Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you attracted to ponies? (platonic attraction)

Lady Rarity Pony

355 users have voted

1. 1. Are you attracted to ponies? (platonic)

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure

I think they're beautiful and I adore their personalities and I think I would find it so easy to get along with them. So I suppose I am attracted to them as friends.

But also, if their personalities were transferred to a human body then I would find it so easy to be attracted to them romantically as well. Especially, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie. Squee. :)

I know that feel! :wub:

Posted Image

Posted Image

. . . . You're welcome. ;)

• Brohoof 1

Something I'm quoting! :)

I also wouldn't mind them being ponies. Though, the main difference between me and you is that I wouldn't find it as awkward as you would for more, physical stuff...

• Brohoof 1

I also wouldn't mind them being ponies. Though, the main difference between me and you is that I wouldn't find it as awkward as you would for more, physical stuff...

Nor would I. Like Ky pointed out, the chances of me actually being in that situation are non-existent anyway, so if I improbably WAS in that situation WHY THE HELL NOT?

It has occurred to me: despite posting in the thread to comment on a couple of other people's posts, I failed to detail my opinion on the thread's subject.

And there's a good reason for that. Despite my tolerant and generally open nature, I tend to feel self-conscious about just about anything I feel, because of a whole great many things not really worth going into right now. I am embarassed, and yet rereading this thread and seeing how open everyone else is being, I suppose I should be as well.

As some who may have looked at the voting may have noticed, I voted a definite yes a long time ago as to having attraction to the ponies. I consider them to have very attractive personalities--it's one of the reasons I enjoy the show so much, because all of the Mane Six have well developed personalities. Some in this thread have stated that they would not be able to look at any of the ponies romantically unless they turned human--I have no such reservations, because them being sapient beings is enough for me to be able to develop romantic feelings. I can't say I would necessarily be all that comfortable with actual physical intimacy, but since the odds of my ever being in a situation where that would ever be a factor are in same realm as things such as winning the lottery every day for five years straight, it doesn't matter.

The Mane Six all have lovely personalities and I could see myself becoming romantically involved with any of them. However, Twilight in particular, as you might guess, has caught my eye, because she's such a lovely person. Her strong interest in learning and education appeals to me, especially the way she likes to research things. Being as I analyze everything in my life as a lifestyle and enjoy learning too, that kind of shared interest is wonderful. Plus, there are qualities to admire in Twilight too, such as her forthrightiousness, and her ability to take charge of a situation when she needs to. Sure, she has her flaws, but we all do. There's no such thing as perfection, and in many ways her flaws are just as admirable as her strengths.

Call it a silly crush on a fictional character if you want, because it's true. I have it. I'll admit it.

So I suppose, like Steelquill, I wouldn't mind meeting a person like Twilight in reality. I would love to, in fact, because they would be my type of partner.

Hell yeah! Though it's funny to think how some of us would feel insecure about this sort of thing when we already watch this show. :huh: Anyway, I had the same feeling and kind of came to the same conclusion. It was largely because, like I said, I had never felt that way so strongly for a fictional character. (Feeling lonely after becoming single from my first relationship did NOT help!) So yeah. That's actually when I learned what the term waifu meant. Seeing as how my feelings matched the symptoms,

"Oh! :blink: . . . I guess Fluttershy is my waifu . . . :unsure: - :huh: - :P - :lol: - I'm okay with this! B) " It actually felt really cool! Almost like a catharsis. I didn't stop noticing real girls, on the contrary, I still felt interest but the loneliness was gone! :D Becoming a brony not only helped me make friends, it made being single easier! Now I'm unabashed with how I sigh dreamily at ANY still shot of her. I don't care that her smile melts my insides. I cheer for her efforts in all she does with a prideful "that's my girl." :) Because I know she's out there somewhere, but until then . . . I have a second honeymoon in Dream Valley to attend!

Posted Image

Edited by Steelquill

I've come to the opinion that all of the mane six are best pony, but most especially Twilight and Fluttershy. :wub:

Also, Pinkie is way too awesome.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

It's been a long time since I had any cartoon crushes. As fun as some of the shows I watch are, I feel like the characters are all pretty fabricated compared to people, characters from novels, etc. I can't really connect to them on an emotional level except in the rare case when one of them shares a very personal issue or experience.

To sum it up, they have defined personalities and lives but not complex ones, and that makes it hard for me.

Edited by Harebrained
  • Brohoof 2

I am deeply in love with diamond tiara and pinkie pie.

I would sell my soul and those of my loved ones If somepony/something offers me to be forever together with one of them, or both if possible. I do not care the form, whether be a happy pony family or slave/minion destinied to be humilliated every sigle day, just being close is enough

that is all.

I might not be the first one to say something like this, at least I wanted to have the illusion of confesion and that somepony cares to read this.

you are welcome to laugh, hate, puke, report me, ban me, pity me, curse my family and my cow for the next 10 generations, or whatever suits you.

good day.

I would sell my soul and those of my loved ones If somepony/something offers me to be forever together with one of them, or both if possible. I do not care the form, whether be a happy pony family or slave/minion destinied to be humilliated every sigle day, just being close is enough

that is all.

I might not be the first one to say something like this, at least I wanted to have the illusion of confesion and that somepony cares to read this.

you are welcome to laugh, hate, puke, report me, ban me, pity me, curse my family and my cow for the next 10 generations, or whatever suits you.

good day.

Your actually the third member to come to this forum with deep love for one of the ponies. I do believe that the first got over, not sure what happened to the second, but while you dwell over your thoughts, here's a suiting song.

• Brohoof 2

Your actually the third member to come to this forum with deep love for one of the ponies. I do believe that the first got over, not sure what happened to the second, but while you dwell over your thoughts, here's a suiting song.

wait who is the second person? (at least not the Fluttershy one)

as I said in the Fluttershy love thread... If a guy can marry a video game character and a woman can marry a wall...I'm sure as hell you can like a pony

• Brohoof 2

that is all.

good day.

It was decided your post was better merged with a much larger thread. That said, most of the time this sort of post would probably be better as a status update or kept to a larger preexisting thread such as this one from now on.

wait who is the second person? (at least not the Fluttershy one)

as I said in the Fluttershy love thread... If a guy can marry a video game character and a woman can marry a wall...I'm sure as hell you can like a pony

(at least not the Fluttershy one) HEY! I resemble that remark! :angry: . . . Wait a minute! :huh:

Well played good sir, well played.

Wow this is weird... For some reason, I have developed a strange love of luna... In a totally platonic way, of course. ;)

Hey, she's quite a catch! Open, classy, adorable, not to mention being an immortal princess! (That's like both child's and a grown man's romantic fantasies thrown together!)
  • Brohoof 1

Hey, she's quite a catch! Open, classy, adorable, not to mention being an immortal princess! (That's like both child's and a grown man's romantic fantasies thrown together!)

an immortal princess is the romantic fantasie of a grown man?

an immortal princess is the romantic fantasie of a grown man?

Young kid = Princess

Posted Image

Older guy = immortal (or at least long lived)

Posted Image

When you're young, that's the kind of story you hear. Dashing hero wins the heart of a princess and her hand in marriage. The appeal of the ladder is that as you age, she doesn't; and it it's true love, she won't care! B)

Or at least that was me. I always wanted to be that knight who killed the bad guy and saved the princess. The second part doesn't apply to me personally though. (I romanced Tali. Who not coincidentally acts a lot like Fluttershy.)

Edited by Steelquill