Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your least favorite of Gilda, Trixie, and Diamond Tiara?

Xievie

Hating Gilda just because she made Fluttershy cry is kind of old... it has been almost 4 years and she still gets hate just from that one scene. Seriously, there's more to Gilda than just scaring ponies off. We don't know much about her. -3-

Back on topic, I think Diamond Tiara is the worst of the three. Bullying others just for fun is not cool. Although, I actually don't hate Diamond at all... -3-

• Brohoof 1

I like Diamond Tiara. So to determine which of the other two I dislike worse, I would go with Trixie. She is entitled, mean-spirited, arrogant and violent. She is a major villain. Gilda was just an angry griffin that disliked the fact that Pinkie Pie was trying to steal Dashie from her. She is mean but mostly reactionary.

although Silver Spoon earned some redemption points when she actually stopped bullying at one point when she realized she took it too far

When did that happen in the show?

I like Diamond Tiara. So to determine which of the other two I dislike worse, I would go with Trixie. She is entitled, mean-spirited, arrogant and violent. She is a major villain. Gilda was just an angry griffin that disliked the fact that Pinkie Pie was trying to steal Dashie from her. She is mean but mostly reactionary.

When did that happen in the show?

I forgot when, I only remember that at one point, SS didn't laugh when DT was laughing.

I kinda miss Gilda lol.  Yes, she was a jerk, but I liked her character design and think she had unrealized potential.  Even if that "potential" only resulted in further bullying / antagonism. xD  I don't feel all that strongly about Trixie one way or the other - I just don't.  But Diamond Tiara is a spoiled rich girl that ceaselessly antagonizes the CMC, possesses zero redeeming qualities, and is rather obnoxious, to boot.  Worse yet, that kiss flank Silver Spoon is always with her.  Ugghhhhh.  It's like a two-for-one of annoying.  DT wins.

Diamond Tiara. I mean don't get me wrong, I HATE Gilda for what she did to Fluttershy. It makes my blood boil just thinking about it. But Diamond Tiara is worse and she is in more episodes. Almost everything about her is terrrible. The only good thing about her, is her singing voice.

I'm not even a violent person, but when Gilda made Fluttershy cry I wanted to jump into the screen and beat the *apples* out of Gilda.  NO ONE talks to Fluttershy like that!  

In fact, this right here pretty much sums up the amount of anger I had: http://youtu.be/i1cCxGOPCXg?t=26s

(edited)

Seriously...? Still with the Fluttershy cry thing? :huh: That was 4 years ago...

Eh. Gilda is my least favorite because her lines were so cheesy and lame. I was kind of...perplexed? But not in a good way. I wouldn't want to watch her with my family because I'd be blushing red her lines were just so lame. "WHY DON'T YOU MAKE LIKE A BEE AND BUZZ OFF!"

...who even says that? :huh:

DT at least isn't just stupid. Sure, she's kind of a stereotype rich girl and annoying and often times poorly written, but damn, at least I don't facepalm nearly every time she talks. :D

Also, Trixie is my 2nd favorite character in the whole show :D I like her more than I like 5 members of the mane 6, so she's definitely out of the running for my least favorite one of those 3 :lol:

Edited by ghostfacekiller39

(edited)

Firstly the first character i wanted to point out is DT, but she was pulled back because of this : http://www.fimfiction.net/story/92801/why-am-i-crying#page/1

This leaves Gilda and Trixie. Of course Trixie is not the least favorite because she's a unique and quite funny too.

So Gilda is the least fave out of three.

PS: Speaking of which, I need to read that fanfic again. It gives me a bucket more feels that MLD.

Edited by Metagross

Diamond Tiara, obviously. Trixie is great, and as stereotypical as Gilda is, at least she sounds like Revy from Black Lagoon. DT is just a mostly poorly written character who just dulls whatever scene she's in.

• Brohoof 1

I hate Gilda. I overall didn't enjoy that episode. Trixie would be next in line. I don't think it's more of the character than the fanbase she has. It's just a bit bothersome.

I would have to go with Gilda.  Here's why.

We saw Trixie go from being a braggart to a coward to someone seeking revenge and ending off with being someone who's learned how to play nice.  She did have some mildly annoying moments, but they weren't bad.  Besides, her line about not trusting wheels (while somewhat over-hyped) was my favorite line she said.

Diamond Tiara is the typical spoiled rich brat.  While I do hate these types, it's somewhat rewarding to see them get their just desserts.  We get that with her, even though she still has yet to learn her lesson.  I think it would be realistic to expect her to EVENTUALLY realize the importance of Sweet Apple Acres, and her classmate Apple Bloom; the question is how soon will that be.  If anything, I feel more sympathy towards her, since she hasn't figured this out, yet.

Gilda was around for a single episode.  In that one moment, all that we saw was how immature she was, and that she left Ponyville with no lesson to build on OR a single friend.  Heck, she LOST the only friend that we know about because of her narrow-minded opinion of what "cool" is.  We don't know if reality has sunk in yet; since she hasn't made any known attempts at patching things up with Dashie, I think it's safe to say that she's still the bitter, spiteful, arnry, self-righteous antagonist.

That's it? I don't really remember when that happens but I don't think that amounts to much.

I forgot exactly what happened, but I know that before, they always laughed at the same time, and IIRC, she actually showed a look of concern during that time DT was laughing. But maybe I'm not remembering it right.

I really like Trixie, so that rules her out instantly.

As for the other two though...

I think it has to be Diamond Tiara, but purely just because she's in more episodes than Gilda, and in each one she's more unlikable than the last. Gilda's only been in one episode, and while in that one episode she was absolutely evil, she hasn't made a return since except for in cameos.

I like both Trixie and Diamond Tiara. So I'm going with Gilda. Not a fan of anything about her.

Meanwhile Trixie is a badass. She's my fave unicorn. I like her personality, her design is pretty cool and even sexy.

Diamond Tiara, I absolutely LOVE her colours and design, and her singing voice is, just...epic. I rewind "Pinkie The Party Planner" just to hear her voice again.

• Brohoof 2

• 5 months later...

Probably Trixie, which isn't saying much since I really like her.

1. Diamond
  2. Gilda
  3. Trixie

At least that's how my ranking goes from favorite to least favorite. 

Diamond Tiara is just a down self centered

spoiled brat who seems to well get away

with it,  it seems her dad and the teacher

do nothing it seems to cap her behavior.

So she gets away and it gets fed into

more in letting her get away with being

a bully.

Diamond Tiara is easily my least favorite given her personality and lack of any redeeming qualities, when she realized that she couldn't hurt the Cutie Mark Crusaders emotionally with her usual 'Blank Flank' taunts in "Flight to the Finish" she went right for Scootaloo's disability and mocked the fact that she was a Pegasus who couldn't fly, blackmailed the Crusaders to continue spreading malicious rumors in "Ponyville Confidential" to achieve her own ends and her line; "I don't care about feelings." in the episode seems to imply that she is intended to be a sociopath by the writers.

Trixie is someone I felt sorry for in her first appearance because boasting and sleights of hand are kind of essential when it comes to being a magician, not too mention that Rarity, Applejack, and Rainbow Dash were all quite hypocritical and seemed kind of well, dumb for not realizing that and the fact that she drops the third person act around the time the Ursa showed up seemed to imply that her boastful nature was just a stage persona at the time and the fact that she actually tried to stop it, rather than running away when she knew that she had no chance of stopping it.

But then, she became overexposed on sites like Equestria Daily where she began to show up to an obnoxious degree and despite the fact that she was possessed in "Magic Duel", she still knowingly and willfully sought out a dangerous dark magical artifact, despite being warned by the shopkeeper of the danger all for the sake of revenge.

Gilda was a jerk and a thief, yes-but, given the fact that Griffons in mythology had....issues with horses-I don't think she was that bad. She was a good friend of Rainbow Dash's and Pinkie Pie did constantly get in the way, could she have been less of a jerk about it? Of course. Earlier in the episode we also how annoyed Rainbow Dash is by Pinkie's obnoxiousness before Gilda shows up and she learns of their shared interest in pranks, the name Junior Speedster's Flight Camp also implies that it was for kids. If I was visiting an old friend I hadn't seen in a long time to catch up with them and hang out with someone constantly trying to butt in, I would get pretty agitated too.

Again, that doesn't excuse her viciousness or any of her other actions, but I can at least see where she was coming from in her hostility towards Pinkie.

• Brohoof 1

Gilda is pretty awesome. Let's be honest Fluttershy should not be taking up the road with her ducks and while Gilda was a bit loud in her irritation I would do the same. For some reason shy characters like Fluttershy can get a pass on pretty much anything that irks me. My least fav is Diamond Tiara cause she's a schoolyard bully.