometimes people take it too far and it hinders their growth as humans.

I think that as long as the pony world in your mind moves beyond escape at some point, then it is fine. :)

I think it is natural for people to escape into a fictional world of sorts. It's just that sometimes people take it too far and it hinders their growth as humans.

Too true but the lessons to be learned should follow you actions. You are quite the deep thinker.