Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rainbow Dash Poem

BookWorm

This is the second of my series of poems about the main characters of My Little Pony. If this reads like song lyrics, that's because I'm writing these to be songs. If I ever do the Rainbow Dash song, it'll sound something along the lines of the "Mine Turtle" song (but I doubt I ever will). I hope you enjoy it!

Rainbow Dash

Hello Ponyville! I have an important announcement:

I’m rainbow Dash!

And I’m the rainbow queen.

I’m Rainbow Dash!

There’s no one else like me.

Cruisin’ round Equestria

A rainbow light

Cause I’m a supersonic racer

I’m an awesome sight.

And if you wanna go and race with me

Well, that’s OK

But you had better go prepare yourself

For second place.

Cause I’m Rainbow Dash!

Cause I’m Rainbow Dash!

The most amazing junior flyer

To come out of cloudsdale.

Yeah, I’ve done a sonic rainboom

There’s no way that I can fail.

The Wonderbolts are callin’

I can feel it in my hooves

They need an extra player

And just don’t know what to do.

But I’ve got a plan

I’ll show ‘em my stuff

And they’ll be so impressed

They’ll just have to sign me up

(Oh you guys… OF COURSE I WILL!).

Cause I’m Rainbow Dash!

Cause I’m Rainbow Dash!

And when I was a filly

I’ll admit that it was true

I raced for Fluttershy

To defend the way she flew.

The rainboom I created

Spread to help my future friends

And now that we’re together

It was no coincidence.

Cause I’m rainbow Dash!

Cause I’m Rainbow Dash!

Sell your house,

Sell your car,

Work 40,000,000 hours

In several different jobs.

Do anything you can

Just to get to me

Cause I’m the most important thing

That you’ll ever see.

Cause I’m Rainbow Dash!

Cause I’m Rainbow Dash!

There’s no one else like me!

Thank you everypony, and good night!

• Brohoof 3

Ooh Ooh, pick me, pick me!

Thank you for the offer. If I do get around to getting the instrumentation onto sheet music, I'll keep you in mind. There's a few reasons, though, why I haven't started the process already:

1. I have a clear idea of what I want the songs to sound like, but I'm not yet a proficient enough song writer to transcribe what I imagine onto paper.

2. Even if I could write it, I don't have a way to professionally record it. As a college student with no job, this is the biggest issue.

For now, until I can put together a quality song, I'm just posting the lyrics as poems. Thank you, though, for your kind offer to sing the vocals. If you'd like, I'll message you when I can get together the resources to make a good sounding song.

• Brohoof 1

Thank you for the offer. If I do get around to getting the instrumentation onto sheet music, I'll keep you in mind. There's a few reasons, though, why I haven't started the process already:

1. I have a clear idea of what I want the songs to sound like, but I'm not yet a proficient enough song writer to transcribe what I imagine onto paper.

2. Even if I could write it, I don't have a way to professionally record it. As a college student with no job, this is the biggest issue.

For now, until I can put together a quality song, I'm just posting the lyrics as poems. Thank you, though, for your kind offer to sing the vocals. If you'd like, I'll message you when I can get together the resources to make a good sounding song.

That would be so awesome! Just, so awesome!

Also if you need a backing guitar or something I can sorta play that too, dunno if that's any help

• Brohoof 1

That would be so awesome! Just, so awesome!

Also if you need a backing guitar or something I can sorta play that too, dunno if that's any help

That depends on whether you play electric or acoustic. The Rainbow Dash song will be heavily electric, but I know the Fluttershy song will feature acoustic. I'm not sure about the rest of the songs. Also, just to make sure it's clear, the musical part of this project might not happen for a very long time. Optimistically, it'll be a year or so before I'm ready to write all the music and find a recording studio. I may even just write the music and pass the project along to someone else to perform and record. It's all very unofficial at this point. For now, I'm just like to stick to the lyrics writing part of it.

That depends on whether you play electric or acoustic. The Rainbow Dash song will be heavily electric, but I know the Fluttershy song will feature acoustic. I'm not sure about the rest of the songs. Also, just to make sure it's clear, the musical part of this project might not happen for a very long time. Optimistically, it'll be a year or so before I'm ready to write all the music and find a recording studio. I may even just write the music and pass the project along to someone else to perform and record. It's all very unofficial at this point. For now, I'm just like to stick to the lyrics writing part of it.

Yeah, I know what you mean, I've written like a billion songs and I just don't have the time (and/or initiative) to record them.

Although, on the subject of recording, you don't necessarily need a recording 'studio', you could just get some sort of mic, record with the basic recording software that comes with your computer and then splice it all together on some sort of programme, the quality wouldn't be ideal but does it need to be?

As for the acoustic electric thing, I can play both but I prefer the acoustic, I have no idea why, probably because of the more relaxed vibe that comes with every stroke, even when your playing something high tempo.

Yeah, I know what you mean, I've written like a billion songs and I just don't have the time (and/or initiative) to record them.

Although, on the subject of recording, you don't necessarily need a recording 'studio', you could just get some sort of mic, record with the basic recording software that comes with your computer and then splice it all together on some sort of programme, the quality wouldn't be ideal but does it need to be?

As for the acoustic electric thing, I can play both but I prefer the acoustic, I have no idea why, probably because of the more relaxed vibe that comes with every stroke, even when your playing something high tempo.

I've done recording with my computer mic before when making music with FL Studio, so I can say from experience that I would prefer a more polished sound. I want my songs to sound good, in the end. Whether this means finding a studio or putting the project out there for someone with the resources to finish it, all I'm concerned about is being credited for writing the lyrics and music. However, if I absolutely have to, I'll consider recording with my laptop as a last resort solution. In short, I'm going to try for a professional sound first and, if that doesn't work out, I'm also willing to use what I have readily available.

I agree with you about acoustic guitar, by the way. I love the organic feel of the acoustic sound, which is why I'm using it for Fluttershy's song. Many people don't realize that acoustic can sound just as awesome as electric, too. The opening guitar chords to "Pinball Wizard" are absolute proof of that.

(edited)

I hope it gets made in the near future.

i feel like this would make an awesome song. you should have someone sing it!

Ooh Ooh, pick me, pick me!

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkM9Qpcwwqk

Here's a demo of the Rainbow Dash song I put together on FL Studio. It was a lot easier to write than I thought it would be, so I figured I'd post this to give an idea of what the song should sound like in the end.

Edited by BookWorm

Here's a demo of the Rainbow Dash song I put together on FL Studio. It was a lot easier to write than I thought it would be, so I figured I'd post this to give an idea of what the song should sound like in the end.

i love it so far

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

it's kinda... 8-bit isn't it? It's not a bad thing it's just that I thought you said it would be heavy

• Brohoof 1

I. LOVE. THAT. SONG. DEMO. AS. MUCH. AS. PINKIE. PIE. IS. BEST. PONY!!!

Haha.

Really, it's super awesome.

• Brohoof 1

I don't want to be a flamer, or to sound like a jerk but...well, altough it's much better than many things I've seen, it's not that good

*Runs away to avoid getting killed*

The truth is, I, as an outsider, don't know much about the characters, but as I see it...it's not that well, maybe she's arrogant, I don't know, but simple lyrics like:

"I’m rainbow Dash!

I’m Rainbow Dash!

There’s no one else like me."

Well...isn't a little bit...the only word that comes to mind is "Cocky" (I don't know any other words that mean the same as arrogant), but the problem isn't it in being arrogant, the problem is in the....structuring or...

I know exactly what's wrong from the 5 years of music classes I had, but not in english, let's just say, that it lacks focus

I still like it, though, it's awesome

Again, not flaming, just...I'm not good enough at english to explain why I don't like it...but for what I heard, hearing it in my head, I love it!

• Brohoof 1

That poem was really cool!I bid you good luck for the song.

Bravo! *jumps to feet clapping* Time, stop! Thou art so beautiful! Excellent poem, I'll brohoof to that.

Thank you for your kind feedback! I'm glad you liked it. :lol:

it's kinda... 8-bit isn't it? It's not a bad thing it's just that I thought you said it would be heavy

That's because this is only a demo. The 8 bit parts are emulating the vocals, back-up vocals, and keyboard parts. It'll sound a lot different when it's recorded. And I didn't really say it would be heavy. I said it would be heavily electric, but in the sense that it will rely heavily on electric instruments. I hope that clears it up for you.

Also, I was actually working on creating the sheet music for this today. If you still want, I could send you an mp3 of the isolated vocals track (as emulated by an 8 bit synthesizer) and the rough sheet music when it's done. Fair warning, though; the sheet music creator for FL studio is a bit derpy so it'll be notated all weird. The notes will all be correct; it just likes to do weird things like putting quarter rests between every note and stringing together two quarter notes when it could have just used a half note. This is why I'll also give you the isolated vocal track to give you a reference to work with. Are you still interested?

I. LOVE. THAT. SONG. DEMO. AS. MUCH. AS. PINKIE. PIE. IS. BEST. PONY!!!

Haha.

Really, it's super awesome.

Thank you! The final product will (well, should) be much better.

I don't want to be a flamer, or to sound like a jerk but...well, altough it's much better than many things I've seen, it's not that good

*Runs away to avoid getting killed*

The truth is, I, as an outsider, don't know much about the characters, but as I see it...it's not that well, maybe she's arrogant, I don't know, but simple lyrics like:

"I’m rainbow Dash!

I’m Rainbow Dash!

There’s no one else like me."

Well...isn't a little bit...the only word that comes to mind is "Cocky" (I don't know any other words that mean the same as arrogant), but the problem isn't it in being arrogant, the problem is in the....structuring or...

I know exactly what's wrong from the 5 years of music classes I had, but not in english, let's just say, that it lacks focus

I still like it, though, it's awesome

Again, not flaming, just...I'm not good enough at english to explain why I don't like it...but for what I heard, hearing it in my head, I love it!

You don't have to apologize for having criticism; it's not only expected but also very helpful when taken correctly. Anyway, I think I see what you're saying. Cocky and arrogant are words that could apply to Rainbow Dash, so I'm glad I got her personality across OK. As for lack of focus, does that refer to the song or the poem?

You also mentioned English isn't your first language. I just bring this up because if your first language is French, that's my second language. If this is the case, and you're not comfortable enough to write a reply in English, then feel free to reply in French (that is, if it is indeed your first language).

Lastly, if you don't like the poem you can tell me and I'll understand. It's totally cool, and if you have ideas for what would make it a more enjoyable poem please tell me. I love writing more than anything else, and I take much pride in my work, but I also value having the ability to entertain and make people happy when they read my work. Like Pinkie Pie, I love to make people smile (sorry if you don't get that reference yet). If I'm doing something wrong, and no one tells me, I'll never know and I won't be able to do my job right. Please don't be shy, I take criticism to heart just as much as compliments. Thank you for leaving a comment, and have a good day. :lol:

That's because this is only a demo. The 8 bit parts are emulating the vocals, back-up vocals, and keyboard parts. It'll sound a lot different when it's recorded. And I didn't really say it would be heavy. I said it would be heavily electric, but in the sense that it will rely heavily on electric instruments. I hope that clears it up for you.

Also, I was actually working on creating the sheet music for this today. If you still want, I could send you an mp3 of the isolated vocals track (as emulated by an 8 bit synthesizer) and the rough sheet music when it's done. Fair warning, though; the sheet music creator for FL studio is a bit derpy so it'll be notated all weird. The notes will all be correct; it just likes to do weird things like putting quarter rests between every note and stringing together two quarter notes when it could have just used a half note. This is why I'll also give you the isolated vocal track to give you a reference to work with. Are you still interested?

Well firstly; yes, I am still so interested in this!

Also sorry for the mix up with the whole heavy thing *~* and I've never been taught to read all those quavers and semi-quavers and all that fancy jazz, I'm guessing that might be a problem in the grand scheme of things?

• Brohoof 1

Well firstly; yes, I am still so interested in this!

Also sorry for the mix up with the whole heavy thing *~* and I've never been taught to read all those quavers and semi-quavers and all that fancy jazz, I'm guessing that might be a problem in the grand scheme of things?

Do you mean you can't read sheet music? Because that's not that big of an issue. Would it be easier if I just wrote all the notes in order? You'd figure out the rhythm from the isolated vocal track. By the way, if you'd like to play electric guitar as well I'll send that part your way, too. There's no limit to the parts you can cover, if you're willing. My only preference is that back up vocals should be done by a different person. If not, thank you for doing main vocals. I really appreciate it.

(edited)

Do you mean you can't read sheet music? Because that's not that big of an issue. Would it be easier if I just wrote all the notes in order? You'd figure out the rhythm from the isolated vocal track. By the way, if you'd like to play electric guitar as well I'll send that part your way, too. There's no limit to the parts you can cover, if you're willing. My only preference is that back up vocals should be done by a different person. If not, thank you for doing main vocals. I really appreciate it.

I have no idea what sheet music is but that sounds like it could be that complicated music thingy I can't do, so yeah some chords would be much appreciated, maybe some hints as to where I should be changing too.

On the subject of backing vocals I think I might know just the guy, he actually preformed at a gig thingy earlier today (or yesterday depending on your view of time).

Finally on the subject of different parts I can play pretty much anything required on guitar but I can't do any other instruments right now due to lack of resorses but I could probably find a bass/keyboard/drum plate somewhere

So... any chance at those chords or am I going to have to guess?

That was only 64 characters so I have to type this too

Edited by Drewophobic

• 2 weeks later...

I have no idea what sheet music is but that sounds like it could be that complicated music thingy I can't do, so yeah some chords would be much appreciated, maybe some hints as to where I should be changing too.

On the subject of backing vocals I think I might know just the guy, he actually preformed at a gig thingy earlier today (or yesterday depending on your view of time).

Finally on the subject of different parts I can play pretty much anything required on guitar but I can't do any other instruments right now due to lack of resorses but I could probably find a bass/keyboard/drum plate somewhere

So... any chance at those chords or am I going to have to guess?

That was only 64 characters so I have to type this too

Sorry, I was on vacation and had no internet connection. If you're asking about chords to strum, the guitar part is all single note plucking, with no chords. Will that be an issue? Also, I have the tracks for your parts isolated and in .wav format and I'm halfway done writing them on paper. The only problem is I can't attach documents onto messages or replies in these forums. Would you mind emailing me at lucianpmoser@gmail.com so I'll have your address to mail the files to you? Thank you.