Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Are you into indie-ish or AAA games?

Vefka

Both! I don't know why that seems so... strange to some people. Indie games are fun, reminiscent of the days of yore and by god, there's a lot of goodies to be found! But I also like AAA games because some works just need a big budget.

• Brohoof 2

I don't really care how big the studio is as long as they make good games. I like indies like Chucklefish, but most of the time I don't even check who makes the game. Some devs i'm skeptical off like Ubisoft, Activision, and EA , but if whats in the game is good, I'll play it.

• Brohoof 1

Definitely indie games! It's fun to see all the love the devs put into the games and I feel like indie games tend to be more personal and have better in-jokes/easter eggs. 

Only problems are that they can be more prone to glitches, or there's less information about them if you need help.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2020 at 8:57 AM, SparklingSwirls said:

Definitely indie games! It's fun to see all the love the devs put into the games and I feel like indie games tend to be more personal and have better in-jokes/easter eggs. 

But these indie are best of the best. More than a half of games are abandoned and a lot of released ones have the same issue as AAA. A lot of developers actually want to just quickly make a shitty game, make it popular on YT and grab money

I believe good:bad ratio is higher for AAA than for indie

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Vefka said:

But these indie are best of the best. More than a half of games are abandoned and a lot of released ones have the same issue as AAA. A lot of developers actually want to just quickly make a shitty game, make it popular on YT and grab money

I believe good:bad ratio is higher for AAA than for indie

Well of course you should read/watch reviews before getting any indie game.

• Brohoof 1

A lot of indie games have a unique charm to them, that make them stand out in ways Triple A games simply can't.

Or I might just be convincing myself of that since my current PC couldn't possible play any Triple A game since 2000 :L

• Brohoof 2

• 2 years later...

I play more indie games. Mostly because AAA games are expensive as hell and more often or not, I don't have any fun with them. Indie games are also mostly compatible with lower end PCs, so they're easier to run and I don't have to worry about my computer specs not being good enough.