I made pixel art portraits of Applejack and Pinkie

Pix3M

I envy your shading skills, especially on the hair. Great job!

I HAD TO FALL TO LOSE IT ALL BUT IN THE END IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER /WRISTS

On 4/28/2013 at 8:13 PM, gooM said:
Djenty...man you are crazy, but an awesome sort of crazy

Oooo they both look so awesome! :D Amazing job there! ;)

Signature-1.jpg

Every great dream begins with a dreamer. But always remember, you have within you

the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.

Everything is wonderful, and Pinkie's curls look beautiful! =D curls are difficult in all mediums :P

Love and tolerate, and live by it.

No, this is not a Hallmark card. I'm just incredibly sappy. ^o^

The best revenge is happiness.

Dang, if MLP:FiM used pixels instead of vectors (*gasp!*), that's what they would look like!

Who uses pixel art for large-scale animations though?

Here's a fun thought... These images are 100x100 by size, totaling 10,000 pixels in the entire image. They take hours to make. Imagine doing HD stuff which probably has more or less 1.4 million pixels in one frame, and on top of that, you would want a 20 minute animation at around 24 fps so that's about... 40 billion pixels to juggle. If a 10,000 pixel image takes hours, imagine 40 billion pixels, and not only that, but you also want the frames to smoothly transition to each other! ^_^

Here's a fun thought... These images are 100x100 by size, totaling 10,000 pixels in the entire image. They take hours to make. Imagine doing HD stuff which probably has more or less 1.4 million pixels in one frame, and on top of that, you would want a 20 minute animation at around 24 fps so that's about... 40 billion pixels to juggle. If a 10,000 pixel image takes hours, imagine 40 billion pixels, and not only that, but you also want the frames to smoothly transition to each other! ^_^

Mind=blown. I'm going to stick with traditional, non-technological media. B)

Mind=blown. I'm going to stick with traditional, non-technological media. B)

Keep in mind that when working with bigger pieces with regular-ol' digital paintings, you can just use a bigger brush to cover more area. Pixel art is very different as it's a digital medium that takes advantage of the smallest element of the computer screen (thus achieving a quality on the computer screen that no other medium can compete with), so one does not simply use a bigger 'brush' with pixel art.

(edited)

Thats somewhere around 1000 years, depending on how many hours you actually spent on this (100x100). However, it's awesome, I especially like the eye-gradient!

Edited by thegoodhen

Keep in mind that when working with bigger pieces with regular-ol' digital paintings, you can just use a bigger brush to cover more area. Pixel art is very different as it's a digital medium that takes advantage of the smallest element of the computer screen (thus achieving a quality on the computer screen that no other medium can compete with), so one does not simply use a bigger 'brush' with pixel art.

I'm a traditional gal, but I have much respect for all mediums- I am technologically challenged and it took me two hours to figure out how to upload an avatar xD Digital art is something I admire, something that takes a heck of a lot of time and skill... but I'll probably fail if I do get around to trying it. :blink:

ummmm, it was just a compliment but ok

• Brohoof 1

I really like them.

I don't want to be "that guy" on the internet, but do you take requests?

No. I take RL money commissions. Those things were merely practice as I want to make ones for the main six for practice before I go offering commissions again.

No. I take RL money commissions. Those things were merely practice as I want to make ones for the main six for practice before I go offering commissions again.

I would be happy to make a comission, but I have no idea how to transfer the money. I have a bank account, but no Paypal, credit card, or debit card.