Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Trying to make a 'time-lapse'-ish video

Pix3M

So I want to make a video of myself making something cool with MS paint.

I downloaded Snappy v1.5.4 as it was a program that can take a screenshot when I click, and it was what I wanted as I don't want to make a video with times where nothing is happening and times where I blaze through things.

I stopped despite how I wasn't really finished, but I'd thought I would explore the program a bit more. I tried saving the 700+ frames it recorded as an AVI, but I can't get farther from choosing a compression method as it gives me an error for everything I have chosen so far.

I can, however, export the 700+ frames as individual PNG files. If that's what I will end up doing and I cannot figure out how to export my work so far as an AVI, what is the quickest way for me to compile them into a movie?

http://puu.sh/J9dI

oh lol.

Well, you have quite a lot of options, if you want to keep it simple I would use something like VirtualDub to make a movie out of it.

Else, I suggest using something like Camtasia, which takes care of pretty much everything and you can do some light editing afterwards. ( Like I did here -> http://mlpforums.com/topic/24350-fluttershy-speed-vectoring/ )

Well, you have quite a lot of options, if you want to keep it simple I would use something like VirtualDub to make a movie out of it.

Else, I suggest using something like Camtasia, which takes care of pretty much everything and you can do some light editing afterwards. ( Like I did here -> http://mlpforums.com...peed-vectoring/ )

Aww nuts. I got virtualdub but can't get it to load multiple sequences as I've broken up my gallery of PNG images by deleting certain frames I don't want as they were basically me clicking out of MS paint to reply a youtube vid lolol (i.e. I'm missing frame number 99 and 100 so it stops loading at the 98th frame because 99 and 100 doesn't exist)

(edited)

Hmm... how about making several movies and stitch them together?

I tried doing that with some other program, but I noticed that the color changes going from one video segment to another. Not sure if want, and not sure how I can avoid that.

Eh, I'll try it again. It's probably the compression that messed up the color.

Edited by PixMeister

I tried doing that with some other program, but I noticed that the color changes going from one video segment to another. Not sure if want, and not sure how I can avoid that.

The color changes...? That is more than weird...

Like Neikos said, camtasia works really well. It's what I use for mine as well, but it's free. Unless you want to... (yar har)