Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Source Filmmaker and Ponies

Sararyman...man

I'm suprised there isn't many SFM videos out there about ponies.

anyways I wanted to know if there is a way to create and import custom sequencesof Source film maker.

That way I can make walking animations and such to make other Bronie's life easyer.

I really do not like the Garry's mod ponies skin. It just looks so ugly and cumbersome, and am not really looking forward to pony Source films unless someone gives it more work. Otherwise, ponies has a lot of potential within SFM.

Smoother, yes. But they still look like clay sculptures that walk and talk. One of the things that sparked my interest in ponies was the fantastic art style, and it is not represented in SFM to the degree it deserves.

• Brohoof 1

yes, SFM is a huge leap for pony vids from gmod but the models are still glitchy and dont look right.the main thing i find about the source pony skins is there manes and tails. they never look quite right, especilly when it comes to celestia.

I really do not like the Garry's mod ponies skin. It just looks so ugly and cumbersome, and am not really looking forward to pony Source films unless someone gives it more work. Otherwise, ponies has a lot of potential within SFM.

I think they recently updated them?

From what Ive seen so far on you tube the new source m,maker vid's are TON's better.

(edited)

I think they recently updated them?

From what Ive seen so far on you tube the new source m,maker vid's are TON's better.

the update includes improoved pyhsics and face posing, ponies and do an "OH" expresion and are more expressing.

i will post a download here

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/05/garys-mod-pony-pack-v3.html

Edited by Oglooger
  • Brohoof 1

I only just got them, but when i load up a model in SFM they come out as purple and black blobs in the shape of the characters. I never used Gmod so I don't know if I'm missing something or what. I copied the models and materials into their respective folders under HL2. What am I missing?

I only just got them, but when i load up a model in SFM they come out as purple and black blobs in the shape of the characters. I never used Gmod so I don't know if I'm missing something or what. I copied the models and materials into their respective folders under HL2. What am I missing?

you didn't Drag The folders right man.

If you use windows 7, drag the materials and models file into Usermod.

click yes on everything.

That must have been. cause after an hour or so messing around i just removed them all, then replaced them back and now they work fine. :/

now just gotta run the eye fix on all of them that foxtail posted and they'll be set.

uuuugh. I really dislike the GMods for the series. Not once have I liked them. I think it's mostly because when people add in any type of voice editing into the video, it always sounds awkward and half-ass'd. Personally I'd watch them if they could get a more clear story in check instead of the usual random junk that parades through everywhere, and some custom voice acting to help out even if the voice modeler doesn't match up perfectly.

• 3 weeks later...

reall

Aaaaaaaand SFM updated, now the models don't work :(

it just says error where ever a model was in my sessions and they don't show up in the list.

Thats wierd, they work perfectly fine to me, maybe you are not using the latest version

(v3.1)

the new version also eye posable and if you look hard enough you can find the lip sync files.

reall

Thats wierd, they work perfectly fine to me, maybe you are not using the latest version

(v3.1)

the new version also eye posable and if you look hard enough you can find the lip sync files.

I got the version that was out at the time i made my first post in this thread. the one from the EqD post. i'll try getting it again and see if that works.

EDIT: i found the new pack. they still didn't work at first, but once i reinstalled SFM they worked fine.

Edited by Raptor

• 2 years later...